shape
carat
color
clarity

10K Picture Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As promised, I took a ton of pictures. I think I''ll start with one stone at a time. I''m sorry I can''t do collages and some of the pictures didn''t turn out right.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea why this cobalt is so dark in the picture. It's a 2 ct stone that I just purchased early this year. Also, for some strange reason, the blue of the stone is reflecting onto the case.

cobaltAGL1A.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2 cobalts together. Again, once I shrank the picture, the colour got really dark.

cobaltfamily1A.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sorry I am unable to capture the true colour.

cobaltfamily2A.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look really dark again and so gray.
39.gif

cobaltfamily3A.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I stuck it on my new LOGR setting. I just can''t seem to capture the blue well.

logrcobalt2A.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another picture in the LOGR.

logrcobalt3A.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the Swala cobalt. Urgh...it''s so dark here.

swalacobalt3A.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trying again with the Swala stone.

swalacobalt4A.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t photoshop for the life of me so I don''t know why the case looks blue. Reflection?

swalacobalt5A.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And thank you for putting up with my dark pictures. I don''t know why they all turned out so dark.

swalacobalt6A.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono, OMG, gorgeous!!!!!
30.gif

Check your white balance - it looks like it''s off in the pics with the box looking blue.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 4:18:22 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Chrono, OMG, gorgeous!!!!!
30.gif

Check your white balance - it looks like it''s off in the pics with the box looking blue.

Ditto this - I bet money you have it set to Cloudy or tungsten. Use Indoor or Incandescent.

But they look awesome anyway! Who cares about the box, I see pretty blue sparklies!
9.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it still looks lovely!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Lovely pics Chrono. I see you got the LOGR - what''s your take on the single cuts?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/19/2009 4:35:24 PM
Author: cellentani
Lovely pics Chrono. I see you got the LOGR - what''s your take on the single cuts?
Sadly, the melees are full cuts. I''m not going to pursue an exchange or return it. It''s still very pretty and a good value for the price. I have more pictures to post but I''m pretty wiped out for today.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lauren, MP and MTG,
I have no idea how to do the white balance thing and etc. Anyone who wishes to try is more than welcome. I think I'm done with taking pictures until 2010.
3.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 4:40:48 PM
Author: Chrono
Lauren, MP and MTG,
I have no idea how to do the white balance thing and etc. Anyone who wishes to try is more than welcome. I think I'm done with taking pictures until 2010.
3.gif
LOL, Chrono - are you shooting in Auto or Manual Mode? Does the icon for the mode you're in have an 'M' next to it?

If you're in manual, you can actually manually adjust your white balance by pointing the viewfinder at something white, and on my Canon, click Menu to select. I usually use a sheet of paper for this.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lauren,
All I know is that I used Macro (the flower thing). That's all...I feel so incompetent.
emembarrassed.gif
You are talking Greek to me, lady.
9.gif
Seriously, I'm not taking anymore pictures. It's so difficult to find an opportunity to do so. I'm so sorry. My camera is a cheapie point and shoot so I think all it has is an auto function.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful. Your LOGR ring is lovely! Happy 10,000 post. Just want you to know that I love reading your posts and I find them very helpful!
36.gif
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 4:46:31 PM
Author: Chrono
Lauren,
All I know is that I used Macro (the flower thing). That''s all...I feel so incompetent.
emembarrassed.gif
You are talking Greek to me, lady.
9.gif
Seriously, I''m not taking anymore pictures. It''s so difficult to find an opportunity to do so. I''m so sorry. My camera is a cheapie point and shoot so I think all it has is an auto function.
Awwwwww, Chrono. If you let me know what kind of model/brand point and shoot camera you have, I can try and find an online guide to help you out.
1.gif

Or, you can just send me (or MP) your collection and I''ll (she''ll)photograph it for you, and then send them back.
9.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it still looks great! and the setting choice is beautiful!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono, don''t panic!

This is the advice you gave me and I manage to take good pictures now!

1. I’m pretty sure you have macro, right? The one that looks like a tulip of flower? You have to use that to get close up pictures.
2. Also, turn off the flash otherwise the gem colour will end up de-saturated.
3. Natural lighting is best. Take pictures in the early morning or late evening.
4. If you have to do it when the sun is still strong, shade your hand over the stone. If not, all you’ll get are shadows.
5. If you have shaky hands syndrome like me, I rest my elbows on a solid surface like a table so my pictures won’t be blurry. The proper way is to use a tripod.
6. If you also have old wrinkly hands like me, I don’t take pictures of the gems on my hand, just on a flat surface.
9.gif

All I want to add is that I use 2 lamps with daylight bulbs (Liliput Plus) 6500K 20watt and they work wonder!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono those stones are gorgeous. The setting is as well. Some point and shoots have nasty white balance issuess, so no worries.

The stones look very nice and have great cuts. Maybe in 2010 you can upgrade to a lumix point and shoot

-A

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Very lovely blue stones! The ring looks very beautiful too.. congrats!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Now this is definitely what I call a celebration....
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Gorgeous blues!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Chrono - Thank you so much for posting pictures of those stunning cobalt blue spinel. Absolutely lovely.

Congrats again on 10,000 posts. I really enjoy your postings here on PS.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I love the pics of the spinel, and you picked out a really nice setting.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooo pretty blues!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results