shape
carat
color
clarity

100% Happy - 1 yr. later

Are you 100% happy with your e-ring choice 1 year later (** please only answer if your ring has bee

• YES, I am 100% happy with my e-ring (worn for at least 1 yr)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • NO, I am not 100% happy with my e-ring (worn for at least 1 yr.)

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven''t had my new ring a year and I am not 100% sure I''ll keep it like it is. The stone is H VS1 and there are times I wish I had gotten it a little smaller and F in color. I never have decided what my dream setting would be. I think we see so many on here that you second guess yourself every time a new pretty setting is posted.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 8:29:44 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I haven''t had my new ring a year and I am not 100% sure I''ll keep it like it is. The stone is H VS1 and there are times I wish I had gotten it a little smaller and F in color. I never have decided what my dream setting would be. I think we see so many on here that you second guess yourself every time a new pretty setting is posted.
do you really wish it was smaller? does the color really bother you?

ejsarkar

Shiny_Rock
My only regret about my ER and WR is that they are yellow gold. It''s not something I thought much about when I got married (7 years ago). Sometimes I like being the only one in my circle of family and friends with YG and other times I really just prefer the color of WG and wish I had that. I would never change colors though-- for many reasons: being sentimental, not wanting family and friends to notice (nobody I know has changed their rings), not matching my husbands YG band etc. (he would never change his band plus he can no longer get it off..)

The only change I''m hoping for is an upgrade to slightly larger stones for my 3-stone ER with the same setting, subtle enough that it won''t look too different. But, sometimes I talk myself out of that also-- the center is a beautiful oval D stone and my husband spent forever researching the perfect specs etc.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I''ve only had my ring for 3 or 4 months, but having changed mine several times before, and even having toyed of saving up for something later on with sidestones, I think I''m happy and not going to change it even in a few years. I think there is a part of me that always sees a new style or classic style and wonders if I maybe shouldn''t have gone that route. However, I think if I got something new I''d still see other things that please me, and as someone said on another post, "Where does it end?" I''m happier with this setting and this diamond than I have been with anything else I''ve ever had, even my previous setting had it not had issues, and so I guess I''d have to say 99.9% happy??? If I do change it it will be years down the road.

If money were no object? Well, that''s different.
2.gif

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
I voted not 100% happy.

I had my ering for almost 3 years when my stone got chipped. So at that time I knew more than when I got my original stone and I was able to go down a bit in color (from H to J) and go up in size (1.3-1.76). I am not color sensitive at all and I think the strong blue flour also helps. Now I am very happy with the stone, not only is it better cut but it''s bigger! That really helped with the DSS that had set in.

Now as far as the setting goes, I used to love it but now I don''t. My ering has 6 princess cut stones, 3 on each side of the center stone. It is in platinum but it is also 5mm wide. My wedding band is a platinum eternity ring of all princess cut stones also 5mm wide. My 2 main problems with them are that they are too wide and they are princess cuts. I like the contrast of the RB center and princess sides but I don''t like theat the princess cuts do not sparkle like the round. My center stone is 7.8mm so my setting does not showcase the stone like I really want.

Thank goodness I have a wonderful hubby who understands that this has become a major issue and has agreeded to let me reset! I am not very sentimental so changing doesn''t bother me although I will keep my set and eventually get a colored stone to put in it.

Now all I have to do is wait the 3 more weeks until my new setting is done!!!

KT

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I put not 100% happy, not bc I don''t love my ering, I actually do, and for where we''re at right now it''s perfect. but it is not my dream ring. My dream ring is a big fat asscher... and it has been since before PS, and it probably will be forever... until I get one! haha... whenever that may be!!
9.gif

berkley

Rough_Rock
I voted 100% happy, but as some may remember, I was sort of in a different boat... I apologize if I seem to ramble on a bit, it''s getting late here!
24.gif

I have two engagement rings.

I was proposed to with a drop dead gorgeous Asscher ring. Months before, I accidentally found out that my husband sold my (his) beloved vintage Corvette to fund my ring. Let me say in all truthfulness, that I did NOT ask for anything near the caliber he presented. Yes, I wanted a ring, what girl doesnt? To us, being "engaged" was a state of mind/place in your heart BESIDES a ring. We talked a little about the fact that we were going to make it in the long haul. That this is "it,''" eventually we were going to trott down the aisle. We sort of put the horse before the carriage and built a home and lived together before getting engaged/married. Building our home really was our first large financial decision, and I knew my ring was going to be put on the back burner for a while. So, the time came, and I was presented with a gorgeous three stone Asscher ring. DH picked out a 5.06 centre stone (he says he wanted the .06 because thats when we got engaged
20.gif
) with 1.88 and a 1.92 Asscher sides. On my 5 3/4 sized finger....gargantuan is an understatement. I like to think that I am not a ostentatious person, and while beautiful and unique, I felt somewhat overwhelmed by my ring. Don''t get me wrong, I love it, and love the man even more so, but when I envisioned my e-ring I didn''t even fathom something like that. I was thinking he was going to go the solitaire route. I really liked the step cuts and the vintage-y feel of the asschers, and he took that idea, and RAN! He chose the three-stone ring because of it''s symbolism, the past, present and future and while the sentiment is really special, the size of the stones are overpowering. I wore the ring for a week and suffered from "Blingage Banging Syndrome." It felt like I was walking around with a cinder block made of sugar, like it was this delicate thing that I had to be careful not to break. I didn''t want to bang it, scratch it, etc and every time I would knock it on something, I was whipping out a loupe to make sure things were ok.

It was decided I should have something that would be more practical for every day wear. I really wanted just a simple eternity band, and just double the engagement eternity band as my wedding band and wear the two together for special occasions etc. We hit Tiffany''s and I tried on a few solitaires and loved them. The simplicity of them, so classic! So we (he) decided on a 2.78ct H - HnA rb set in a simple 6-prong setting.

So in all actuality, I have two e-rings, and have been happy with both thus far.

That doesn''t mean I don''t *think* about redesigning anything however....
32.gif

Looking at everyones rings, projects and ideas can really make a girl wonder "what would MY stone look like with a halo like hers?" or "Ooooh, I really like her pear sidestones!...Hrmmm...."
30.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2007 2:08:09 AM
Author: berkley
DH picked out a 5.06 centre stone (he says he wanted the .06 because thats when we got engaged
20.gif
) with 1.88 and a 1.92 Asscher sides. On my 5 3/4 sized finger....gargantuan is an understatement.
What I don't understand is... how are there STILL no pictures of this completely amazing-sounding ring on PS?!?!!!?!?!!! Don't keep holding out on us!!
30.gif
2.gif

Okay, forgive my hijack, back to our regularly scheduled programming......

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/25/2007 2:19:43 PM
Author:decodelighted
Now I'm curious. Maybe it's because we only hear from people who are considering change -- but I'm starting to think it's VERY VERY RARE for folks to be 100% happy with their e-rings even as little as 1 year later.
deco, I believe that that is because this is a forum for the discussion of diamonds. I do not think that our group is reflective of the real world ;-). february2003bride and Sara said this earlier in the thread.

Deb
34.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m happy with all of mine. Most of them are set by themselves in platinum. I''ve had some of them since the late 1960''s and never wanted to change anything about the settings.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am delighted with my anniversary ring--it is a vast change in shape, size, color and setting from my first ring of twenty years. I will not be amending/changing it. Ever. Instead, I''ll just keep adding/amending my RHR''s..............................
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
I would have gotten a higher color stone, have a G - would have gone high F or E.
Would have worked harder to find a nice cushion, which is originally what I had my heart set on, I should have looked at Ovals too. Also, I'm rethinking the pave setting, and considering a classic three stone.

But, I love fiance and ring, and what it represents. It's pretty, and it was 100% custom made for me.

Scintillating...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2007 2:08:09 AM
Author: berkley
I voted 100% happy, but as some may remember, I was sort of in a different boat... I apologize if I seem to ramble on a bit, it''s getting late here!
24.gif

I have two engagement rings.

I was proposed to with a drop dead gorgeous Asscher ring. Months before, I accidentally found out that my husband sold my (his) beloved vintage Corvette to fund my ring. Let me say in all truthfulness, that I did NOT ask for anything near the caliber he presented. Yes, I wanted a ring, what girl doesnt? To us, being ''engaged'' was a state of mind/place in your heart BESIDES a ring. We talked a little about the fact that we were going to make it in the long haul. That this is ''it,'''' eventually we were going to trott down the aisle. We sort of put the horse before the carriage and built a home and lived together before getting engaged/married. Building our home really was our first large financial decision, and I knew my ring was going to be put on the back burner for a while. So, the time came, and I was presented with a gorgeous three stone Asscher ring. DH picked out a 5.06 centre stone (he says he wanted the .06 because thats when we got engaged
20.gif
) with 1.88 and a 1.92 Asscher sides. On my 5 3/4 sized finger....gargantuan is an understatement. I like to think that I am not a ostentatious person, and while beautiful and unique, I felt somewhat overwhelmed by my ring. Don''t get me wrong, I love it, and love the man even more so, but when I envisioned my e-ring I didn''t even fathom something like that. I was thinking he was going to go the solitaire route. I really liked the step cuts and the vintage-y feel of the asschers, and he took that idea, and RAN! He chose the three-stone ring because of it''s symbolism, the past, present and future and while the sentiment is really special, the size of the stones are overpowering. I wore the ring for a week and suffered from ''Blingage Banging Syndrome.'' It felt like I was walking around with a cinder block made of sugar, like it was this delicate thing that I had to be careful not to break. I didn''t want to bang it, scratch it, etc and every time I would knock it on something, I was whipping out a loupe to make sure things were ok.

It was decided I should have something that would be more practical for every day wear. I really wanted just a simple eternity band, and just double the engagement eternity band as my wedding band and wear the two together for special occasions etc. We hit Tiffany''s and I tried on a few solitaires and loved them. The simplicity of them, so classic! So we (he) decided on a 2.78ct H - HnA rb set in a simple 6-prong setting.

So in all actuality, I have two e-rings, and have been happy with both thus far.

That doesn''t mean I don''t *think* about redesigning anything however....
32.gif

Looking at everyones rings, projects and ideas can really make a girl wonder ''what would MY stone look like with a halo like hers?'' or ''Ooooh, I really like her pear sidestones!...Hrmmm....''
30.gif
dude, I remember you and if I recall you did NOT come back and share your ring!!!!!!!!!! I''ll have to go back later and see... I remember your dh then being so eager to sell his car to give you this gift.... so show it off!! It was like a 7 carat right? I''ll have to look later when I have more time..... but there better be a picture thread!!!!!!!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
While I love my stone and setting most days, sometimes I wish I had a round. Everyone in our circle/families have rounds, and sometimes I feel they think my radiant is full of flaws because it has the crushed glass look. Sure, sometimes I wish I had a larger stone and a solitaire setting, but I love my stone. It was what we could afford at the time, and it''s lovely. A little larger? Sure, why not? I just want to find a good wedding band, to be honest.
1.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
I can't vote, but I love, love love my ring. I'm not 100% happy every day, but I love it enough to be so excited to wear it daily.

The only things I might/would change in the future are the color (I'd go to a G-H) and possibly the setting. I adore my setting now, but it might be fun to add small (.40ctw) pear sides for an anniversary or something.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I'm only 10 months in so I didn't vote (also wish I could see the results!), but I'm 100% happy with my engagement ring! Which is a little surprising since I'd always wanted either and ascher or a three-stone trellis ring.
I think I might have devloped shrinkage or wishful thinking if it wasn't for my wedding band. It so perfectly complements my e-ring and is so satisfyingly beautiful that I'm sure I'll never have any regrets. It makes my e-ring look bigger and brighter somehow.

If we had skimped on the w-band I might also be a little dissatisfied with my e-ring at some date. But the fact that he told me not to worry about the cost and to get the band I really wanted made a huge difference. (I don't have a diamond band btw, but an engraved palladium band)

This is a special and unique antique ring. If I had gotten a plain rb in a tiffany setting I'd probably already have shrinkage. And since I'm being honest... It also helps that the OEC looks amazingly sparkly and pretty even when dirty and in bad light! It satisfies the 'my-ring-looks-better-than-yours' inner voice.
2.gif
31.gif

ETA: I didn't mean on ps, but in everyday life.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Ebree- I LOVE your e-ring!!! Your ring, Gail''s and JCrow''s are my top 3 fav plain solitares!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why are the pics in so many peoples'' old(er) SMTR threads broken?
39.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2007 1:07:34 PM
Author: musey
Why are the pics in so many peoples'' old(er) SMTR threads broken?
39.gif
posting them on other servers....

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I can''t vote, as I''ve had it for a little over 9 months (already??), but I would say I''m 100% happy with it 90% of the time.

Yes, sometimes I get shrinkage, sometimes I wish it was more "mind clean", but it''s a bit like mood swings, it''s not indicative to whether I''m happy with it or not. It''s the best we could get combining what I wanted and what FI could afford, so I am 100% happy with it.

The only thing that really bothers me on occasion is that the sidestones on original setting I picked are 10-pointers. My jeweller had 13-pointers in stock so he put them in without asking or charging us more. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I wish he''d stayed with the original size I picked.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I voted no... sadly. My ring is a quarter carat E IF diamond, and I do like it a lot, but unfortunately found the OEC. I didn''t know about them until coming to this forum, and I received my ring before then. That''s not to say I don''t like it at all. It''s a pretty little thing, quite sparkly, but could have a little more oomph to it. There is a big sentimental attachment because DH went through so much to get it, and he actually picked exactly the type of ring I wanted at the time. But when I saw those OECs in person, it was all downhill from there! There was this absolutely GORGEOUS OEC in a local antique store back in my hometown that I still think about. I kept staring at it, it was SO sparkly... sigh...

So, I would be ecstatic to get an antique, lower set OEC. Pretty much anything from antiqueengagementrings.com or topazery.com, lol. I have no reason to be greedy or actually get a new ring, but I''m hoping to convince DH in the next few years that it would make a great anniversary present, and I can make this current diamond into a pendant. He''s getting me a new wedding band this year because mine is just too wide for my stubby fingers, haha, and he doesn''t understand, but accepts, my jewelry love.

*M*

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2007 12:40:20 PM
Author: february2003bride
Ebree- I LOVE your e-ring!!! Your ring, Gail''s and JCrow''s are my top 3 fav plain solitares!!

THANK YOU Feb2003bride!!! You totally made my day! I made someone''s top 3 list!!!! I love your ring as well, as you know, and I cannot wait to see it with its new setting and sidestones!!
Gail

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2007 12:40:20 PM
Author: february2003bride

Thank you so much, Feb! I can''t tell you how happy my ring being mentioned makes me.

And I love yours too. Be sure to post tons of pics of your beautiful stone in its new home.

Stardust

Rough_Rock
No, it wasn''t what I really wanted at the time, but it''s what we could afford. I liked so many different things that I wasn''t too concerned that it wasn''t exactly what I wanted. Shrikage also set in within a week of getting it. And I guess I''m color sensitive because I feel as though I notice the color in the H stone.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t vote cause I''ve only had my ring 7 months (1.5 carat H, S12, ideal cut RB in Ritani endless love no halo).

But I am 100% happy with it. I think it''s perfect for my station in life right now, and I wouldn''t have done anything differently when picking it out. Not to say that I don''t love huge stones and intricate settings, but they would really be out of place on me right now. I get lots of compliments on my ring, which helps too!
1.gif

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I voted no- I love my ring and I know I am honored to have a family stone but I would have preferred to have some input on the design and manufacture of the ring. RE: stone itself I would rather have something smaller w/ better color.
Sometimes I felt like my husband acted hastily in having my ring made (he knew NOTHING about the family stone he was given) and that it shows- it used to bother me a lot but now that I know that I can change it and that one day there will be an upgrade it doesn''t bother me anymore.
Unlike many PS''ers I had NO input on my ring. I have come to appreciate the design but as someone else said:
"I would like to change my setting. Workmanship is the reason."

I would keep the overall layout, but have it set lower, maybe throw some double claw prongs around the main stone (to amp up the antique-ness of it.)
I got a quote from Leon and couldn''t justify the expense at that time, but I know that it will be reset w/i the next year or so.
We just moved out of NYC and the stones in my ring are set SO high that it''s uncomfortable, not suited to our more active lifestyle here. I don''t wear my ring everyday and would hope that having it re-set into a lower setting would make it more wearable.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted 100% happy... I have to admit to a bit of size envy when I see some of the giganormous rings on PS... then I look at my beautiful ring and remind myself that DF picked it on his own with just a few design ideas from me, it''s EXACTLY what I had always dreamed of, and it''s WAY bigger than I thought I''d ever end up with. I get comments on it ALL the time and it just always jogs my mind as to how lucky I am, for such a gorgeous ring and adorable boy! Sounds a bit sucky but it''s true! I went through a short phase of late where I thought about resetting my ring but I wouldn''t consider it again... yet
31.gif
I just love it.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I''ve worn my ring for nearly 3 years now, and I''m still 100% happy with it. I can''t imagine changing it.

I think my long-term satisfaction stems mostly from two things: 1) I wore my stone in a temp setting for six months while giving great thought to what I really wanted, and 2) instead of settling for a ready-made setting that didn''t have everything I wanted, I went custom to get precisely what I wanted.

I also think it IS possible to be 100% happy with your ring and still yearn for variety from time to time.

We are creatures who like choices and options. Sure, there are times when I''d like to wear a honking 2+ carat stone in a swoony solitaire setting......but I''d never want that INSTEAD of (or in place of) what I have now.

Given the choice to have only ONE thing, I''d still choose my ring today.

kaya

Rough_Rock
I still love my ring set after two plus years of wearing it and will never want to upgrade it ever. It is beautiful today as it was when I choose it. I got to pick my setting and center stone along with my husband being with me in looking at the main stone and his motto always was that "I have to love it since I will be wearing it forever". So I am happy and so is he with our purchase. It is a 1.01 ct RB E VS2 Michael B petite crown lace collection ering and matching wedding band.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results