color
clarity

10-year Upgrade, meet PS

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
Sparkle, sparkle, sparkle and I love that setting

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone! My anniversary isn''t until September, but I couldn''t wait, so I''m already wearing it!

I''m not at my home computer, so I can''t post more pictures, but I''ll try to load more tonight so that you can see the head of the setting.

Tigian: Dh mentioned something about wanting a new temperpedic (sp?) mattress ...that''s probably what he''ll get for "our" anniversary
11.gif

Gemgirl & Uppy: The setting story is pretty unique: I had the setting custom made by a jeweler called Goldman''s in Laguna Hills CA. This was originally made for a 1.12 ct RB that my mom gave me, but I have since made that rb into a solitaire pendant. The base of my fingers is smaller than my knuckle, hence I got the euroshank, and I love the weightiness of a thicker shank that looked "dainty" on top, hence the extreme taper. When made my mom''s rb into a pendant, I had Goldman''s put in a 4-prong head for my 1.23 ct princess and kept using this setting because I loved it....then this past weekend, I traded in my princess ct for this 1.81 rb, and my family jeweler: Pro Gems actually put this "crown" type of head on my existing shank. I have been sending lots of pictures to my family jeweler over the past month, and they have been looking for the perfect head for the stone....I have no idea where they got it, all I know is that it was exactly what I wanted. I have loved Matatora''s (sp?) Locke setting ever since I saw it, so I sent pictures of that, and the Tiffany and Co. solitaire, and all kinds of other pictures to show them the type of 6-prong head I wanted. My specifications were: it had to be crown-like, had to be low in profile, and the prongs had to rounded.
I have a great side-profile pic of the 2 rings and you can see how they fit next to each other.

Other comments:
1) This SI1 was completely eyeclean to me even though the clouds/crystals etc are on the table! Can you guys see them? I must be getting old because even with a loupe I had trouble seeing anything. Maybe a few things that looked like specs of dust.
2) My share-prong band has F-G color stones, and for the most part I cannot see the difference between the "H" center and the stones on my band. It has to be under certain light conditions and from the side that I notice the slight tinge of the "H", and guess what? Does not bother me one bit.
3) I think "close to 2ct" is probably the largest I''ll go for now. I feel that it''s substantial enough to be noticed, yet not so huge that it hinders my active life style. It gives my size 5.25 fingers great coverage, My rings are sized to 5.5 though, to get past my big knuckles.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE IT!!! I also love it with the band! Congrats on 10 years!!!

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous upgrade! It goes perfectly with your 7 stone band. Congrats on your anniversary.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely ring and such a nice size!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Simply stunning and classic. Congratulations on your 10th anniversary!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your 10 year anniversary!!! Beautiful rock!!!! Looks great on you!!!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the well wishes. I feel so blessed to get the ring I''ve always wanted. Here are a few more pictures for your viewing pleasure!

skprofile2.jpg

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a good one to show the prongs

skprongs1.jpg

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another handshot

skhandshot2.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, this is just gorgeous!!! My gosh, what a big beautiful stone, you must spend your day just staring at it, I know I would! I looks so beautiful on you jaysonsmom, I am really happy for you, many congrats!!!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
How beautiful! Seeing how young/beautiful you are from the picture, I can''t believe you have been married for 10 years!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
This is how white my "H" looks, and I''m pretty color sensitive!

skwhite.jpg

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Somebody help, I can''t get enough of this baby!!!!!!! I''m neglecting my other babies at home
3.gif

skprongs2.jpg

jan can

Shiny_Rock
Happy almost Anniversary. No wonder you didn''t want to wait. Gorgeous.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2010 11:08:51 PM
Author: zhuzhu
How beautiful! Seeing how young/beautiful you are from the picture, I can''t believe you have been married for 10 years!

You''re so sweet. I got married in my late 20''s....do the math!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2010 12:47:33 PM
Author: jaysonsmom
Thank you everyone! My anniversary isn't until September, but I couldn't wait, so I'm already wearing it!

I'm not at my home computer, so I can't post more pictures, but I'll try to load more tonight so that you can see the head of the setting.

Tigian: Dh mentioned something about wanting a new temperpedic (sp?) mattress ...that's probably what he'll get for 'our' anniversary
11.gif

Gemgirl & Uppy: The setting story is pretty unique: I had the setting custom made by a jeweler called Goldman's in Laguna Hills CA. This was originally made for a 1.12 ct RB that my mom gave me, but I have since made that rb into a solitaire pendant. The base of my fingers is smaller than my knuckle, hence I got the euroshank, and I love the weightiness of a thicker shank that looked 'dainty' on top, hence the extreme taper. When made my mom's rb into a pendant, I had Goldman's put in a 4-prong head for my 1.23 ct princess and kept using this setting because I loved it....then this past weekend, I traded in my princess ct for this 1.81 rb, and my family jeweler: Pro Gems actually put this 'crown' type of head on my existing shank. I have been sending lots of pictures to my family jeweler over the past month, and they have been looking for the perfect head for the stone....I have no idea where they got it, all I know is that it was exactly what I wanted. I have loved Matatora's (sp?) Locke setting ever since I saw it, so I sent pictures of that, and the Tiffany and Co. solitaire, and all kinds of other pictures to show them the type of 6-prong head I wanted. My specifications were: it had to be crown-like, had to be low in profile, and the prongs had to rounded.

I have a great side-profile pic of the 2 rings and you can see how they fit next to each other.

Other comments:

1) This SI1 was completely eyeclean to me even though the clouds/crystals etc are on the table! Can you guys see them? I must be getting old because even with a loupe I had trouble seeing anything. Maybe a few things that looked like specs of dust.

2) My share-prong band has F-G color stones, and for the most part I cannot see the difference between the 'H' center and the stones on my band. It has to be under certain light conditions and from the side that I notice the slight tinge of the 'H', and guess what? Does not bother me one bit.

3) I think 'close to 2ct' is probably the largest I'll go for now. I feel that it's substantial enough to be noticed, yet not so huge that it hinders my active life style. It gives my size 5.25 fingers great coverage, My rings are sized to 5.5 though, to get past my big knuckles.

I love your ring! I have been looking for a new peg head to put in my setting (I really don't like the standard issue I have) Your crown-like head is perfect. If you find out where your jeweler got yours, or what it is called, please let me know. I am going to save your head close-up picture for my "possible new head" file. Thanks for sharing your great photos, your stone looks huge. And congrats on 10 years!
(We've been shopping for a new mattress and I tested out the tempur-pedic grand bed, it was nice!)

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
happy 10 years!!!
36.gif

and yes, i remember Mat''s Locke setting. it was gorgeous! the head on your setting is almost exactly like it! i love it!
30.gif

and the stone is outta this world.
10.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
J''smom
35.gif

congrats, a beautiful classic!!
30.gif
36.gif

now your hubby can get his motorcycle.
9.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous stone, *great* head, happy anniversary! I''m curious about the specifics, too, and I don''t even have any rounds to be re/set hanging around.
41.gif

Magic_Stick

Rough_Rock
That''s really pretty! I have the same exact style set except your engagement ring stone is bigger. I love it!

Fire and Ice

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!

Your ring is so classic and beautiful! Love that solitaire setting!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Gorgeous rings.

wishingstar

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous set, so glad you finally found your stone!
36.gif

Happy 10th anniversary!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Happy 10th!!!!!! Congratulations it is a gorgeous upgrade!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all!

Funny story: When we first got engaged, he proposed with a 0.81 rb...I had one princess upgrade in between, and now I have a 1.81 ct (exactly 1 ct. more)! Dh said at our 20 year anniversary he''ll upgrade the ring to a 2.81 ct....etc etc. He''s always been a 80th-percentile kinda guy....not perfect, but good enough
emwink.gif
to pull a B. haha

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/25/2010 3:01:29 PM
Author: jaysonsmom
Thank you all!

Funny story: When we first got engaged, he proposed with a 0.81 rb...I had one princess upgrade in between, and now I have a 1.81 ct (exactly 1 ct. more)! Dh said at our 20 year anniversary he''ll upgrade the ring to a 2.81 ct....etc etc. He''s always been a 80th-percentile kinda guy....not perfect, but good enough
emwink.gif
to pull a B. haha

LOL! That''s to cute!
5.gif
Congratulations your set is absolutely gorgeous!
4.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results