shape
carat
color
clarity

#10 has a timeline!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I made FF breakfast this morning, and we were talking over our pancakes, sausage and eggs about the upcoming holiday season and visiting family. If you have been following my story, you know that FF has some financial issues that are keeping us from getting engaged at this time. Well, as part of the breakfast conversation, he was talking about how he plans to pay down his debts in order to get to a point where saving for a ring can begin. He told me that if possible, he wants to propose next summer, but likely, I would be getting a ring by the end of next year! I could have cried, I felt so excited.
36.gif
He''s a great guy who I just happened to meet while he was a bit down on his luck, and I know that if things had happened differently with his investments, we''d have been on the road to the altar by now. I am just so happy to finally see this coming for us.
1.gif
By the end of next year! Yay!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh equestrinne, I'm so happy to hear this! I've followed your story for a long time now and I really love the place that you're at now and that you are moving toward being married to your SO!

BTW, any ring ideas you might like to *share*?!?
31.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 9:27:22 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Oh equestrinne, I''m so happy to hear this! I''ve followed your story for a long time now and I really love the place that you''re at now and that you are moving toward being married to your SO!

31.gif

Thanks, DeeJay! What a nice comment!

He''s got that bling book I made him last winter to use for inspiration, so I think he''s all set.
27.gif
Right now, I''m really loving the WF Harmony or the WF Legato. It''s all about the swoopy head.
30.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Oh equestrinne, I''m so happy to hear this! I''ve followed your story for a long time now and I really love the place that you''re at now and that you are moving toward being married to your SO!

31.gif
Just a big fat flippin'' ditto. Equ, you are one of my favorite posters and I am just thrilled for you, my friend! You ooze sweetness, kindness, and light!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
woo hooo!!!! so exciting. I''m happy for you too!

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so excited for you!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
What wonderful news, sweetie! I am so happy it''s all really starting to happen for you!
36.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 10:19:17 PM
Author: KimberlyH

31.gif
Just a big fat flippin'' ditto. Equ, you are one of my favorite posters and I am just thrilled for you, my friend! You ooze sweetness, kindness, and light!
Awww...
4.gif
((((Hugs)))) to you, KimH. You''re awesome.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, ILA, gladyskristen, and gwen!

Seriously, I''d elope to Vegas and have Elvis marry me or hit up a county courthouse and follow up with a BBQ reception if it meant I could be this man''s wife today. Knowing that he wants to take the time to do all of this the "right" way since we already live together is so endearing, though. I''ve already started saving!

Here''s a shot of us from yesterday taking a fall hike at the local metropark. You can see how I am still grinning ear to ear. I''ve got timeline-face.
25.gif

n21723128_38263159_9438.jpg

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Timeline-face! Love it. I''m so happy for you :)

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh that is such wonderful news!!!
36.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
YAY! So excited for you!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m absolutely thrilled for you!! You deserve it!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Yay, Equestrienne!! This is great!!

I just have to say that I think it''s fantastic that he is focused on being debt-free first and that you are completely supportive of this--you guys truly sound like a wonderful couple. It sounds like he is very eager to propose and I think that''s so cute...yay for both of you!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 10:19:17 PM
Author: KimberlyH

31.gif

Same from me and just wanted to say hi! I''m so glad you''re happy!!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Thanks, misskitty, Dreamgirl, dragonfly, bee*, NEL, and dixie! You ladies make a fabulous cheering section.
2.gif

Dixie - How the heck are you? I''ve thought about you quite a bit and sent some good energy your way.
1.gif

NEL - I INSISTED that the debt disappears before the bling shows up. Stability in personal finances is a must-have for me, and my sweetie knows that. This money was borrowed from his mom, and I don''t see him doing that again. It''s too hard to borrow money from close relatives. I don''t think she would appreciate him spending a huge chunk of change on an engagement ring when he still owes her, either. I''ve asked him to square up with mom and then propose when he is ready to fully commit to planning and having a wedding within a year. I am not looking for a long engagement at all, I want something short and sweet (like me, LOL).

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, equestrienne! A reasonable timeline with a short engagement is pretty awesome!
36.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/13/2008 8:48:36 PM
Author: equestrienne
Wow! Thanks, misskitty, Dreamgirl, dragonfly, bee*, NEL, and dixie! You ladies make a fabulous cheering section.
2.gif

Dixie - How the heck are you? I''ve thought about you quite a bit and sent some good energy your way.
1.gif

NEL - I INSISTED that the debt disappears before the bling shows up. Stability in personal finances is a must-have for me, and my sweetie knows that. This money was borrowed from his mom, and I don''t see him doing that again. It''s too hard to borrow money from close relatives. I don''t think she would appreciate him spending a huge chunk of change on an engagement ring when he still owes her, either. I''ve asked him to square up with mom and then propose when he is ready to fully commit to planning and having a wedding within a year. I am not looking for a long engagement at all, I want something short and sweet (like me, LOL).

Hi Equestrienne,
I''m doing pretty good, thanks for asking! I''m adjusting to married life and our move. All is going pretty well. Moving away has not been the easiest thing but I''m trying to remember all the good and stay in my day-by-day approach to life. It helps! I have my ups and downs with all the changes and adjustments but overall, I''m happy and boy am I happy to be saying that! I appreciate that positive energy. You all on PS really made a difference to me during a very hard time, and I felt all that energy. Keep on sending it and I''ll send some your way too! I''m so happy for you!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Equ,

I''d been wondering how you were doing. And don''t you look so happy in this picture (and can I just add that I like what I''ve read about this relationship??!!).

Happy, happy. Good things come to those who wait.
9.gif

Now I''ll have to journey back to this place... to find out when your time comes!!! Yay!!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Fishie babe! You''re too sweet! Thanks for thinking of me. As of right now, I''ve crept up to #9 on the list and will be holding steady until next summer. FF used his credit card to pay off his mom, so the debts have been transferred there instead. Lower interest rate, and if anything happens to FF''s job and he has to file bankruptcy or something, his mom is okay with no money owed. We''re getting ready to celebrate his 30th birthday this weekend! He''s having a little trouble with that.
2.gif
I''ll keep you posted with any updates! Have a great holiday season, Fishie!

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
Yay!! That''s really exciting. The year will fly by!
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woohoo equestrienne!!! I''m so happy for you guys!! Roll on your proposal!

LeggoMyEggo

Rough_Rock
Congratulations Equestrienne! That''s great news! I think everyone here on LIW is thrilled for you :)

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Yayy equestrienne! Timelines are great, they take off so much stress b/c you''re not wondering to yourself, "will he EVER do it?" I am super excited for you and trust me, it will fly by!

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
thats great equestrienne! good for you for being so understanding and supportive of your FF and his financial situation. I''m sure your FF knows how lucky he is to have someone with those qualities in his life.
1.gif
Having a timeline definitely heightens the excitement with each passing day. congrats

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
YAY! What happy news for you! Hopefully the time flies by for you and things really pick up for your FFI and your joint financial future!

*Double dust* to you both!

~SL.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
That''s fantastic!
Congrats!
36.gif

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
i love
"i''ve got timeline-face"

LOVE IT! i totally did the same thing for weeks after finding out that e told his parents his plans for our future :)

congrats!! :)

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for all the nice posts, ladies. You guys rock!

So yesterday we celebrated my FF''s 30th birthday at his mom''s house with a TON of family members, and my parents and a few other relatives came along. I made a tray of gorgeous sugar cookies and two pies, and all my treats were practically INHALED! There was Christmas music and a Christmas carol singalong, and we sang Happy Birthday to my sweetie and gave him some gifts. I couldn''t help but smile about how great it is to have both of our families together, and about how generous and accepting my family has been with FF. He has been welcomed in so very quickly and warmly by my family, and they really seem to like him. I don''t remember them being this way with my ex. There were a few choice engagement comments made to us, of course ;-). It was just the perfect start to this Christmas season of get-togethers, and I am thrilled just thinking about spending the NEXT holiday season with a fiance and a bit of "ice" on my hand.
30.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
How lovely!! I''m sure the time will fly by. Can''t wait to see how the ring and wedding plans come together!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results