shape
carat
color
clarity

1 Yr after "WORST DAY EVER" ERING is SOLD!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock
Reminder of the options I had from my previous post......

Background:
The ring was originally 6900 for the asscher and 2200 for the setting.... 9100... 9737 total with tax

Option 1) Jeweler buys it back from me for 5000 outright

Option 2) My awesome BF and I pick a diamond from them at 7900 or more total and he takes my asscher out, gives me the setting to make a RHR out of at a later date and credits me for the ENTIRE 6900 originally spent on the stone. I would probably put a colored stone in the setting.

Option 3) They keep the ring on premises and lock it in the vault at night with everything else. I saturate the local craigslist (philly, south jersey, central jersey and delaware) with ads about the ring. They will show it to prospective buyers, verify quality of diamond setting etc... AND they are willing to finance it through the finance company they use OR let someone run a credit card there and give me the cash minus the actual processing cost of the CC or Credit application. I negotiate the price myself and get the profits ... they get nothing.

Well.... I went with option 3 and just one year after being kicked into a dresser and starting fresh the ring is sold for.... $6750. I sold it to a nice guy who is completely in love with his HS sweetheart and excited to propose. She thinks he has about $4000 to spend... and the ring is worth about $12500... so she will be surprised and knocked off her feet. I am happy this ring can be part of something so great instead of sitting in a jewelry store. I will be able to make a huge dent in the credit card debt I was left by the jerk and finally move on. I think I got a decent price.... part of me wonders if I should have held out for more but I dont think I did bad for a craiglist sale of such an expensive item.

I just want to thank everyone for their support during this last year. You have all been truly wonderful.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY DS!!!! Now we just need to get you a great new avatar to remind you of the fresh start!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! I''m so happy for you! I remember your thread well. Did it really sell exactly 1 year after your breakup/abuse? That''s uncanny. And apropos!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! I am happy for you, well remember the crap you went through. I think you got a very good price, it''s so hard selling jewelry. Sounds like it went to a good home and will be thoroughly enjoyed. Thanks for the update!!!
35.gif

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Good for you! Congratulations! I think you picked the best option for a brand new fresh start for you! That''s so great that it found a wonderful new home too. That''s great that you are able to take a a big chunk out of that debt monster he left you and get a fresh start. I am so happy to hear that. I wondered what had happened and it''s great to know that there is a happy update.
36.gif

female half 2Artists

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock
I met with the person who bought it last Thursday tey asked the 19th, but his credit card needed to clear with the jeweler and they asked me to come back on Monday the 23rd which was exactly 1 year from when I was kicked.... it was quite a victory for my future and a MUCH needed turn of events.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations on the sale and good for you for getting to pay off the credit card. Such a huge debt lifted from you. DEFINATELY time for a new avatar.. something happy and cheerful!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so happy for you!!! congrats, wonderful news!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so glad you can finally move on! No one deserves to be with someone like your ex.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
DS, I''m so very happy to hear that you''ve sold the ring! Congrats to you, and your fresh start!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s just great! I''m so happy for you!
1.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Yeah!!!! That must feel so cathartic to get rid of it and move on!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is fantastic news - congratulations!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That''s wonderful - what an incredibly symbolic way to be moving on with your life. Good for you
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock
FYI... my new avatar is my new Tattoo. 3 Days after my grandmother passed My mother, my 17y/o brother, my 17 y/o cousin, my aunt and myself all went and got a butterfly tattoos in memory of her. She called her loved ones her butterflies and her house was filled with that symobolism. It was an incredible bonding experience and awesome way to celebrate her life. It was also hilarious because I never dreamed my mom would get a tattoo. They are all completely different and unique on each person but we all know they are for the same amazing woman. It is a little distorted so here is a bigger version.

butterfly avatar.jpg

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock
When I finish restoring my deceased grandmother''s engagement ring that will be my avatar.... here is a reminder of what that looks like...

gma ring on hand for pricescope.jpg

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Thank you everyone for your sweet words of encouragement!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am sorry about your Grandma. I like the butterfly and beautiful ring!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 11:32:14 PM
Author: Skippy123
I am sorry about your Grandma. I like the butterfly and beautiful ring!
Ditto!

I love yout tattoo. It is so meaningful!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am happy you got a good price and can put it out of your head for now.

I am so sorry about your grandmother, I love the tattoo story though! What a great symbol, I happen to adore butterflies.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on selling the ring and paying down that debt!
36.gif
I''m also so glad you were able to contribute to someone else''s happiness with this sale! I love your new avatar, by the way.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
RESULT!
36.gif

And your story of how your family all got butterfly tattoos to commemorate your grandmother made me tear up a bit. That is so incredibly sweet.
1.gif

krispi

Shiny_Rock
Awesome news! I''ve been in the position of having to pay off my ex husband''s debt after he left, so I know how good it fees to be rid of it.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Such great news!!!! I''m so happy for you! And I''m so happy for the new owner who will love the surprise!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
That''s great! We''re all really pleased and happy for you!
36.gif
36.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s great news! I''m glad that you went with option 3 and got the best sale out there.

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
That is really sweet that she called her loved ones her butterflies. I love that symbolism. Now every time you see a butterfly you can think of her.
1.gif

And give yourself a huge pat on the back for coming through what you went through.
36.gif

female half 2Artists

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Horray!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results