shape
carat
color
clarity

1.93CT Marquise diamond EGL Certified good price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

thediamondguy

Rough_Rock
Was wondering if this seams like a good price. 1.93CT Marquise shaped diamond, EGL certified SI3 G Eye clean, nice sparkle def. has some life to it, for around $7000

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there a copy of the EGL lab report available ?
34.gif

thediamondguy

Rough_Rock
Im going to have it faxed to me

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
what ever happened with that 20+ carat stone you were asking about?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, the price seems in line with 2 carat, F/G-SI3 stats and top three AGA cut grades (if you consider those).

So these seem to be plenty of alternatives. SI3 doesn't *sound* that clean to me - "eye clean" depends on who'se eyes of course, but this grade does not promise eye clean diamonds by default and rarely delivers, as far as I know. These stones may be reasonably clean, but some inclusion would probably show easily without magnification... unless you hit some jackpot
2.gif

thediamondguy

Rough_Rock
That Emerald cut 22.95 Carat was not certified and something just seemed off to me, I did not purchase it. You think maybe I can do better and than around $7,000 for an EGL 1.93CT G-SI3 Marquise and should check out some more jewelry stores?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s always a good idea to comparison shop.....no matter what you are buying.

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
The price sounds about right to me but SI3 will not be eye-clean, as someone else mentioned. There may be some barely visible inclusions, but you should be able to see them if you look closely.

I just recently purchased a 2.19 carat, F, I1 marquise. I have 2 visible inclusions, one of which could be hidden by a prong and the other is only visible if I stare at the diamond directly where I know the inclusion is located. Otherwise, just by looking at it like someone would be if admiring the ring, it wouldn''t be seen.

Your price is in line with what I paid for my diamond. Mine was just a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results