shape
carat
color
clarity

1.7 carat flawless round!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

momof3

Rough_Rock
My friend just received a 1.7 carat round IF diamond! This was handed down to her from her soon to be MIL...

Now the question is - what is the perfect setting? I''m suggesting something simple, since it''s such a stunning diamond...

What would YOU pick if you had this rock? My friend tends toward the antique-ish embellishments...if that helps.

We''re collecting pictures to bring to her jeweler. She''s about a size 8 finger if that makes a difference on what setting might look best.

Thanks in advance!

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
*swoon*

I know what I''ll be daydreaming about this afternoon.....

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d go with a simple 4 or 6 prong solitaire in platinum.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
If she likes antique type settings that is what I would suggest. I love Tacori settings (obviously), Kirk Kara, Bev K...just to name a few. I would browse Pearlman''s site to get some ideas. She can pick something that is delicate that will STILL allow her perfect stone to be the star. Maybe since they are saving money on the stone they can splurge on a leon setting
18.gif

momof3

Rough_Rock
I''ll definitely show her the pearlman''s site...but i think sir leon is out of her range! or else that would be the first call we''d be making!

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Three words: Mark Morrell Sunburst

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Oh. My. Goodness.

I''d stick with something really simple, just to highlight what a fantastic stone that is.

I really can''t stop drooling. Can you convince her to join the board and post pictures???

momof3

Rough_Rock
She got so nervous about carrying it around that she gave it back to MIL until they set it!

It was a beaut though!

but we''ll definitely post once it''s set...

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
I think I read something once - when a flawless diamond is set, then it is called "internally flawless". Is this correct?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I''d definitely go with a solitaire setting so the focus is all on the gorgeous IF diamond!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2007 1:11:13 PM
Author:momof3
My friend tends toward the antique-ish embellishments...if that helps.

Doesn't sound like she wants a solitare.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about a solitaire that is engraved or very slightly embellished (i.e, thin shank with some subtle engraving and diamonds?) I''m thinking Fay Cullen style...but very subtle so as not to take away from such a fabulous center stone?

momof3

Rough_Rock
i think she''ll lean towards some sort of embellishment...but i will show her the plain ones too. I definitely think she shouldn''t distract from the rock!

but it''s her choice of course and she should get exactly what she wants!
emrainbow.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to say, there is nothing so classic as a Tiffany repro setting with a diamond eternity band.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results