shape
carat
color
clarity

1.5mm emerald cut band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

95viper

Rough_Rock
Mark Morrell is designing my wife''s ring. It would be helpful if no one contacted him for 6 weeks so he could focus on it and possibly have it done by Christmas. Just kidding, not about Mark but about contacting him.

Anyway, it is a 2.61 pear from WF. He is designing a traditional 3 stone ring like the cushion diamond one on his website. Tapered side stones. The width of the ring will be a little over 2mm.

I have been kicking around many ideas for a band. My first thought was to make one matching the ring but it might look too wide overall. That might still work though. Another thought is an eternity band but I only like round diamond eternity bands with shared prongs because you only see diamonds. I plan on having them soldered together so won''t go all the way around. I dislike channel sets or anything that shows metal. I know, some is required, but as little as possible.

What about small emerald diamonds in shared prongs or somthing like that? The look of the round shared prong eternity band but with a square look matching the tapered baguettes on the ring? Anyone make it? 1.5mm wide?

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2007 1:11:50 PM
Author:95viper
Mark Morrell is designing my wife''s ring. It would be helpful if no one contacted him for 6 weeks so he could focus on it and possibly have it done by Christmas.
BWAH! That''s quite good...!
9.gif

Okay, so we know what YOU like, but we dont seem to know what SHE likes. I think you should ask her what she wants - everything from soldering the rings together (I''d be very unhappy if someone did that to my rings without asking me), to which types of wbands she''d prefer. Also, I think you should present her with the ring first, then shop WITH her to try on different styles to see which she prefers and which looks best with her new ring.

95viper

Rough_Rock
Valid point but I only typed this after she and I agreed to it. We both like exactly the same thing. Ultimately it is probably going to be Mark coming up with something that we will like it but she is one week into it and dying to get it. This is going to be a long 6-8 weeks. I just thought to continue researching options so we know what input to provide Mark when decision time comes.

I also thought about just getting the ring and shop around for band ideas but there is no way that she is going to ship that back to him to have the band matched. Not going to happen. She won''t take it off. This is my only chance. She likes the soldering idea too so we don''t have prongs scratching the ring and everything out of alignment. Just a tiny little solder on the inside. Nothing crazy that can''t be removed in a second.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2007 1:11:50 PM
Author:95viper
Mark Morrell is designing my wife''s ring. It would be helpful if no one contacted him for 6 weeks so he could focus on it and possibly have it done by Christmas. Just kidding, not about Mark but about contacting him.

Anyway, it is a 2.61 pear from WF. He is designing a traditional 3 stone ring like the cushion diamond one on his website. Tapered side stones. The width of the ring will be a little over 2mm.

I have been kicking around many ideas for a band. My first thought was to make one matching the ring but it might look too wide overall. That might still work though. Another thought is an eternity band but I only like round diamond eternity bands with shared prongs because you only see diamonds. I plan on having them soldered together so won''t go all the way around. I dislike channel sets or anything that shows metal. I know, some is required, but as little as possible.

What about small emerald diamonds in shared prongs or somthing like that? The look of the round shared prong eternity band but with a square look matching the tapered baguettes on the ring? Anyone make it? 1.5mm wide?

9.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would try to match the width of the engagement ring, and not go smaller. My eternity band is 1.5mm and is so delicate I worry that I might someday bend it. Just a thought.

ETA: look at Facets for eternity band ideas and see what is possible for widths. I think they also do custom eternity bands.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results