shape
carat
color
clarity

1.2ct Danhov Petal-prong Solitaire in Platinum!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this may be my new favorite ring! The setting is so pretty, and the stone is gorgeous!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I came back to see your pictures, love that setting :love: You picked a gorgeous diamond as well! Beautiful ring :appl:

alpackie

Shiny_Rock
So it's been a few weeks wearing the e-ring now, and my worries about it being loose are all gone! The jeweler was right to size it as she did, my fingers are the type to fluctuate in size--with something as simple as sodium intake! Also, I ordered the wedding band in a half size smaller, as the hand-forged band would be a cinch to resize in the future (vs. the difficulty of sizing a cast e-ring).

When it isn't on my finger, it's on this handy ring-holder necklace! Love the platinum and rose gold combination :love:

dsc05327.jpg

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is just gorgeous. It is delicate, simple, feminine and so stunning :love: Love it!!

syrahs

Rough_Rock
What a lovely ring!!!! :appl: :appl:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is one gorgeous setting, & an equally beautiful diamond, congrats!! :love: :love: :love:

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Can I tell you how much I love your ring? It's my pick for the "opposite of your ering that you would wear" thread in Hangouts. Simply gorgeous.

Vampira

Rough_Rock
alpackie|1418364161|3799914 said:
When it isn't on my finger, it's on this handy ring-holder necklace! Love the platinum and rose gold combination :love:

dsc05327.jpg

Oh my, where did you get that necklace? It's so cute and clever!

And your ring is T D F :love:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I love your setting! Congrats, your ring is gorgeous!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
That setting is truly stunning! What a gorgeous ring!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I love the petal prongs!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Love the profile. Very classic and looks substantial on your hand!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
So pretty and delicate.

alpackie

Shiny_Rock
lioness|1418626165|3801324 said:
Can I tell you how much I love your ring? It's my pick for the "opposite of your ering that you would wear" thread in Hangouts. Simply gorgeous.
You are too kind!! By the way your ruby e-ring is stunning! I love the symbolism :love:

Vampira said:
Oh my, where did you get that necklace? It's so cute and clever!

And your ring is T D F :love:
Thank you! I have a separate thread about the ring holder necklace that you might be interested in: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/emily-c-ring-holding-necklaces-overpriced.206983/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/emily-c-ring-holding-necklaces-overpriced.206983/[/URL]

owlette22

Rough_Rock
Hi! I know it's been a while since you've posted about this ring, but can I ask you how the setting has held up over time? Have you had any trouble with the more delicate prongs? My boyfriend and I are considering the same setting (keeping it 8 prongs) but are a bit wary of how delicate it looks. Any advise/updates would be greatly appreciated!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
I love this setting! It's one of (if not the) my favorites of the Danhov settings. Gorgeous!!!

alpackie

Shiny_Rock
owlette22|1427825813|3855151 said:
Hi! I know it's been a while since you've posted about this ring, but can I ask you how the setting has held up over time? Have you had any trouble with the more delicate prongs? My boyfriend and I are considering the same setting (keeping it 8 prongs) but are a bit wary of how delicate it looks. Any advise/updates would be greatly appreciated!
Hi there! I haven't had any issues with durability, but we got it in platinum so I can't speak for the 14k or 18k white gold versions. I also leave the ring at home or wear it on a ring holder necklaces to be extra safe.
-outdoor activities (hiking, kayaking, etc)
-washing dishes
-messy cooking endeavors (marinating meat, kneading bread, etc)
I'm also a bit paranoid about the girdle of the diamond chipping since it's exposed (didn't like the look of a bezel set ring, so didn't go that route). So I'm probably more conservative than most people with their e-rings. Hope that helps!

owlette22

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for getting back to me!

Like you, I am a little nervous about how exposed the diamond is in this setting, so thank you! I'm also using an heirloom diamond, so I'd hate the be the person, who, after the diamond has been around for 80+ years, chips it! (Hence my paranoia). I don't do too many outdoor activities, but I do work out at the gym multiple times a week, so was already planning on getting a ring holder necklace for that purpose.

It's also likely that my ring will be set in 14K gold, so it will be softer than the platinum setting. I've been waffling a bit, so I'm not sure if this is the setting I am going to end up with. Either way, thank you so much for the update!

alpackie

Shiny_Rock
owlette22|1428518326|3858740 said:
Thank you so much for getting back to me!

Like you, I am a little nervous about how exposed the diamond is in this setting, so thank you! I'm also using an heirloom diamond, so I'd hate the be the person, who, after the diamond has been around for 80+ years, chips it! (Hence my paranoia). I don't do too many outdoor activities, but I do work out at the gym multiple times a week, so was already planning on getting a ring holder necklace for that purpose.

It's also likely that my ring will be set in 14K gold, so it will be softer than the platinum setting. I've been waffling a bit, so I'm not sure if this is the setting I am going to end up with. Either way, thank you so much for the update!
I saw this today on David Klass' Facebook feed and thought of you! It's a halo with a floral-inspired gallery! It offers the protection of a bezel setting, but the delicate qualities of the floral accents. I think I've seem similar settings floating around PS somewhere, I'll have to try and dig them up.
10653540_806458869436919_9130586479286410345_n.jpg

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is very lovely.

Emie

Rough_Rock
Hi alpacie,

This ring is completely beautiful! It's very similar to the Danhov model I'm looking to get (they have another one with a narrower band). I'm wondering- have you had any issues with the prongs catching on things? I see they're elevated a bit above the stone...

Em

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results