shape
carat
color
clarity

1.16RB Your input please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

thirston

Rough_Rock
1st off, I have a post further down about the ring I''m trying to create. Essentially a Tiffany and CO. inspired round with pear side accents for an e-ring. This is the stone I am considering so I''d love your take on it and I would like to know what size accents you would use with it. It will be similar to Kaleighs ring from her avatar only with claw prongs and slightly smaller stones.

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-1105210.htm#

With the 1.16ct center RB would I be wise to find two accent pears in the .3ct size for about a .6ctw? I''m looking for a nice look to make the center stone the focal point but without the sides being too small. I''ve heard that a 1:2 ratio is good for settings with emeralds and rounds, would the same apply to this?

What do you all think of the stone itself? The only thing to not quite make it to EX is the Spread with a rating of VG. What exactly is spread? Is it just that the stone will look small for it''s weight? The diameter is too skinny?

Any recommendations on similar stones from WF?

Thanks again,
-Thirston

mrmedoes

Shiny_Rock
What exactly is spread? Is it just that the stone will look small for it''s weight? The diameter is too skinny?
Spread is just a nice way of saying "how big does it look?" In most cases, very good is still above and beyond. It means that generally speaking (and it is a generalization to some extent) it doesn''t have hidden weight (or very little) in it. If you take a look at most stones you can find through the search function, you''ll see that you''re talking into the tenths to hundreths of millimeters in terms of the top diameters.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thirston,
I think .30 sides would be great for a 1.16 center stone. It will make the center stone pop so to speak. If you do a search with my name you can see all the pics of my ring. I can''t post pics worth a darn but that''s my best advice. Good luck, it''s a classic design and I am in love with it more and more each day. The thread is called, This one is for you belle. HTH.
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
the Whiteflash stone you posted looks nice but I personally would drop the clarity down a bit and try to find and eye-clean SI1 or SI2 and either save some $$ or put the extra toward a bigger stone.
here''s one I would ask about: link

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results