shape
carat
color
clarity

0.8GVS2 - Both looks the same to me, help! :)

sjgu

Rough_Rock
Dear friends,

I have attached the certificates of 2 similar diamonds (0.8, G, VS2). Please assist to identify which is a better diamond? :) In addition, what should be a reasonable price for the diamond?

Thanks and appreciate your kind assistance! :) Cheers!

Attachments

• 2136115246 0.80 G VS2 Ideal Cut Triple Ex.pdf
    313.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 5136254532.pdf
    311.4 KB · Views: 36

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
We aren't going to be able to give you much information based on the reports alone. Do you have magnified images of the stones? Idealscope? Aset?

sjgu

Rough_Rock
Hi Christina,

Thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures of the diamonds (ASET, Ideal, etc.). Any initial thoughts just based on the certification alone? Thanks!! :)

sjgu

Rough_Rock
Anybody else has an idea on the stones? Which is better? Just based on the cert...initial thoughts? Thanks!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
You could run the numbers through the HCA, it's located under the tools tab above. HCA is only a rejection tool not a selection tool though. You should look for stones that score under 2 and reject stones that score over 2. However, if you don't have access to idealscope or aset images than this will not ensure that you are purchasing a beautiful diamond. HCA only considers 4 of the 8 proportions of a stone.

My strongest recommendation is to only use vendors that can supply you with all the information you need to make an informed decision. You could ask that the stone be sent to an independent appraiser for evaluation before completing your purchase as well. You can find a recommended appraiser above under the resources tab.

If this is a Blue Nile stone you could contact ID jewelers and ask them to bring the stone in for you to be evaluated. They will only need the report number. They can provide the needed images for you and will beat the blue nile price.

sorry can't help more based on just the report.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both could work based on the numbers but there is some uncertainty due to the averaging and rounding of numbers by GIA.

Safer bet would be the GIA 5136254532 stone.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stone-cold11|1339672773|3215950 said:
Both could work based on the numbers but there is some uncertainty due to the averaging and rounding of numbers by GIA.

Safer bet would be the GIA 5136254532 stone.

Stone...where have you been?! We have missed you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results