shape
carat
color
clarity

<0.7 ct European Cut Diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,

I have read the previous posts about european cut diamonds but they all seem to refer to stones larger than 1 ct. The budget for my ring is limited but I just love OEC diamonds. Are there smaller OEC diamonds available? (like under 0.7 ct?) I plan on calling single stone in LA (I live in Los Angeles) but wanted to get a feel for what to expect. Are there reputable places on line to buy loose smaller OEC diamonds?

I have seen a few loose diamonds OEC on sale on ebay (not that I plan on buying them - eegads) but those are pretty large still. Plus they don''t list the specs so I can''t really tell if they are a good price or not. The smaller OEC diamonds I see are in antique or antique reprod. jewelry. Does it make sense to buy a ring with the stone I want in it and just remove the stone to put it in my own setting? I''m cringing at the thought of removing an antique stone from an antique setting.

Hope everything I wrote is clear :razz:

Thanks
9.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Single Stone is a great place to go. I was just in there last weekend (my sister''s having them do a ring) and they have not only a nice selection of stones but the owner does really know his stuff.

I''d also email Oldminer (Dave Atlas) whose company specializes in wholeselling older stones. He can probably give you a few jewelers to contact as well.

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
I second Single Stone!

We got my OEC there. He had SUCH a gorgeous selection.

I plan to go back to them in the future for antiques.

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi KittenKat!

Do you have to make an appointment when you go there?
Are the prices pretty fair?
I found a handful of smaller euro. cut diamonds on Dirt Cheap Diamonds.com. I think my bf is going to Single Stone to have the ring custom made so would you recommend buying the diamond there as well? Thanks so much for all your help :)

I saw your ring on the "SMTR" board - it's gorgeous! I agree that I love the blue fluorescence!

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
KittenKat,

I just HAVE to mention that when I was considering OECs vs. RBs, I saw your ring pictures posted in SMTR...and wowza! Your OEC has such amazing fire and that really put me over the edge to want an OEC over other styles.

Thanks
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results