shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on Diamond - 1.36ct

mcturtle555

Rough_Rock
Thank you to the wealth of knowledge on this forum. I started with the basic 4C's, but quickly went down the rabbit hole on cut, table size, depth, & more.

I actually switched from an initial diamond I ordered to the diamond below, based on the HCA tool and other tools showing the overlay between AGS Ideal and GIA Excellent.

Would love everyone's opinion on the stone I switched to, as it isn't too late to change it out, though I think I found a good one!

• Weight: 1.36​
  • Color: G​
  • Clarity: VVS2​
  • Cut/Polish/Symmetry: Excellent/Excellent/Excellent​
  • Table: 57%​
  • Depth: 62.2%​
  • Pav Angle: 40.5%​
  • Pav. Depth: 42.5%​
  • Crown Angle: 35.9%​
  • Crown Height: 15.5%​
  • Lower Half Pct: 78%​
  • Star Length: 49%​
  • Girdle: 4% (Medium to Slightly Think)​
  • Cutlet: Pointed​
  • HCA score: 0.9​
  • Stone Algo score: 9.2​

Thank you! First (and hopefully last) time proposing.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This isn't one I'd recommend. Can you share your budget and preferred color/clarity?

mcturtle555

Rough_Rock
Diamond budget: $7500

Color: H or better

Clarity: VS1 or better

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
I think @lovedogs is referring to the pavilion twist. Plus, I circled on thing in green around 9-10 o’clock that stays persistently dark with roatation. Don’t know what’s going on there.

Also the 1.39 quickly goes dark under the table. The 1.28 and 1.30 stay much brighter under the table with slight rotation.

IMG_8232.jpeg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually 57table + 36/ 40.6 and 80 lowers scores 100 light and 100 contrast on the new IGI cut guideline charts

Actually… lol.. Those number tell only part of the story. There is more to great cut that this, mostly concerning the precision of the cutting. In the olden days on PS we recommended people get ideal scope imagining to catch these issues. That doesn’t seem to be common practice anymore with large drop shippers with changing business models. But if you are well practiced in looking at the images vendors provide of their diamonds, you can learn to spot the signs of poor cut. That is what we are seeing that is making us say that is a not an ideally cut diamond.

freddyboston

Rough_Rock
I was only looking at Strong Blues. Given the times, it's a simple indicator of Origin and has the bonus of trading at a discount.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was only looking at Strong Blues. Given the times, it's a simple indicator of Origin and has the bonus of trading at a discount.

What? That has nothing to do with cut

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock

At PS, Cut is King. So all our comments will be cut-centric. We want people to find diamonds that reflect light back to the owner in a meaningful way.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results