shape
carat
color
clarity

Metal choice for fancy light pinkish brown?

Metal choice for fancy light pinkish brown?

• Rose gold

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • Yellow gold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Platinum

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Found a fancy light pinkish brown diamond with color that I’m really happy with. Planning to set it in a ring with a blue or yellow stone. The fancy light pinkish brown is the lightest of the bunch so I’m wondering which metal would help highlight/preserve the color best. Thanks in advance for your vote/opinion!

In person it looks mostly baby pink like the lighter reflective facets in the vendor video.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Rose gold! IMHO yellow might bring out the brown.

I had a P7 and it was barely pink in platinum. Looked good in rose gold. I regret losing it so much!

My Etsy rustic pinks also look good in rose gold.
IMG_9719.jpeg IMG_3282.jpeg

Here is a lab grown rose cut pink with a rose gold bezel and white gold band.
IMG_2589.jpeg

My dark brown pink looks good in 18k yellow gold but that is probably because it is so saturated, and also has some purple to my eyes.
IMG_1146.jpeg

My lab-grown mrb pink holds up in white gold but the diamond is super saturated.
IMG_8159.jpeg

Hope that helps!

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all! This will most likely go in a 3 stone ring with a natural GIA fancy yellow and a lab IGI fancy vivid blue. The blue helps bring out both yellow and pink colors. Got a hold of some white and rose gold colored metal and managed to take some shots pretty accurate for color. Does this change your vote/opinion?

IMG_2838.jpeg
IMG_2837.jpeg
IMG_2836.jpeg
IMG_2835.jpeg

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
For fans of fluorescence, the fancy yellow has strong yellow fluorescence according to GIA, but looks green in person. The fluorescence is strong enough to make the fancy yellow look green in stronger sunlight and LED spotlighting. The fancy light pinkish brown has strong blue fluorescence strong enough to make it look white in stronger sunlight and LED spotlighting. Both have internal graining that in combination with strong fluorescence make them go milky in stronger sunlight and LED spotlighting.

1/4 Diffused sunlight indoors
2/4 Indirect sunlight in car
3/4 Direct sunlight in car
4/4 LED spotlighting

Last edited:
I’d match basket colour to stone colour and do 3 individual baskets on a plat/WG shank. So RG basket for this stone, WG/plat basket for the blue, and YG basket for the yellow. The pink is less saturated than the yellow, so you definitely need to help it along so it can hold its own. I wonder if you could design the ring in a way that just the pink on the right side is cupped?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results