shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
so i brought something from Singapore but it has to go via Chicago to get to NZ ????
1714808175977.png
i know that plenty of planes fly this route

1714808568281.png

1714808290632.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two of our feral cats are missing and I fear something bad has happened. Fresca has not been seen for three days and Pepsi is not greeting me in the mornings when I put wet food out so I fear she is in trouble too...Pepsi always greets me on the stoop when I open the door to feed them in the early mornings. We saw Pepsi on the security camera the other night but not in person for over a day...I have not seen Fresca for three days and Pepsi for over 24 hours. Neither were seen on the security cameras overnight :(

Please if you can think good thoughts for both Fresca and Pepsi. They are such sweet girls.

Pepsi is on the left and Fresca is on the right
Screen Shot 2024-05-08 at 6.59.00 AM.png

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pepsi is on the left and Fresca is on the right

Are they spayed? If not, it's kitten season. Even if they are, perhaps they're being good aunties to others' babies? Fingers crossed they turn up soon.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are they spayed? If not, it's kitten season. Even if they are, perhaps they're being good aunties to others' babies? Fingers crossed they turn up soon.

Thanks Matata. They are both spayed. I called animal control and the person I spoke with took their description but said they don’t have any cats fitting their description. He also said they don't pick up cats who have been TNRd.

I have a bad feeling about this. I know there’s risks being an outdoor cat and I also know we’ve done everything we could but it’s not enough. I’m heartbroken. I just have such a sense of foreboding about poor Pepsi and Fresca. :(

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Matata. They are both spayed. I called animal control and the person I spoke with took their description but said they don’t have any cats fitting their description. He also said they don't pick up cats who have been TNRd.

I have a bad feeling about this. I know there’s risks being an outdoor cat and I also know we’ve done everything we could but it’s not enough. I’m heartbroken. I just have such a sense of foreboding about poor Pepsi and Fresca. :(

So sorry, Missy. I've seen your set-up for the strays/ferals and it's really amazing. You've done so much more than most people ever would.

I had a cat years ago who was used to being outside. In my case, he was a stray, who I got fixed and tried to keep inside, but he would sneak out every chance he got.

He disappeared for nearly a week once, then came strutting back home, like "What's everybody staring at?" I wondered if he just found a neighbor with food he liked better or something. Sending good wishes for the same for your two.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i'll tell you what i love baout When pearls, she she sends them, when they leave China they end up in NZ that day ! Ok so NZ customs then open the package and delay delivery a day
but i have my carnalian beads have 'everdently' been delivered to my house already ???
we have this one slack-ar*s delivery driver who signs for packages and delivers them late the next day
well budy my letterbox is empty and our glass front door opens into our lounge so i know they were not left here yesterday
i am trying not to panic because this has happened a few times before but its no annoying -and also untruthful, i have let the vendor know but what can someone in India do when the problem is literly in my own neighbourhod
anyway i see another package im expecting is out for delivery so im hoping they arrive together
neither are expensive, but im looking forward to them arriving bacause .......

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
.....i need something to brighten my day because this years rates demand (council property tax) arrived and it has gone up more than 20% on last year
i mean it seems like every city/town council in he world has been deffering maintinance on infrustructure for at least 40 years
but 20% all at once is huge -its basically my entire bling budget and them some
i have scared the other ladies at work because i got my council letter first and i live in the 'worser' neighbourhod

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
so it is well after 6pm, the news is on, the spuds are roasting and its cold and dark and no carnelian in my letter box, well my 2nd delivery arrived mid afternoon but not the first missing one
and now we might get blackouts tomorrow morning because we have stepped back into the 1970's with our power supply and there is no way IMHO that average Aucklander's care enough , as they bask in their 15 degrees C will they conserve power so the rest of us dont freeze tomorrow morning

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
UPDATE: FRESCA is A OK!!!!! THANK YOU to everyone who cared!!!!!

OMG!!!! FRESCA is OK!!!!! Just saw her!!!!!!! And Pepsi!!! And Dr Pepper!!!!! YAY!!!!! It's raining but I kept putting out more wet food as it was disappearing fast and they all showed up!!!!!

Thank you everyone who sent good thoughts for them and for your support. I cannot thank you enough. You all helped bring her to safety!!! XOXO

From the quick video I took. It all happened so fast

Screen Shot 2024-05-10 at 9.44.42 AM.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
so yesterday etsy told me two deliveries had been delivered ....i saw the amail after work and by then it was mid saturday afternoon and nothing was here
they were on my door step this morning - its sunday so the courier driver i think lives local and is lazy and goes home before his work is finished
not even the post office work sundays anymore
still no sign of my missing delivery though from mid weedk and no contact from the post office after conformation email

empliau

Shiny_Rock
Having a rough series of days. I finally got Covid, but it feels more like Covid got me. It's really miserable, like a bad cold/flu. I'm on day 5.

And it's Mother's Day in the US, and my family has never made a big deal of it, but in isolation obviously there won't be anything at all. Can I get a poor baby?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having a rough series of days. I finally got Covid, but it feels more like Covid got me. It's really miserable, like a bad cold/flu. I'm on day 5.

And it's Mother's Day in the US, and my family has never made a big deal of it, but in isolation obviously there won't be anything at all. Can I get a poor baby?

Sending you big hugs and well wishes for a brighter tomorrow and a very happy Mother’s Day ♥️

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well, that stinks @empliau ! Certainly, someone can run out and get you some flowers and/or a nice cake to cheer you up.

If it's any consolation, we'll be having carry-out pizza (good pizza) and Greek salad. I can't stand to go out on these types of holidays.
Just too busy and rushed. I'd rather stay home and have a good carry-out meal everyone enjoys.

I hope you feel better soon. Took me about 3 weeks to get over covid totally but I did start to feel some relief after the 5th day.
My whole family had it at the same time. Took DH about 4 weeks to get over, DS 3 weeks, and DD 1 week.

Hang in there and Happy Mother's Day!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course you can get a poor baby @empliau. Everything feels worse about things when we are sick. Isolating while having Covid isn’t fun for anyone so you throw that in while not feeling good and of course you are going to feel down. I hope you begin to feel better today. If you are feeling hungry can you order your favorite takeout for dinner? Happy Mother’s Day. Hugs, Callie.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

And a big squeezy giphy (15).gif

empliau

Shiny_Rock
You are all the best!
Sending you big hugs and well wishes for a brighter tomorrow and a very happy Mother’s Day ♥️

Thank you so much - hanging on tight to the hope!

Well, that stinks @empliau ! Certainly, someone can run out and get you some flowers and/or a nice cake to cheer you up.

If it's any consolation, we'll be having carry-out pizza (good pizza) and Greek salad. I can't stand to go out on these types of holidays.
Just too busy and rushed. I'd rather stay home and have a good carry-out meal everyone enjoys.

I hope you feel better soon. Took me about 3 weeks to get over covid totally but I did start to feel some relief after the 5th day.
My whole family had it at the same time. Took DH about 4 weeks to get over, DS 3 weeks, and DD 1 week.

Hang in there and Happy Mother's Day!

Thanks! My husband surprised me with one of our favorite dinners - true, I ate it in isolation and couldn't really finish - I can still taste and smell, thankfully, but haven't much appetite. I hope your pizza and Greek salad rock!
Of course you can get a poor baby @empliau. Everything feels worse about things when we are sick. Isolating while having Covid isn’t fun for anyone so you throw that in while not feeling good and of course you are going to feel down. I hope you begin to feel better today. If you are feeling hungry can you order your favorite takeout for dinner? Happy Mother’s Day. Hugs, Callie.

Thanks so much - it's nice to get sympathy that I'm not just being a baby. Of course I may be, but with cause, right? And today I am coughing less, so maybe there is an end in sight!

+ a billion

Thanks! I wouldn't want anyone one to see my sniffly, red-nosed, tired, miserable self, but it helps so much to *feel* seen.

And a big squeezy giphy (15).gif

My Mother's Day card! Thanks for it - it's beautiful. I did get a text from my daughter, but she's not the card type.

Ginormous thanks for making today better!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cliffhanger feeling of an unfinished story
When a thread disappears
:confused:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results