shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Diamond Photo

togal

Shiny_Rock
I'm hoping that some of you can help me to decipher the photo of the lab diamond that I've chosen (but hasn't been shipped yet).

It scores a .07 on HCA, and 8.5 on StoneAlgo. My main concern is that the photo doesn't show any colors (fire). Could it be the angle of the diamond when it's photographed (propped straight- up vs. lying on the girdle with differing lighting)? For me, it's challenging to decipher photographs accurately. I do notice that photos of diamonds with similar specs show more color. I'm wondering if there are any major red flags based on the photo, not only in terms of color but overall symmetry, etc. (photo and specs attached).

Link to video: https://agensolution.in/admin/upload/webdiamonds/TA83-86A/TA83-86A.html

Attachments

• Screenshot (5911).png
    Screenshot (5911).png
    485.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot (5839).png
    Screenshot (5839).png
    150.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

TXwidow

Shiny_Rock
when you say 'color' most of us are thinking F, G, H, J, etc. you are asking about FIRE and that is what you need to be asking about. In addition, this really should be in the "lab" or MMD forum, not the earth mined forum.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks to be a black and white photo. Without appropriate lighting, you will not see fire.

We can ask the mods to move this to the lab grown forum for you. If you decide against this diamond, other members there can help you find another stone.

togal

Shiny_Rock
when you say 'color' most of us are thinking F, G, H, J, etc. you are asking about FIRE and that is what you need to be asking about. In addition, this really should be in the "lab" or MMD forum, not the earth mined forum.

I put the word 'fire' in brackets beside the word 'color', so I did indicate that that's what I was referring to. I'm aware that the color of the stone in question is graded as an 'F'. I'm wondering why the photo doesn't depict any display of colors and looks basically black/white with varying shades of grey -- the same as the video of the stone, the link of which I posted. Most stones that I've viewed online by the same vendor, for potential purchase, show myriad color (actual colors of the rainbow) in both still photos and in videos. My original post explains what I mean, which I'm sure others understand. Beyond color, I'm also asking about any red-flags in terms of the cut itself, as depicted through the photos.

I don't know how to move this post to the earth mined forum, but hoping that someone can assist me with my question. I'm asking about cut/scintillation/fire, as can be gleaned/deciphered/depicted, to whatever extent, via the loupe photo and video.

Hoping PS Admin can move this thread to the correct forum.

Last edited:

togal

Shiny_Rock
It looks to be a black and white photo. Without appropriate lighting, you will not see fire.

We can ask the mods to move this to the lab grown forum for you. If you decide against this diamond, other members there can help you find another stone.

That's likely the reason for the 'shades of grey' diamond depiction. Hoping that's the case.

togal

Shiny_Rock
I would delete this post if I could, but not sure how. Evidently, I posted in the wrong forum. "Report Concern" has been notified...but here it remains.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results