shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
You have a new fan.
So, my kid happened to see your new ring yesterday(because I admit to stalking it, just a bit:lol:) Normally she takes little interest, but she has made plain that a ring in this style is the first piece of real jewelry I am to buy for her as a future college grad gift. She also said, "I'll gladly take that one, if she's willing."

*that's five years from now, just saying...

Message me again when she's closer to graduating! Maybe I'll want an upgrade! :lol: But she should get one in her college colors -- how fun would that be?

I'm so glad this ring is PS-approved. Like I said before, it was my first purchase that wasn't preloved from a PS member or purchased with hand-holding. Stressful for a newbie!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Message me again when she's closer to graduating! Maybe I'll want an upgrade! :lol: But she should get one in her college colors -- how fun would that be?

I'm so glad this ring is PS-approved. Like I said before, it was my first purchase that wasn't preloved from a PS member or purchased with hand-holding. Stressful for a newbie!

Well, depending on if she stays close to home or not, it would be a choice of light/dark blue, red or black, all paired with white.
So, yoooooou're iiin trooooubleeeee:lol:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, @mrs-b, you are so kind! I just took another video at my desk for you :) This is my first time seeing single cut diamonds and they have a lot more fire in the sun than my full cut melee. The spinels are not this dark in real life but we all know that taking good photos and videos of jewelry isn't easy!

I'm so looking forward to seeing your projects in progress. The studs especially! I love the shapes you've chosen.

This is stunning. It's *exactly* the sort of ring I love. And it looks beautiful on you. Thank you for the extra video - made my evening! :appl:

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am setting this emerald in a 3-stone ring with side OECs.

Having a hard time deciding between 3.7mm and 4.5mm sides (I know, I know, not much of a difference :D ) - do you guys think one version looks more balanced/has better proportions vs the other?
IMG_6086.jpeg

3.7mm
IMG_6301.png

4.5mm
IMG_6141.png

(The final gallery design does not have swirls)

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock

Having a hard time deciding between 3.7mm and 4.5mm sides (I know, I know, not much of a difference :D ) - do you guys think one version looks more balanced/has better proportions vs the other?
IMG_6086.jpeg

3.7mm
IMG_6301.png

4.5mm
IMG_6141.png

Gut reaction is that I like the larger sides.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

IMG_6086.jpeg

3.7mm
IMG_6301.png

4.5mm
IMG_6141.png

Big

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bigger!! Love the look when all three stones have about the same dimension N-S, it is very classic to the era you are evoking.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must be the only one but I like the smaller stones...they let the center stand out! Oh well, I'm always the odd one!:lol:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_6086.jpeg

3.7mm
IMG_6301.png

4.5mm
IMG_6141.png

@Eli22 - firstly - bigger, definitely!

And secondly - where is everyone getting all these gorgeous emeralds from?

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I must be the only one but I like the smaller stones...they let the center stand out! Oh well, I'm always the odd one!:lol:

I prefer the smaller ones too. We can be the odd ones out haha

Ty & MaryJane - I was actually more drawn to the smaller sides initially!!

I am revoking both your PS :naughty:membership cards

Uhoh (hides from Dreamer_D) :lol:

@Eli22 - firstly - bigger, definitely!

And secondly - where is everyone getting all these gorgeous emeralds from?
I knew I could count on PS friends to enable…er…encourage me! ;-) I got this one from JR!

Smaller, here! ((dramatic flourishes)) Melt it down and add it to the others:lol:
tumblr_lsxyr1nLhN1qc67tzo1_250.gif
:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

CMN

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_6086.jpeg

3.7mm
IMG_6301.png

4.5mm
IMG_6141.png

I see that the emerald is proposed to be set east-west. Are you going for more of a “band” style? If so I would choose the larger diamonds.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just snapped up a fourth OEC for my anniversary five stone!

I was waffling about what sizes to go with for the band. But I kind of knew it would likely be determined by whatever the next diamond looked like that I managed to find that fit my parameters lol! Sure enough, tonight one of the great scrap sellers I follow on eBay posted a .54ct K VS2 diamond with a GIA report for a great price and it looked like a decent match for my (uncerted) suite. So I grabbed it! This means my ring will be all 5mm stones. Super nervous and excited to see if it works!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just put a lovely 2.02ct G SI1 round brilliant on hold with BN. I've wanted a mid size soli for a while now, and I have a diamond I can trade up from BN. Here's a shot of the GIA cert.
Screenshot 2024-05-18 at 10.11.45 AM.png

And here's a real life shot of its face.

Screenshot 2024-05-18 at 10.11.20 AM.png

I'd like to put it into *this* setting. @Kim N - was this yours? And, if so, are you ok with me copying? If not, I won't. (But - ooooooh, I love this setting, and always have!!)

Perfect DKJ platinum soli setting.png

@bling_dream19 - just sharing this joy with you! ::) :wavey:

Last edited:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just put a lovely 2.02ct G SI1 round brilliant on hold with BN. I've wanted a mid size soli for a while now, and I have a diamond I can trade up from BN. Here's a shot of the GIA cert.

View attachment 970964

I'd like to put it into *this* setting. @Kim N - was this yours? And, if so, are you ok with me copying? If not, I won't. (But - ooooooh, I love this setting, and always have!!)

Love the specs on this diamond. Will be such a chunky flash! What size is the one you are trading? How does value work for the BN trade?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the specs on this diamond. Will be such a chunky flash! What size is the one you are trading? How does value work for the BN trade?

Hi @Dreamer_D :wavey:

The one I'm trading up is a .96 F SI1 Astor Ideal that I bought 6 years ago. It's been in earrings but, other than that, has remained largely unset. You have to trade up by 100%+ of original purchase price, which this obviously is, and now is SUCH a great time to buy diamonds, I'm getting everything I want right now, if and as I can afford it. I bought the .96 when diamonds were quite expensive, so the trade-off is running in my favor on this; the difference overall being roughly 9k.

And thank you for your kind words on the 2.02. I'm *very* happy with those stats and think this will be a terrific ring!

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Hi @Dreamer_D :wavey:

The one I'm trading up is a .96 F SI1 Astor Ideal that I bought 6 years ago. It's been in earrings but, other than that, has remained largely unset. You have to trade up by 100%+ of original purchase price, which this obviously is, and now is SUCH a great time to buy diamonds, I'm getting everything I want right now, if and as I can afford it. I bought the .96 when diamonds were quite expensive, so the trade-off is running in my favor on this; the difference overall being roughly 9k.

And thank you for your kind words on the 2.02. I'm *very* happy with those stats and think this will be a terrific ring!

Wow, what a great trade up for the price! It'll be stunning!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

View attachment 970964

Hi mrs-b! :wavey: Yes, that was mine. I don't mind at all—your diamond is going to look beautiful in that setting! I still miss it, so please share lots of photos once it's done!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous diamond @mrs-b I'm super excited for you!!! I love that setting too. This will be a beautiful ring! And great timing on prices, that's always a good thing :kiss2:

empliau

Shiny_Rock
Since the budget for my upcoming birthday does not, alas, stretch to my Buccellati obsession, I'm thinking of these - I'm a huge lover of gingko (except the smell of the fruit). Thoughts?
Image 5-18-24 at 15.48.jpeg

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Since the budget for my upcoming birthday does not, alas, stretch to my Buccellati obsession, I'm thinking of these - I'm a huge lover of gingko (except the smell of the fruit). Thoughts?
Image 5-18-24 at 15.48.jpeg

They look pretty dainty, which may or may not be your taste! Have you tried them on? I think the engraving and the shape are both really pretty, it doesn't have that unrealistic look that some gingko jewelry does.

Here's a similar pair for comparison. I haven't purchased from this seller, I just did a quick search for gingko earrings and found these. https://www.etsy.com/listing/587554245/18k-yellow-gold-ginkgo-earring-made-in

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b I agree this is a great time to buy natural diamonds! Prices have dropped so much. I only buy on the secondary market, but even there I am seeing prices similar to nearly 12 years ago! Which is wild given inflation in that same period.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results