carat
color
clarity

Window shopping for ruby?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all,
My daughter is due in July so I'm browsing for a ruby ring/necklace. Budget under 3k ish.

Window shopping helps me forget rhe discomfort of being 31+ weeks pregnant haha.

Any enabling/looking for pretties is appreciated!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's one I really like, but would need to find a mount for it:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another option

Not entirely confident this is authentic but I like the design:

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
These are for @lovedogs baby only!

This one has a terrible setting but hear me out, it's 2 ct for less than 2k. And you can sell the gold and it has diamonds. Ask him if it's unheated. If he thinks it is, I'd get it certified by Stephen Kennedy at The Gem & Pearl Lab; he's in the UK and he's great.

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
These are for @lovedogs baby only!

This one has a terrible setting but hear me out, it's 2 ct for less than 2k. And you can sell the gold and it has diamonds. Ask him if it's unheated. If he thinks it is, I'd get it certified by Stephen Kennedy at The Gem & Pearl Lab; he's in the UK and he's great.

Link would be helpful too lol

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Link would be helpful too lol

Oooo both interesting!!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From one July baby to another and the DD who was due in July but arrived early in June was nevertheless given Ruby as a middle name (couldn’t face Pearl as her middle name ha ha).

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Oooo both interesting!!

That 2ct cabochon looks astounding! If the stone is as red and clean as it looks, it would be an absolute STEAL, even if it were heated. The price is almost TGTBT and the "New Retail Replacement £4500" value is suspicious, IMO. A Burma ruby of that (apparent) quality would easily be worth 10x or more the price of the whole ring. I would definitely ask to have a lab certify it as a natural ruby, and you may want to ask for better pictures of the stone.

If it can be certified as natural and the quality is as good as the photos suggest, somebody here need to buy it...heck, at that price, I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

The conspicuous absence of any certification or mention of any treatments (or absence thereof) on a Burmese ruby of that size & quality gives me pause. These things are seldom overlooked or omitted by accident....but maybe it's just your lucky day!

Please let us know what you discover!

Last edited:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
That 2ct cabochon looks astounding! If the stone is as red and clean as it looks, it would be an absolute STEAL, even if it were heated. The price is almost TGTBT and the "New Retail Replacement £4500" value is suspicious, IMO. A Burma ruby of that (apparent) quality would easily be worth 10x or more the price of the whole ring. I would definitely ask to have a lab certify it as a natural ruby, and you may want to ask for better pictures of the stone.

If it can be certified as natural and the quality is as good as the photos suggest, somebody here need to buy it...heck, at that price, I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

The conspicuous absence of any certification or mention of any treatments (or absence thereof) on a Burmese ruby of that size & quality gives me pause. These things are seldom overlooked or omitted by accident....but maybe it's just your lucky day!

Please let us know what you discover!

I was thinking the same thing.

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock

I'd message him. I spoke with him before. He's a watch guy but he knows gems, he used to be a gemologist at de beers and has a store in the hatton garden district. I tried to buy a ring from him a couple of years ago and he doesn't do any discounts. He still has the ring for sale. I bought from the love antique platform before, I like that they have a 30 day return guarantee policy.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've discovered I don't really care for cab rubies for some reason, so still looking.

Options with reports from GIA:

1. No treatment at all. More purple than red i think, but i like it anyway.
Screenshot_20240514_162004_eBay.jpg

2. Heat w minor residue (but price is fair for it IMHO
Screenshot_20240514_162022_eBay.jpg

One from mikimoto that I think is sweet
Screenshot_20240514_162057_eBay.jpg

A loose stone w gia cert:
Screenshot_20240514_162349_Chrome.jpg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I think this is pretty

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

Inken has a pretty ruby pendant.

Setting is a but much but the ruby is nice. They have a few.

See if she'd do 3k

Sorry the links are looking crazy but they work...

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

Ask if they'd take 3, worst they can say is no. They also have some really bright little stones.

not perfect and a little over, but that color!
would you do heart?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo love these suggestions! I already have one of those tiffany rings saved but lots of new pretties to admire!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results