shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire, 1 or 2?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really don't like 1 because of the window and weak color in the middle.

2 is better, but hard to judge from those pics.

How much are they? Do they have certificates?

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
@lovedogs First one is 3k for approximately 2.5 ct and comes with gia cert. The 2nd one is almost 4 ct and they are asking 5k. It has gemologist appraisal with treatment description, no lab.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs First one is 3k for approximately 2.5 ct and comes with gia cert. The 2nd one is almost 4 ct and they are asking 5k. It has gemologist appraisal with treatment description, no lab.

Hmmm yeah, i really dislike the 1st one and wouldn't biy it tbh. The 2nd one is suspiciously cheap and makes me think it's heavily treated or goes black In person. I wouldn't buy either, personally

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In a pinch 2 but I suspect a window in that one too.

Can you get a report from a lab? Any lab? Even one of the cheaper labs if it’s from Asia.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the photos are accurate (they will not be), then I like the color of the first one much better -- sort of a vivid-cornflower-meets-peacock.

There is a (big?) chip or natural at the edge of the table facet and the price should factor that in. I have one like that; it will catch light every now and then and look like a speck of dust (or worse, in this case). But I would accept that for the superior color.

I don't care for the second one -- too dark or too little interest. For context, I love medium tone and vivid saturation.

Both are bargain prices so it's hard to apply "fine sapphire" criteria. i would accept heat-only but I am not sure how you will confirm that from an appraiser in cahoots with the seller.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
2 looks promising, but they really aren't giving you a lot of information. It is hard to see if it has inclusions and there is no lab report for it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results