shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this sapphire

KLC

Shiny_Rock
I'm looking for a sapphire for a new project and I've found two that I'm looking at. It's between this one and one that's slightly smaller but more expensive. I'm just not sure about the color on this one. It's hard to judge over a black background. I'm afraid it will be very light blue. Thoughts?

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
I suspect the opposite - that it will be darker and less saturated. There are essentially only one single video and one single photo of the gem. The rest are screenshots of the video. And judging by the colour of the fingers, my guess would be that the video was taken in fluorescent light which generally makes the blue really pop. Another option is that the camera flashlight was on, which would also enhance the colour, flooding it with light like that.

In addition to the above, I believe there's a very prominent and quite large gray cloudy inclusion. You can see it in the bottom right quarter of the stone in the video. The screenshots and the photo (where the inclusion is instead on the left) all make sure that facet reflections mask it so that it's less visible.

Reactions: KLC

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you ask for more photos? It will likely be less vibrant by then I find blue sapphires to be shifty in general.

Are you looking for an absolutely amazing stone or “close enough, good enough for the budget” type of stone?

There can be a vast difference in the colours you’re hoping to see in real life so it depends on what you are happy with.

Some PSers have amazing blues that don’t shift but again that depends on your budget and whether that’s a product you’re looking for.

For instance mine:

Perfect sunny day

IMG_2428.jpeg

Indoor restaurant lighting. You can see the patch of dust inclusions in this picture

IMG_2536.jpeg

In lighting that makes him look wish washy

IMG_2601.jpeg

KLC

Shiny_Rock
I suspect the opposite - that it will be darker and less saturated. There are essentially only one single video and one single photo of the gem. The rest are screenshots of the video. And judging by the colour of the fingers, my guess would be that the video was taken in fluorescent light which generally makes the blue really pop. Another option is that the camera flashlight was on, which would also enhance the colour, flooding it with light like that.

In addition to the above, I believe there's a very prominent and quite large gray cloudy inclusion. You can see it in the bottom right quarter of the stone in the video. The screenshots and the photo (where the inclusion is instead on the left) all make sure that facet reflections mask it so that it's less visible.

Thanks. I honestly didn't notice that. I'll keep looking.

KLC

Shiny_Rock
Can you ask for more photos? It will likely be less vibrant by then I find blue sapphires to be shifty in general.

Are you looking for an absolutely amazing stone or “close enough, good enough for the budget” type of stone?

There can be a vast difference in the colours you’re hoping to see in real life so it depends on what you are happy with.

Some PSers have amazing blues that don’t shift but again that depends on your budget and whether that’s a product you’re looking for.

For instance mine:

Perfect sunny day

IMG_2428.jpeg

Indoor restaurant lighting. You can see the patch of dust inclusions in this picture

IMG_2536.jpeg

IMG_2601.jpeg

I'm looking for a blue oval that is a little bit lighter than

For instance mine:

Perfect sunny day

IMG_2428.jpeg

IMG_2536.jpeg

IMG_2601.jpeg

I'm looking for an oval cut that faces up between 8×6, and 9×7. Not overly dark, vivid blue. Eye clean or slight inclusions that doesn't affect the beauty of the stone. But I only have a $1500 budget.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Prices of sapphires have gone up so much that a high quality sapphire in that color, truly that color, and size would be waaay more expensive. So something is not adding up for me. I like to look at the pictures on the lab reports because it’s like a worst of worst image and that’s helpful too… and it shows a huge window. So, it’s not something I would consider.

I think for your budget you will need to compromise something.

Reactions: KLC

KLC

Shiny_Rock
Prices of sapphires have gone up so much that a high quality sapphire in that color, truly that color, and size would be waaay more expensive. So something is not adding up for me. I like to look at the pictures on the lab reports because it’s like a worst of worst image and that’s helpful too… and it shows a huge window. So, it’s not something I would consider.

I may go with lab grown.

I'm probably going to end up going with lab grown from precision gem.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results