shape
carat
color
clarity

Men Punching Women in NYC

Sunrises Sunsets

Shiny_Rock
Your existence must be blissful.

As far as unwanted sexual advances, yes. While in the working world, a very suggestive remark by the office manager produced my resignation. I wouldn't work with a man who couldn't control himself. Pig comes to mind.

Sunrises Sunsets

Shiny_Rock
Please don’t attribute things I have not said to me.
When did I say only violent crimes should be prosecuted?
In terms of how many people are incarcerated here…. It’s a fact. The crime rate, whatever it is is also a fact.
There are also stories of people being locked up for years for minor crimes- while proclaiming their innocence.
One young man committed suicide after Rikers. He was being held because he was accused of stealing a backpack- he was held for years awaiting trial.
It does make sense to read a wide variety of news to get a full picture.
If it was simple and locking people up solved the issues, I'd be all for it.
It just seems the issues are deeper. We're not locking the right people up......

A wrong should be righted. However, throwing the baby out with the bathwater isn't the solution either.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I don't think there's a lot of disagreement actually.
Crime sucks- especially violent crime.
We'd all love it if the police were more effective in preventing crime- and the justice system was more effective at keeping the bad guys behind bars.
What's the issue?

Is NYC safe? To me, yes, it feels safe.
But feeling safe is a very personal experience.
I honestly wish people who are feeling unsafe can find a way to feel safe and enjoy life.
Peace...we all love diamonds, right??

Sunrises Sunsets

Shiny_Rock
I don't think there's a lot of disagreement actually.
Crime sucks- especially violent crime.
We'd all love it if the police were more effective in preventing crime- and the justice system was more effective at keeping the bad guys behind bars.
What's the issue?

Is NYC safe? To me, yes, it feels safe.
But feeling safe is a very personal experience.
I honestly wish people who are feeling unsafe can find a way to feel safe and enjoy life.

I don't hold the police responsible for preventing crime... are they the parents of the world? The police can only provide the best service allowed by law when a crime is reported. The justice system can only be as effective as current laws allow keeping criminals behind bars.

Missy made the point and I totally agree, if we continue on this path, it will only get worse. And to get back to the original point, as a woman, walking NYC at this time would not make me feel safe.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rockdiamond due to the rules here (and out of respect for Ella) I can’t answer your questions properly but would be more than happy to take this off Pricescope and discuss further with you. We have each other’s contact info. Let me know if you are interested.

And as a woman no. I don’t feel safe. I was born in New York and lived here most of my life. This is the only time in history I have truly felt not safe. That’s why we have firearms and are also getting a carry conceal permit. I know how to shoot a firearm with great precision and will protect myself if necessary and by any means necessary.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry. Someone putting a telephone number in a coat pocket does not come close to sexual violence. Anyone who thinks it does needs their head examined.

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The broad brush -- Violence against women is rooted in social, cultural, and religious ideology. We are vessels made to procreate, not smart enough to vote, not good enough for equal pay for equal work, the weaker sex, untrustworthy to make decisions about our bodies, always associated with the ancient virgin/whore expected to be chaste until marriage. We are granted rights only when the prevailing power (white, powerful men) choose to do so and only until the powerful decide to take them away. We become targets of physical and emotional abuse when men are angry, scared, frustrated about their lives.

Women are shackled by society, by their cultures, and by their religions that seek to control behavior -- how we dress, what we eat, who we love, what we believe.

Perhaps we should start by freeing ourselves from the boundaries set by gods who are the genesis of the problem. When women cover their hair, their bodies, engage in religious rituals to cleanse themselves because they are unclean, eat prescribed foods and wear prescribed clothing, they are still enslaved even if they can vote. Perhaps turning the male gods into females would turn the tide of power and women will stop abdicating their autonomy to the men who resemble their gods.

We need to acknowledge that we are, in part, responsible for the double standards that exist -- boys will be boys right?
Until women achieve political power equal to that enjoyed by men, things will change slowly if it all. Exercise your right to vote out those who perpetuate the social, cultural, and religious beliefs that underpin violence against women.

Excellent post @Matata.

Sunrises Sunsets

Shiny_Rock
I’m sorry. Someone putting a telephone number in a coat pocket does not come close to sexual violence. Anyone who thinks it does needs their head examined.

One would have to have one's head in the sand not to recognize all the sexual indecencies including the recent past. Why are some being ignored and others not? It is wrong no matter who, what or where, particularly when young children are involved.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One would have to have one's head in the sand not to recognize all the sexual indecencies including the recent past. Why are some being ignored and others not? It is wrong no matter who, what or where, particularly when young children are involved.

@Sunrises Sunsets, What do you think is being ignored?

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I understand @missy
I'm sad for all of us, because I totally do NOT find your fear to be irrational.
Definitely don't go to places where you feel unsafe. I apologize if my zeal for the city we both love ( or loved) brought the discussion to a bad place.
We all have different tolerances- it's important to remember that.

The first time the air raid sirens went off in Tel Aviv it was 9:00.
Tuesday, the day after my daughter's wedding ( talk about luck for her...we're sooo grateful)
Anyway it was a delightful evening in early May- so Dizengoff Street was packed with people.
For those who've never been, it's a lovely street with old buildings - filled with outdoor cafes.
The sirens were loud- and people immediately started walking quickly in the same direction- the bomb shelter.
I was with my best friend Jack. He grew up here and moved to Israel almost 20 years ago.
He knew exactly what to do.
Once inside we started to hear explosions.... getting louder. Then we could actually feel the pressure of the booms.
Some people were huddled weeping. Others seemed very nervous...I was among them.... uncomfortable doesn't begin to describe it.
Yet others we casually chatting.
Some kids were playing.
Jack told me he'd have been outside watching the show if I wasn't there.
The moron has posted a lot of videos from the latest barrages as he watches from in front of his house.
Point is, we all have different tolerances.
I do not fault you MIssy, or anyone- if they choose not to come to this, or any city or place they don't feel comfortable.

PS- sure shoot me an email, I'd be interested in your thoughts.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's an interesting discussion...be a shame if it turned to politics- because we all agree on the basic aspect that violence is not tolerable
Just sayin....

Sunrises Sunsets

Shiny_Rock
It's an interesting discussion...be a shame if it turned to politics- because we all agree on the basic aspect that violence is not tolerable
Just sayin....

I don't care for politics or discussing it. My surprise is that levels of improper sexual contact is acceptable for some. For me, none of it is acceptable.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I understand @missy
I'm sad for all of us, because I totally do NOT find your fear to be irrational.
Definitely don't go to places where you feel unsafe. I apologize if my zeal for the city we both love ( or loved) brought the discussion to a bad place.
We all have different tolerances- it's important to remember that.

The first time the air raid sirens went off in Tel Aviv it was 9:00.
Tuesday, the day after my daughter's wedding ( talk about luck for her...we're sooo grateful)
Anyway it was a delightful evening in early May- so Dizengoff Street was packed with people.
For those who've never been, it's a lovely street with old buildings - filled with outdoor cafes.
The sirens were loud- and people immediately started walking quickly in the same direction- the bomb shelter.
I was with my best friend Jack. He grew up here and moved to Israel almost 20 years ago.
He knew exactly what to do.
Once inside we started to hear explosions.... getting louder. Then we could actually feel the pressure of the booms.
Some people were huddled weeping. Others seemed very nervous...I was among them.... uncomfortable doesn't begin to describe it.
Yet others we casually chatting.
Some kids were playing.
Jack told me he'd have been outside watching the show if I wasn't there.
The moron has posted a lot of videos from the latest barrages as he watches from in front of his house.
Point is, we all have different tolerances.
I do not fault you MIssy, or anyone- if they choose not to come to this, or any city or place they don't feel comfortable.

PS- sure shoot me an email, I'd be interested in your thoughts.

Thank you David and I will. I appreciate you sharing your experiences and I have many friends in Israel who all say they feel safer in Israel than they do in the USA. Despite being surrounded by enemies. In fact a few friends have now moved to Israel after October 7th. Stating they feel much safer there than here. I am not at that point yet. My entire family is here. My grandparents (both sets) were born in New York. We are third generation Americans and I have always identified as American first and foremost. But given current events my heart is in Israel. Am Yisrael Chai... today, tomorrow and always

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Darn right haha. Diamonds sparkle through all the BS. Long live diamonds and the beauty that shines through no matter what

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
“I can tell you that my beautiful wife, Isabelle, would be the first to say her life truly started when she started living her vocation as a wife and as a mother."

Screen Shot 2024-05-15 at 5.40.08 AM.png

Thank you for the illustration, @missy !

I am in constant disbelief.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I just want to leave this here:

When I tell you how lucky many of you here are to have husbands, sons, and friends, etc who absolutely love you… you are blessed.

Agree completely with you Monnie.
I will add that I learned more about people in the last 7 months than I ever thought possible (or wanted to know but while ignorance is bliss knowledge is power) and to say it was/is eye opening (and disheartening) is an understatement

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree completely with you Monnie.
I will add that I learned more about people in the last 7 months than I ever thought possible (or wanted to know but while ignorance is bliss knowledge is power) and to say it was/is eye opening (and disheartening) is an understatement

I’ve let go of a lot of people. I get it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results