shape
carat
color
clarity

Let’s play “what would you bid” for OEC antique ring

lovetodream

Shiny_Rock
I know many of you follow auctions - here’s a ring I loved, but gaped at what it sold for (especially with a 19.5% fee). But since I’m still learning, talk to me about your opinions and how high you’d go. Some description is cut off from my screenshot, but it claimed mint condition, if that matters.
IMG_8029.png

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Way less than half that for a sub-1ct I1. I find things often go for ridiculous prices on their auctions. Maybe I'm just too cheap? :lol-2:

It also amazes me they were projecting $6-7K as closing bid! I wonder how much of that is a game to convince buyers the item has more value, and they should be willing to bid higher?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ummm, this is still showing available on ebay for 2300, so something isn't right.

Screenshot_20240430_174454_eBay.jpg

Well, that's beyond not right if it's truly the same ring. Seems like something is actually a false statement.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, that's beyond not right if it's truly the same ring. Seems like something is actually a false statement.

Did you see the seller of the live auction ring listed? I know 100% that badis has this ring because they sent me IRL pics

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you see the seller of the live auction ring listed? I know 100% that badis has this ring because they sent me IRL pics

I didn't, but didn't look too hard. have you looked?

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are scammers on Live Auctioneers who steal photos from around the internet to sell rings they don’t have. This came up in the IG antique jewelry community recently.

Live Auctioneer has been nonresponsive to complaints and it looks like they haven’t cracked down on the scammers.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are scammers on Live Auctioneers who steal photos from around the internet to sell rings they don’t have. This came up in the IG antique jewelry community recently.

Live Auctioneer has been nonresponsive to complaints and it looks like they haven’t cracked down on the scammers.

Ugh that's almost certainly what happened. So sad

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are so many fake auctions on eBay and everywhere.

Ummm, this is still showing available on ebay for 2300, so something isn't right.

Maybe they made a whole bunch of them :lol-2:

lovetodream

Shiny_Rock
So whomever purchased the auction ring was scammed - paid that much for under a carat I and won’t even receive it?

That ring was part of a huge lot of various items that were couched under “federal seizement” or something similar. I wonder how Live Auctioneers can stay in business with that happening regularly.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results