shape
carat
color
clarity

International Shipping USA to France

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Has anyone had recent experience shipping internationally a piece of jewelry from USA to France (Paris)?

I’d appreciate hearing best way to send, your experience with insurance and customs, etc.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No help but it must be a pain based on the following. Maybe six years ago, when our B&M jeweler -- whom we did not even know super-well -- learned that one of our DDs was home in the US for a few weeks from a teaching gig in France, he asked if she would courier an expensive ring to Paris for him. I thought it was a terrible idea, safety- and liability-wise, but the jeweler and DD thought it was no biggie.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No help but it must be a pain based on the following. Maybe six years ago, when our B&M jeweler -- whom we did not even know super-well -- learned that one of our DDs was home in the US for a few weeks from a teaching gig in France, he asked if she would courier an expensive ring to Paris for him. I thought it was a terrible idea, safety- and liability-wise, but the jeweler and DD thought it was no biggie.

Yeah, I think there might be a lot of paperwork and customs restrictions. On the flip side, a few years ago I bought a ring from an Etsy seller in Zurich and she sent it in a little bubble envelope in some taped up bubble wrap. She sent it by regular mail. I was very surprised at how casually she treated the shipping and that there were no mishaps. I do think that Switzerland is a different bird than France, however.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results