shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Assessing Windowing in an EC (videos included)

Lemonlime

Rough_Rock
Hello! I'm embarking on a fun labgrown alternative to switch out with my e-ring and I'm in the market for a EC with w 1:2-1:35 ratio in the 6ct range. I've reserved this diamond but I'm wondering if I should let it go. It appears to have some severe windowing in the left center but I'm not sure if that's just a tilt window or a bad enough flaw that will bother me when wearing it. I would love to hear from any experts, @Karl_K please weigh in!

Videos
Video 1
Video 2
Video 3
Video 4
Video 5

Photos
36270c11-f8eb-4604-8cc1-6bab8b1f8ad9.JPG
88d85f76-6650-4d87-9a02-0cd9c562285c.JPG

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Cant see the vids right now but at 6ct may be an issue based on the pics.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Links work Im just not at my computer to watch vids.

Lemonlime

Rough_Rock
Bumping for review!

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Not enough tilt in the videos for me to see what’s going on.

Lemonlime

Rough_Rock
Not enough tilt in the videos for me to see what’s going on.

Can you explain a bit more? Is the windowing in the left center pictured here not an immediate red flag? I guess thought it would be?? IMG_5728.jpg

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
I can’t tell if that’s a window that shows your skin from under the stone or reflections of your skin from the sides. IMO if it’s reflections from the sides and only at that specific angle, it’s not really an issue once it’s been set in an open setting. In general you want to see the individual facets flash on/off as the stone moves/tilts from side to side. In your videos there’s not much activity going on, but there’s also not much side to side movement or tilt.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes its an issue, even more so at 6ct.
It stays leaky even under some tilt in that area which is even worse.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can’t tell if that’s a window that shows your skin from under the stone or reflections of your skin from the sides. IMO if it’s reflections from the sides and only at that specific angle, it’s not really an issue once it’s been set in an open setting. In general you want to see the individual facets flash on/off as the stone moves/tilts from side to side. In your videos there’s not much activity going on, but there’s also not much side to side movement or tilt.

goto this vid. click play then on the gear and select .25 playback speed. It becomes clear.

Lemonlime

Rough_Rock

Here's a couple videos with more movement, thank you so much for you help by the way!!

Lemonlime

Rough_Rock
Yes its an issue, even more so at 6ct.
It stays leaky even under some tilt in that area which is even worse.

So this one is a total no go?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results