shape
carat
color
clarity

Comparison between an Asscher and a H&A round

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
An eye clean SI2 4 carat Asscher! Hope this is helpful to others considering Asschers and trying to make sense of the vendor videos.

4.01 D SI2
IMG_2633.jpeg

2.57 E VS1 H&A with blue nuance

The cutter did a great job aligning the growth crystals to the faceting. The inclusions are visible without magnification up close, but eye clean at normal viewing distances starting at around 10 inches away.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yum, nice asscher, more vids with the the asscher square to the camera and rotation across the flats? plz
Picture it mounted in a ring rotating your hand side to side.

The girdle is the ASET image is not aligned in the right place with the scope making the under table area over green.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

double yum, that's the asscher dance.
The camera can not due it full justice but its there.
For your entertainment face into a dark room with a bright room behind you.
With the stone in front of you bring it up until it just catches the light behind you then move it slowly side to side and up and down.
Try the same with the RB and see how boring it looks in comparison. ;-)

scandi_queen

Rough_Rock
Thank you for this! Beautiful stone and I didn't even see the inclusion until I looked at the 360.
I have been looking at Asscher's for a bit and always hesitate to purchase because I don't trust my eyes! Key for me has been to avoid any that show a pattern (like all facets in a line turn off or make a cross) and look for more random flashing. And that the facets all the way to the center turn on/off. Is that a good way to describe it?

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Between what the camera can capture and the uploads and video compression/conversion a lot is lost compared to what is seen in person, but it still gives a good idea of how much activity goes on with the faceting.

Thank you for this! Beautiful stone and I didn't even see the inclusion until I looked at the 360.
I have been looking at Asscher's for a bit and always hesitate to purchase because I don't trust my eyes! Key for me has been to avoid any that show a pattern (like all facets in a line turn off or make a cross) and look for more random flashing. And that the facets all the way to the center turn on/off. Is that a good way to describe it?

I think that’s a good approach! I took a gamble with this one and luckily it paid off.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results