shape
carat
color
clarity

C. 1900 art nouveau baroque natural pearl stickpin

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I'm very excited about my newest pearl piece, an art nouveau stickpin set with a sizable baroque pearl. It's from c. 1900, which means it must be a natural pearl, right? It's unmarked 14K. Going by the style, it was obviously made in Newark by one of the many skillful jewelry manufacturers that flourished there then--Krementz was one, but there were hundreds of others.

I'm considering making it into a pendant, but I'm in no rush.

IMG_8823.jpeg

IMG_8824.jpeg

IMG_8828.jpeg

It goes nicely with my star sapphire ring, which started life as a stickpin from the same period. Anyone think it should be a ring too?

IMG_8834.jpeg

Loupe for scale:

IMG_8835.jpeg

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
Great find! I love the slightly rough hand-carving and the twisty organic 3-dimensionallty. Nouveau curves plus arts and crafts handwork. The pearl is a gift of the ocean waves...

FWIW, I think the 3-dimensionality makes it a natural for a pendant.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm very excited about my newest pearl piece, an art nouveau stickpin set with a sizable baroque pearl. It's from c. 1900, which means it must be a natural pearl, right? It's unmarked 14K. Going by the style, it was obviously made in Newark by one of the many skillful jewelry manufacturers that flourished there then--Krementz was one, but there were hundreds of others.

IMG_8823.jpeg

IMG_8824.jpeg

IMG_8828.jpeg

It goes nicely with my star sapphire ring, which started life as a stickpin from the same period. Anyone think it should be a ring too?

IMG_8834.jpeg

Loupe for scale:

IMG_8835.jpeg

wow !!!!!!!!!!!! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool! I think it would be awesome as a pendant.

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is incredibly lovely @glitterata ! I vote for ring, as I would want to stare at it all the time. I love the curls/swirls - it evokes waves around the pearl :kiss2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

IMG_8823.jpeg

IMG_8824.jpeg

IMG_8828.jpeg

IMG_8834.jpeg

Loupe for scale:

IMG_8835.jpeg

i love this
but may i quietly and rspectfully ask if you could wear it as a pin one last time before you have it remade
perhaps just around home so there is no way it could get lost, just for a picture for us brooch lovers

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
i love this
but may i quietly and rspectfully ask if you could wear it as a pin one last time before you have it remade
perhaps just around home so there is no way it could get lost, just for a picture for us brooch lovers

I wore it yesterday. It's still on my jacket lapel--I'll take a photo.

Reactions: Ann

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I love that! It's hard to find a source for stickpins I've realized. Or I'm just searching in the wrong places.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
For @Daisys and Diamonds , here are a couple of photos of the stickpin on my lapel. It's joined by a couple others: a Georgian or early Victorian stickpin in the shape of a snake with tiny ruby eyes holding a natural pearl, and a little gold-filled stickpin in the shape of a pair of pince nez eyeglasses.

IMG_8838.jpeg

IMG_8839 (1).jpeg

Edited to add: When I wear stickpins, I always use a little silicone earring back on the end of each pin to make sure it stays put. With brooches, too.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For @Daisys and Diamonds , here are a couple of photos of the stickpin on my lapel. It's joined by a couple others: a Georgian or early Victorian stickpin in the shape of a snake with tiny ruby eyes holding a natural pearl, and a little gold-filled stickpin in the shape of a pair of pince nez eyeglasses.

IMG_8838.jpeg

IMG_8839 (1).jpeg

Edited to add: When I wear stickpins, I always use a little silicone earring back on the end of each pin to make sure it stays put. With brooches, too.

All of them are gorgeous! I always wear an earring back as well. I never want to lose anything.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

IMG_8838.jpeg

IMG_8839 (1).jpeg

:appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results