shape
carat
color
clarity

5.46 OEC recut with SW

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
It looks spectacular, no wonder you are in love!

I'm confused about one thing -- is this a setting DK made for you modeled after the amazon ring you liked?

Well it started with a ring I saw on instagram but then I started searching "sunburst halo rings" and "mixed cut halos" and "ballerina halos" because i always loved ballerina halos. The only problem was the fact that the center was so big already. I've always been obsessed with baguettes and the ballerina halos always have the baguette halo. I some tester rings, got an etsy one and a amazon one and a maxine jewelry one.

One I saw that I truly fell for was a round center with a PEAR halo and it looked SO COOL because the points were sooo pronounced (the fat part of the pear was against the main stone and the points were out) and i was considering it and showed it to Patty and she was always telling me to keep it simple, she really wanted me to not take away from the center, so she suggested just spacing out the halo stones a little more and it would have that same look of the pear halo without detracting from the main stone.

So, thats the LONG winded answer, so YES, it's modeled after the Amazon ring (which i just checked and it was actually etsy, the amazon was the one I didnt like as much because the main center had a bezel instead of prongs, here's the etsy link: www.etsy.com/xoxojewelryshop/sunbursthalo) But at Patty's suggestion I spaced the halo stones out a bit more, which cut down on the metal underneath which is why i think the main center reflects soooo much, because it's more open under (makes it easier to clean too LOL)

However, after the 3 weeks of searching and the 20 rings i considered, the etsy one i picked wound up looking exactly like bubbalah so then I asked Missy what she thought, I was so nervous asking her if she would mind and she was just so gracious about it.

Here they are together (cloudy here in NY today)

sxsIMG_0167.jpg

Here it is from the side, i asked david to lift the whole thing up a little because I wanted to be able to wear a band that would slightly slide under, i knew I would have a gap but i wanted it to go under a little and on this etsy one the 'spokes' were flat to my finger so he angled them so i could get the band partially under it

svIMG_0169.jpg

You were PROBABLY just looking for a "Yes, this was modeled after the etsy ring" however, I am so darn excited and love it so much i figured i'd give you the whole explanation... HAHAHA. It's ALSO how the bracelet came about because i was searching "mixed cut diamond ring" and I was getting all these hits for bracelets too. Google needs to stay on the exact search words because that cost me getting a bracelet LOL

Last edited:

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
I loved your story!!! So many congratulations, your setting turned out beautiful- and the stone…. A M A Z I N G!!!! (I’m singing amazing as loud as I can, cause she’s incredible!!!)

Enjoy her!

PS: I totally would have complimented your other settings as well, one of which I may or may not be still kicking myself for not buying, lol! :lol-2::kiss2:

LOL!! I liked the other setting too, I love the look of a big main center with a delicate setting, but they came at the same time and I just knew I would never wear it because i was so in love with the halo. I took it off the first night to sleep and I couldnt sleep because i had taken it off and couldnt stop thinking about it, i had to put it back on!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
My jaw actually dropped seeing this. That video... wow. :love: It's so incredibly beautiful, Inked! Your joy comes through so clearly, and the ring looks just perfect on your hand.

Please tell us more about the diamond bracelet!

Thank you! I hope these GIFs work.. LOL
IMG_8978.GIF

IMG_8977.GIF

As for the bracelet ... Ug, google ... hahaha. I was searching "mixed cut ballerina rings" but google has ADD and showed me some bracelets too, so then I started searching specifically for mixed cut bracelets, and Ring Concierge and Brilliant earth, diamond connection, people on etsy and of course Susan Kalan make mixed cut/tilt set bracelets. So I wanted a baguette tennis bracelet but i was worried it wouldnt sparkle so I asked for rounds mixed in. I almost bought the Susan Kalan cuff but the baguettes dont go all the way around.

So anyway, it is 18k, 3.21 carats, natural mined diamonds. I fugured the earth diamonds would keep value better and the price difference wasnt that big
IMG_0115.jpg

scandi_queen

Rough_Rock
Simply stunning! Wonderful to hear we have such great friends here on PS!
Thanks for sharing your journey (and pics of the bling!)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love a long detailed answer! Thanks!

I was confused because for a moment I thought you had David set your stone into the “Amazon” ring and I was like, wow I had no idea you could buy something like that on Amazon lol

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Simply stunning! Wonderful to hear we have such great friends here on PS!
Thanks for sharing your journey (and pics of the bling!)

with friends like this... you run out of money quick.. hahahaha! All kidding aside, its such a great community i feel so lucky to have met people with similar interests. I cant talk about this with my friends here their eyes glaze over.

Just FYI, my sister in law bought almost identical 4 carat OMC to me, we both bought them. She told me last night she doesn't think "it's her" and might sell it, so if you're interested I'll tag you if I post for her. She's going to a wedding in Florida so she'll be away for a week so it wouldnt be until like 2 weeks or so LOL

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
I love a long detailed answer! Thanks!

I was confused because for a moment I thought you had David set your stone into the “Amazon” ring and I was like, wow I had no idea you could buy something like that on Amazon lol

LOL!!! OMG thats so funny!! Soooo you didnt need my dissertation on the process... Sorry about that! hahaha!

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for sharing the videos! The rolling rainbows in your first video, sheesh. Made my entire day and I don't even own it. I can completely understand you not being able to tear your eyes away from that thing. LOVE!

scandi_queen

Rough_Rock
with friends like this... you run out of money quick.. hahahaha! All kidding aside, its such a great community i feel so lucky to have met people with similar interests. I cant talk about this with my friends here their eyes glaze over.

Just FYI, my sister in law bought almost identical 4 carat OMC to me, we both bought them. She told me last night she doesn't think "it's her" and might sell it, so if you're interested I'll tag you if I post for her. She's going to a wedding in Florida so she'll be away for a week so it wouldnt be until like 2 weeks or so LOL

That's my fear! Too much sparkly, not enough dough. Someone just won the dang powerball too, so that's not an option :lol-2:
Ah, thanks for remembering me! Yes, please tag me if she decides to sell. I have a purchase in the works for something totally different that might quell my diamond fever for a bit. But, it might have the opposite effect! I will hopefully get it this week and can post about it.

Perlas10

Rough_Rock
Wow, your new ring is gorgeous! Perfect proportions. May I ask about the gold band you're wearing with it and where it's from? It reminds me of the Tiffany Victoria Vine collection.

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, your new ring is gorgeous! Perfect proportions. May I ask about the gold band you're wearing with it and where it's from? It reminds me of the Tiffany Victoria Vine collection.
So apparently I am long winded and over explain… and I won’t stop now :lol-2: I am who I am…

Soooo my original engagement ring was platinum pave… however I loooove to mix metal so I wanted some kind of platinum and yellow gold wedding band. I have been in love with the erstwhile jewelry “quill” band forever, it’s supposed to be a feather. I wanted a chevron shape to sit flush with my engagement ring but I don’t like how chevrons look alone… so the criteria was: yellow gold and platinum pave, chevron shape to sit flush but also look good alone, and I wanted the quill band.

This is the quill band

IMG_0183.jpg

So I had this idea to have a platinum pave chevron and then have it bisect the quill band, but instead of a feather I wanted an olive branch because it has meaning in the Bible for me.

So that was my 'wants' and I came up with this band:

IMG_0187.jpg

But obviously it does not work with the new halo ring at all, but it is sentimental, so I asked David to JUST make me the branch part. It's not my original wedding band but it has the nod to it. So David Klass made it, 18K olive branch.

I moved the behemoth out of the way so you can see it better.

IMG_0186.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The video of your gorgeous diamond ring is mesmerizing. I love how the setting is made so you can wear it with a band.

Perlas10

Rough_Rock
So apparently I am long winded and over explain… and I won’t stop now :lol-2: I am who I am…

Soooo my original engagement ring was platinum pave… however I loooove to mix metal so I wanted some kind of platinum and yellow gold wedding band. I have been in love with the erstwhile jewelry “quill” band forever, it’s supposed to be a feather. I wanted a chevron shape to sit flush with my engagement ring but I don’t like how chevrons look alone… so the criteria was: yellow gold and platinum pave, chevron shape to sit flush but also look good alone, and I wanted the quill band.

This is the quill band

IMG_0183.jpg

So I had this idea to have a platinum pave chevron and then have it bisect the quill band, but instead of a feather I wanted an olive branch because it has meaning in the Bible for me.

So that was my 'wants' and I came up with this band:

IMG_0187.jpg

But obviously it does not work with the new halo ring at all, but it is sentimental, so I asked David to JUST make me the branch part. It's not my original wedding band but it has the nod to it. So David Klass made it, 18K olive branch.

I moved the behemoth out of the way so you can see it better.

IMG_0186.jpg

Thank you! I love the story behind it. Such a beautiful band!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I love the story behind it. Such a beautiful band!

Feel free to have David Klass make it! Several People reached out to ask about my original pave leaf band and I’ve told David anyone who wants it is welcome to the design! Same goes for this

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
The video of your gorgeous diamond ring is mesmerizing. I love how the setting is made so you can wear it with a band.

Thank you! I love it so much it’s amazing how it always just reflects the rainbows!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for sharing the videos! The rolling rainbows in your first video, sheesh. Made my entire day and I don't even own it. I can completely understand you not being able to tear your eyes away from that thing. LOVE!

Thank you!! I honestly stare at it all day and get almost nothing done lol

lavenderdragonfly23

Shiny_Rock

I’ll hop in line for the OMC! I don’t have a travel ring and my husband prefers OMC’s and I really like OEC’s and movals…. This might be the *perfect* way for me to get my HG antique diamond ❤️

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
If I come over can I try on your ring In exchange for photos? I promise I won't drool. Or I will try really hard. Lol.

Other people: Buy second cell phone to cheat on their spouse.

Pricescopers: Buy second cell phone to take pictures of diamonds.

:lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

THIS IS ALL @HS4S_2 's FAULT!!! Yes, i DID in fact buy a Samsung ultra JUST to take pictures because of HS4S's amazing pictures.

compus23Uiphone15pro.JPG

Last edited:

lavenderdragonfly23

Shiny_Rock
So here are some samsung pics,,, LOL

20240508_041951.jpg

20240508_042010.jpg

20240508_042956.jpg

@Dreamer_D here are the 2 together!

20240508_060942.jpg

20240508_051209.jpg

20240508_044158.jpg

I see I had a fuzzy from my sweatshirt here, something i would NOT have seen with the iphone 15 pro because it sucks. LOL

20240508_043957.jpg

SHES B E A U T I F U L! :kiss2:

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Other people: Buy second cell phone to cheat on their spouse.

Pricescopers: Buy second cell phone to take pictures.

THIS IS ALL @HS4S_2 's FAULT!!! Yes, i DID in fact buy a Samsung ultra JUST to take pictures because of HS4S's amazing pictures.

compus23Uiphone15pro.JPG

Beautiful!!! That's all I ever use!

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So here are some samsung pics,,, LOL

20240508_041951.jpg

20240508_042010.jpg

20240508_042956.jpg

@Dreamer_D here are the 2 together!

20240508_060942.jpg

20240508_051209.jpg

20240508_044158.jpg

I see I had a fuzzy from my sweatshirt here, something i would NOT have seen with the iphone 15 pro because it sucks. LOL

20240508_043957.jpg

Oh my goodness! She is so amazing!!! So amazing! I could look at her all day! I love my Samasung s23 for my sparkly pictures.

Last edited:

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness! She is so amazing!!! So amazing! I could look at her all day! I love my Samasung s23 for my sparkly pictures.

thank you for sharing your trick for perfect pics! I have been lusting over your pics ever since you posted your gorgeous ring (AND your ring for that matter!)!! I love every time you post her! For the record, you are still welcome to come over and take pics. LOL!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! What a difference the Samsung S23 makes! Your ring looked drop-dead gorgeous in the iPhone pictures, but...it's a quantum leap with the Samsung shots.

Congrats on such a beautiful ring—and sharing excellent pictures with an adoring sparklie audience. :D

scandi_queen

Rough_Rock
Thank you for indulging us! Your ring is TDF :drool:
Does your phone perform the same magic on humans? Asking for a friend...

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for indulging us! Your ring is TDF :drool:
Does your phone perform the same magic on humans? Asking for a friend...

Facetune… i’m 50 years old I need all the help I can get. And if it works on the Kardashians it can work on me :lol-2:

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
thank you for sharing your trick for perfect pics! I have been lusting over your pics ever since you posted your gorgeous ring (AND your ring for that matter!)!! I love every time you post her! For the record, you are still welcome to come over and take pics. LOL!

I am very tempted to come take those photos to see this beauty in person! Such a beauty. So happy for you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results