shape
carat
color
clarity

3.2ctw K studs in platinum or yellow gold settings?

3.2ctw ACA studs in which setting?

• 4 prong platinum

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • 4 prong yellow gold

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • thin yellow gold bezel

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello!

I am considering Whiteflash ACA 1.6ct K stud earrings (3.2 ctw) and am between settings. I am used to classic platinum 4 prong settings. Whiteflash ACA K stones look perfectly lovely in platinum. I am wondering if yellow gold settings would make the K stones look whiter? Would a yellow gold bezel around a 1.6ct diamond look insane on the ear?

I'm always between settings - definitely a fun dilemma to have! Please share photos (3.2 ctw studs or bezeled or yellow gold settings) if you have them!

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have any pictures to share but I really don't think you can go wrong either way with this, any of the options you posted will look great.

I just voted platinum because that would be my personal pick.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ask Whiteflash if they have any pictures of Ks in yellow bezels. I would also ask their opinion of what they thought a yellow bezel
would do to a K colored stone. Would it bring out more of the tint or would it help show it off as whiter? I'm assuming you are
trying not to bring out the tint?

I've also had a 1.14 J ACA in a white gold bezel.

IMG_20190508_074646412.jpg IMG_20190508_114103787.jpg

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is so helpful. Thank you!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh! How did I miss this? I have you on this, girl!

IMG_2531.JPG

IMG_2204 copy 2.JPG

IMG_2211.JPG

I can see ZERO tint in these stones, set like this. These are one K VS2 BGD Signature cut and one K VS1 True Hearts, perfect stats, from James Allen. Setting is 18kt yellow, and I LOVE them. They have perfect presence on the ear. I later had a pair of GSS removable drops made for them, which made them, possibly, the most beautiful earrings in the universe....(all bias fully owned and acknowledged!)....

Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 10.03.01 AM.png

I'd say - proceed with confidence! NB these are only 1.95ctw, so yours would be a different size, obviously. But I think the effect would be little to none. I think 'yellow gold bezeled K colored diamonds' is one of the great untapped options in jewelry and I wrote a post about that very thing in the "Things you've bought or are considering" thread in SMTB (paraphrasing on the title, sorry). I'm planning on doing a K colored bezeled pear diamond necklace at some point in the future, and I already have the diamond. So I'm practicing what I'm preaching here!

Good luck!

ETA The last photo is on my daughter's ear, and her lobes are medium/small. A 1.6ct diamond would only be about 1mm wider in diameter. Her lobe could easily accommodate that. Her piercings are very low due to cysts in her lobe, but a more normally placed piercing would carry this with no issue, and even DH's would be fine with it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 10.03.01 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 10.03.01 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results