shape
carat
color
clarity

WE'RE ENGAGED! Pics of my AVC in ERD Custom Micro-Pave Halo

Re: WE'RE ENGAGED! Pics of my AVC in ERD Custom Micro-Pave H

It's gorgeous! I saw the video on Youtube. It looks beautiful on your hand! Congrats!

Zappy

Shiny_Rock

Congratulations! Your ring is perfection and it looks stunning on your hand! :appl:

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock

I love seeing the transformation of the ring in the new setting. It is breathtaking! I love it and congrats on the ring.

sina

Rough_Rock

So pretty! Do you have a wedding band picked out?

DvotedMOMMY

Rough_Rock

sina said:
So pretty! Do you have a wedding band picked out?

Ummm, no no wedding band yet, but I will want a micro-pave eternity band to match.

Though I'm not sure how it will work out,,, because as much as I LOVEEE me E-ring, and wouldn't change a thing,,, the basket's donut it a little bigger than I planned, so I'm not sure how a band will sit next to it! I mean I didnt want a flush fit in the first place, I think it just looks like you have a thick, double pave shank, but I'm not sure if it will sit too far away. I think it will be perfect thought! Im thinking on going a tinsy bit bigger with the wedding band, just a tad bigger,, for deffinition... my E-ring is a 1.9mm, maybe a 2.1-2.2mm??? Anyone have any thoughts? Would this over power my E-ring, you think???
And it's not like I could walk into a jewelry store and try one on with my HUGE fingers! Ahhhahaha! :lol:

So that will be a mystery! Lol

And @everyone: THANKS for all the kind comments about my ring. It really feels so nice to have someone else admire as much as I do!!! :bigsmile:

Rae~

Shiny_Rock

No sausage fingers seen!! :nono: But thank you for posting handshots. :bigsmile:

Your ring looks gorgeous on your hand and you must be SO thrilled with it. Congratulations and wear it in good health!

DvotedMOMMY

Rough_Rock

Thanks everyone! ;))

I do love it sooo much! I'm finding it do hard to have to let it go for a couple of days so Mark can fix the 1 missed melee diamond on the shank, again the basket. He really is so great. He tried to get it to us so fast, that he said it was his mistake for not looking it over better. But it wasn't. You really can't notice it unless you are really scoping it out. My Fiancé and I didn't notice it right away. Only after I had it on my finger with that side facing me, I seen a dark spot, it was because there was just the metal hole! Haha!
But Mark was great with allowing me to hang on to it as long as I want, and ship it whenever I'm ready, and said he'd have it back to be in one day!! What a Guy!! :appl:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

Dvoted, I can't believe I didn't post yet! I LOVE your ring - wonderful setting, and of course, absolutely stunning stone. Congrats!!! I'm about to go post pics of this absolutely gorgeous ring on the AVC thread :D

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful! Congratulations!

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock

DevotedMom, my DH just caught sight of your pics and uttered, "Now *that's* a bling explosion!" :D It is beautiful on your hand. Enjoy!

DvotedMOMMY

Rough_Rock

Aeolianarpa said:
DevotedMom, my DH just caught sight of your pics and uttered, "Now *that's* a bling explosion!" :D It is beautiful on your hand. Enjoy!

OH MY GOODNESS!! :D
Thank you so much! Haha! Tell your DH he made my night! :lol:

I knew I wanted a diamond encrusted ring, but I never imagined the bling factor would be sooo OUTSTANDING! ESPECIALLY at night in the smallest amount of light! I was waiting in the car for my Fiancé in a store parking lot, and just the moonlight and I guess the parking lot lights coming through the window made my ring sparkle like a Christmas Tree! The colors that where popping off everywhere, omg! I was in heaven! :halo:
I cannot BELIEVE the brilliance that comes from the tiny melee diamonds! It's just truly stunning! I found myself recording it with my phone sometimes! Haha! My fam asks for videos of it in real life, so I put a few on YouTube for them to see! Lol
(if anyone is interested to see them, just for fun, you can look me up on YouTube, DvotedMOMMY -(I think I have 3 sparkly videos of my beautiful ring!! Hehe!) :oops: :lol:

currvygirl

Rough_Rock

DvotedMOMMY|1287422789|2740454 said:
Ok,

Here are the requested IRL Handshots! Promise not to laugh at my sausage fingers.. :oops:

LOL! haha :lol:

Dvoted- thank you soooooo much for taking these hand shots!! I think your hands are too cute, and your ring looks absolutely delicate and blingy and I'm just drooooooling!! :lickout:

I am always looking for pics of fingers that are closer to my size 7.75 finger, and it's wonderful to see your beautiful 1.28 in a full hand shot.

I'm in LUUUUV with your ring!!!!!! :love:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock

Stunning! The stone and craftsmanship are really outstanding! :appl:

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous ring! :lickout:

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock

GIRL! That is SO PRETTY! ! ! Delicious! I love love love the micro pave. . . :love:

Chatterbox_101

Rough_Rock

Dvoted Mommy: Absolutely gorgeous!! This is the same exact ring I want. I have seen stones from ERD and I'm already in love with their settings. I'm just waiting to see stones from GOG. Can you share how you decided on a GOG stone over ERD? And the same for the setting - ERD over GOG? Did you end up making the halo thinner? I want to minimize the look of the metal on the halo and have a delicate halo look like yours. Is your setting called the Winnie on ERD?

DvotedMOMMY

Rough_Rock

Chatterbox_101|1290190537|2773072 said:
Dvoted Mommy: Absolutely gorgeous!! This is the same exact ring I want. I have seen stones from ERD and I'm already in love with their settings. I'm just waiting to see stones from GOG. Can you share how you decided on a GOG stone over ERD? And the same for the setting - ERD over GOG? Did you end up making the halo thinner? I want to minimize the look of the metal on the halo and have a delicate halo look like yours. Is your setting called the Winnie on ERD?

Hello :wavey:

First of all,,, THANK YOU! ;))

Ok.. As for the Diamond.. I knew I wanted a "Chunky" Cushion, and I LOVVED the August Vintage Signature cut from GOG. Then when I got quotes from the vendors of my top 4 setting options, Mark T. Of ERD was very competitive, and he asked if I'd like him to look for a stone for me. Well, at FIRST I thought ibwouldnt go below a H in color, and I wanted at LEAST a carat. Mark instantly came back with a picture of one, but the picture wasn't of great quality, and I just didn't know how I would choose a stone without seeing it's magic!
Then, one night I was watching a few of Jon's videos from GOG, and I learned that the color difference not only has NOTHING to do with a diamonds optics & performance, but that it's a very faint difference, and just falls under preference. So I then realized I could get a bigger stone if I could accept a bit of warmth. (I'm SO glad I did!)

Needless to say, that night, after looking at some just listed J, K, & L AVCs,, I found my K and loved all the info GOG gave on it. It was the PERFECT ratio I wanted. But I knew I was working with Mark, so just forgot about it.
2 days later, my Fiancé surprised me with it the AVC! & Jon made me a solo video shoot of my Diamond, which I LOVEE!! lol

Setting:
Ok, so I knew I wanted a Micro-Pave Halo/Shank setting, but was surprised of the price difference in what I was quoted.. GOG had a Beautiful one "The Perfect Halo", which with a discount would only have been $300 more than Mark's quote,, but after watching a video of it, and really scoping it out, I did not care for the slight separation of RB melée diamonds on the halo. To me I saw more metal than I'd like, and preferred more when the RB's almost touch each other.
Then,, I thought the Pave work from Leon Mege was the BEST I saw, but his quote was $2500 higher than Marks!!! & it would take 6-8 weeks, where Marks timeframe was only 2 1/2 weeks...
Then I found a ring to my EXACT specifications,, my "Dream" setting, the "Kylie" Halo by JbEG.. so that was what I wanted EXACTLY!! Only again, it was out of our price range.. :(( Their quote was about $1500 higher than Marks...

So, I didn't just go with Mark T. Of ERD because he was the cheapest, that was just the added benefit. I went with him because he was highly spoke of on here in PS, and I saw a bunch of his work, and new it was just as good as the rest of theirs, AND he was such a pleasure to deal with! Live over the phone!

Ok,, no, I wouldn't refer my ring to the Winnie, my ring is totally my own, I added different ideas than his basics. I first told him I wanted a Micro pave halo and shank, but a very delicate halo, not to overpower my diamond. I wanted a slightly thicker band/shank, and I want the LEAST amount of metal show. I also wanted the band rounded, and not straight edges. I wanted the smallest donut under the basket, (that's actually the only thing that is not exactly how I'd prefer it, but I was willing to accept it how it is).
When he came back with the CAD Renderings, I had a few changes,,I wanted a smaller donut under the basket, I wanted a slight tilt to my halo (30 degrees), I wanted my struts to arch inward a bit, and I wanted the "V-cut" Pave, like on the "Kylie" setting from JbEG, because IMO, it gives off the look of a completely diamond encrusted shank, where other paves (U-cut pave.. Ex,,) leaves a flat smooth metal look to the sides of the shank.

I was nervous because I wouldnt not get to see these changes, until on the finished ring! Mark reasured me that it would be exactly what i wanted, and he WASNT KIDDING!!

I had never seen the V-cut pave work on any of his pieces, so was nervous about that. So, I COULD be wrong, but I think my Ring is unique, in the fact that (again I "THINK") I am the first Ring of this style by Mark T of ERD with the V-Cut Pave..

For exact measurements,, my diamond is a 1.28ct, the halo is a 1.3mm, and the shank is a 1.9mm.. Ring size... (drumroll please!!!.. Bud-dum-bump!) a whopping 8.75! :oops: LOL!

I wouldn't HIGHLY recommend both guys, Jon of GOG, (LOVEEE him! Such a SWEETHEART!), and Mark T. of ERD, (Very, very, honest, trustworthy, and responds to all questions almost instantly)

I would alo HIGHLY recommend a custom setting by Mark T of ERD, because the craftsmanship is superior, and you save by at least half!

Hope this answered all your questions!

Thanks so much EVERYONE,, for all the nice comments!
I TRULY am in LOVE with my E-Ring!!!! (and the man that gave me it!! Lol)

Chatterbox_101

Rough_Rock

Dvoted Mommy: thank you for replying so quickly. I spoke to Jon / GOG today and he is such a pleasure to talk to. I have a few videos on its way. I'm so excited. I can't wait. Btw, your setting looks exactly like the Perfect Halo from GOG. I couldn't tell the different and your you tube videos were so convincing.

DvotedMOMMY

Rough_Rock

Chatterbox_101|1290239394|2773840 said:
Dvoted Mommy: thank you for replying so quickly. I spoke to Jon / GOG today and he is such a pleasure to talk to. I have a few videos on its way. I'm so excited. I can't wait. Btw, your setting looks exactly like the Perfect Halo from GOG. I couldn't tell the different and your you tube videos were so convincing.

OHHH!! I'm glad to hear!! So are you in the market for a AVC?? They are to DIE for!! I mean, I can't help wonder how much bigger of a stone I would have gotten with going with Mark, (as the AVC's are a bit higher, I mean come on, they are SIGNATURE!! :0) )
But I LOVE my AVC! What I couldn't capture in pictures, is the beautiful, puffiness it has.. It has this plumpness about it that I just lovee, and in pictures, it always appears flat! Lol

Did you see the perfect halonin person?? I mean, I didn't, but I could clearly see that there is a bit more metal show than I liked. In the video of it on a womans hand, I could notice the halo diamonds were spaced out a bit, leaving metal show in-between. Other than that, I ADORED that ring! The basket shape was gorgeous!

Well, good luck with your search! Tell Jon I (DvotedMOMMY) Kim) said hello!
Can't wait to see your beautiful ring someday!!! :0)

Chatterbox_101

Rough_Rock

Dvoted Mommy: I'm hoping to see Jon the week after Thanksgiving. But unfortunately, they dont have anything with the color stone I want. The only one they have close to my criteria is a D color and it's $$$$$$. I so dont want to wait but they dont have any coming in in the near future. Decisions Decisions. I just had to give up a stone at ERD because I couldn't decide until I saw the AVC. ERD's prices are sooo competitive.

DvotedMOMMY

Rough_Rock

Chatterbox_101|1290267913|2773966 said:
Dvoted Mommy: I'm hoping to see Jon the week after Thanksgiving. But unfortunately, they dont have anything with the color stone I want. The only one they have close to my criteria is a D color and it's $$$$$$. I so dont want to wait but they dont have any coming in in the near future. Decisions Decisions. I just had to give up a stone at ERD because I couldn't decide until I saw the AVC. ERD's prices are sooo competitive.

Aweee!! That's sad to hear!! Jonathans not getting more in anytime soon? Why is that?? We got so lucky when we did with mine. We were about to purchase a 1.01ct G, it was a nice stone, but after watch some videos of him comparing color & size, within the same price zone, I even saw M's I fell in love with!! So I would immediately go search his stock, and never found anything under a H!! Lol
I guess being a antique cut, and the fact that there was no such thing as colorless diamonds way back in those days, it's more realistic for an antique cut to have warmth, so they are sort after much more in the AVC. (& I imagine getting twice the rock for the same price helps too!) lol

I mean, the good thing about the signature AVCs, are that they ARE cut for performance, not just for weight,, so either one you pick, you know they will never fall short in performance! So it's really on Color & Shape ratio that you have to decide on..

If I were you, I'd have Mark pull some in for you. Because he is in the Diamond building, he can just walk across the hall for them! Lol
Mark is labeled the "Cushion King"., he knows how to pick em! :0)
I will always wonder what he could have found me for what we paid.. I probably could of had close to a 1.50ct rock sitting on my finger!! Hahaha!
But in the end,, I'm a sucker for the AVC's!!

My only thing I'm down about, is that with GOG's awesome full value trade up, knowing that say in a few years we could upgrade to a bigger stone, and I'd really, ultimately like to have a G or H color,, BUTTTTT,,, my Custom halo setting makes that IMPOSSIBLE!!! :0( lol

So my ring is Forever! But actually,, I like that anyways.. When I sit and think, and realize that THIS is the diamond that my Fiancé surprised me with, THIS is the ring that we designed, and had CUSTOM, handmade, especially for me, that just seems so special.. It really would be a family heirloom! :0)

I still cannot beLIEVEEE the way this entire ring sparkles at times! (Especially on restaurants and WALMART's Electronics & Deli Areas!!! Hahaha... Those spot lights are magical!! :lol:

Anyways,, enough about my ring,,

I wish you the BEST of luck in finding the most BEAUTIFUL stone that you will just fall in love with!!

Can't wait to see it! You better come back and look for me, to let me know once you post it!! :0)

Good luck!! ;))

kinjal

Rough_Rock

devotedMOMMY: i love your ring, exactly what im looking to do

i know you ended up going with a K colored AVC for your center stone. can you explain what your thought process was, because i know you were initially thinking about a higher color. the reason im asking is because im looking for a stone at the moment. Budget is vs1 or 1.33i/vs2 stone. looking at gog, i noticed [url="http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/7804/.]http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/7804/..[/url]." 1.54k/vs2. what do you think of the stone? in your ring, can you see a difference in color between the center stone and the melee? your expertise would be appreciated, since i love your ring and you got a stone will similar ratings as this.

here is my current thread:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-me-choose-a-cushion-for-my-halo.156677/#post-2853450#p2853450']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-me-choose-a-cushion-for-my-halo.156677/#post-2853450#p2853450[/URL]

DvotedMOMMY

Rough_Rock

@Kinjal..

First of all, Thank you for the nice thoughts on my ring! :bigsmile:

Ok,, as far as the K color? My #1 thing to tell you to do,, as is what happened with me,, as I thought I wouldnt go past an H,, is to talk to Johnathan, of Good Old Gold,, if it IS an AVC your looking for. He actually took the time, and made me a personal color comparasion video with MY diamond I was interested,, and it was IN THE BAG after that!! SOLD!!! haha

Most of the time, I never see any color, or warmth in my bEAUTIFUL K AVC. Anytime I'm out, resturants, shopping, the lighting works magic on it!! it looks not only icy white, but the large cut facets of the AVC are like no other! You get BIG, BOLD, rainbow flashes,,, I cannot go out, without someone STOPPING me, to see and ask of my ring! They always say they've NEVER seen a diamond like it!

Now,, when do i see warmth?/ Sometimes in the house, with some ambient, natural light coming in,, or in the car while I'm driving, with sunlight coming through.. If the light is coming through the ring,, instead of reflecting off of it,, i will get a warmth,, not a yellow,, just like a slight difference then the melee,,, VERY slight,, but i actually like it! My melee is an I,, so there REALLY isnt too much of a difference,, if any, because you do not see any color diferences..

We too spent $7K,,, $5k for the AVC, $2k for the setting,,, (which dont quote Me on to Mark,, I think he gave me a mega deal!) LOL

But again,,, speak to Jonathan,, he is the GREATEST! He will SHOW you anything and everything you need to know! :)

Hope this helps!

Good Luck! ;-)

hellokitty6782

Shiny_Rock

Hi DvotedMommy, I think your cushion is gorgeous, and I love the ring, but I'm partial because i have a very similar halo ring myself by Leon Mege :)

Anyway, you mentioned you see big bold rainbows- can you explain what kind of lighting you see these colors in?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LOVE LOVE LOVE the contrast with the K!!!!!!!!Gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results