shape
carat
color
clarity

The slowest* PS’er gets her custom (Quest) reset done!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2008 12:46:20 AM
Author: sera
I had just read the thread in RT and realized I had missed your reply wayyy back then... sorry about that.

It looks gorgeous! It looks like everything came together so well (you had mentioned a concern about all the design elements that you wanted coming together well... that was one of my concerns as well). I think it looks great on you... great stand-alone ring! I'm so happy for you that it's done. It looks beautiful on you!
Thanks Sera! That's okay about the reply; I know the feeling. Sometimes I stumble upon a question someone asked me weeks before. But your feedback was very helpful to me in that thread. I remember (I think it was you!) you saying that the "nubs" as on the JadeLeaves ring would give it more texture, diamonds more sparkle, and holes would make it more delicate. Pete of course went with the holes, and he didn't want the nubs, and I must admit I think I might keep the holes, since it does give it a little more airy or lacy look - more delicate like you said.

Also I think I told you on that thread, one of my biggest fears about going custom was, "what if I wish that I had just bought a store-bought ring (which, while not being exactly what I wanted, at least would be a known entity)?" And that's what I am so pleased about, that Quest captured enough of the elements I wanted to make me very glad I went custom. Plus, getting the Fingermate shank right was crucial to that, and since it turned out well, it is much better than if I'd bought an off-the-shelf ring.

And thanks for the comment about "great stand-alone ring"! That's what I wanted, and it does feel substantial enough on its own, and very sparkly!!!

p.s. I look forward to seeing your ring when it's done!
p.p.s. I like your avatar!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2008 9:27:26 AM
Author: cwj
The way it turned out, It was worth the wait!!!! So so very pretty! I hope u enjoy it.
cwj
cwj, thanks so much!!

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! What a difference! It''s beautiful! I love the side view!!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
vespergirl, metro, & Sparkles22, thanks so much!! I appreciate it!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve taken zillions of shots; still not great at this photographing of diamonds, but I''ll try a few more:

DSCN7993 crop.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Another flower shot.

DSCN7982 crop.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
profile - prongs look much more dainty IRL. I actually wanted my center stone to sit up just a tad higher. I like to see as much of the side as possible. Pete said he could do that. I just have to decide whether it's worth it.

dscn7947 crop.jpg

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Hey OFG! What a drastic but fantastic change. I love it! It looks great on your hand too! Congrats on finaly getting your ring!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Another profile shot.

DSCN7985 crop.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I didn''t do a side view yet...

DSCN7991 crop.jpg

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2008 1:07:15 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl
profile - prongs look much more dainty IRL. I actually wanted my center stone to sit up just a tad higher. I like to see as much of the side as possible. Pete said he could do that. I just have to decide whether it''s worth it.
Wow that shot is amazing, the ring simply stunning, congrats
36.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2008 1:08:58 PM
Author: CrookedRock
Hey OFG! What a drastic but fantastic change. I love it! It looks great on your hand too! Congrats on finaly getting your ring!
Thanks, CrookedRock!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2008 3:20:54 PM
Author: diamondrnglover

profile - prongs look much more dainty IRL. I actually wanted my center stone to sit up just a tad higher. I like to see as much of the side as possible. Pete said he could do that. I just have to decide whether it''s worth it.
36.gif
Thanks, diamondrnglover! I never feel like my photos of my rings are that great, so I appreciate that!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Old-fashioned girl -- It''s lovely! Congrats. So glad that you are happy with your new setting!
36.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous diamond and setting! Congratulations on your reset!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Sparkalicious & thing2of2, Thanks so much!!

And Sparkalicious, I remember your encouragement (& prayer!) in my "need reassurance" thread! So thanks for both!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it looks beautiful!!!
9.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Skippy!!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring turned out beautiful
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is so beautiful! I love the profile! Blllaaahwh! I hate how I never seem to catch up when I go out of town. I am just seeing this now (sorry for my delayed excitement!!!!)

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
How did I miss this thread??? What a beautiful re-set! So icy, pristine and feminissima. I love it!
30.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/8/2008 10:07:30 PM
Author: pixley
How did I miss this thread??? What a beautiful re-set! So icy, pristine and feminissima. I love it!
30.gif
I was wondering the very same thing...how on Earth did I not see this before?
Gorgeous OFG, GORGEOUS! Wear it in good health!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! The profile shots are just beautiful.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Nice new shots.

Which avatar? The one I have now (muffins are just ugly cupcakes)? I don't remember which one I had on 3/25.
33.gif

I still have a bit over a month to wait.
32.gif

ETA: Oh, must have been the Easter avatar?

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I love your reset. Well done
36.gif

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2008 3:20:54 PM
Author: diamondrnglover

36.gif
Ditto! I love this shot too! It really shows off your setting which is fantastic! I really love it!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!! The profile is amazing
30.gif
. Personally I think it looks great the way it is (regarding center stone height), it all flows so well together.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2008 1:16:59 PM
Author: poshpepper
Gorgeous!!!! The profile is amazing
30.gif
. Personally I think it looks great the way it is (regarding center stone height), it all flows so well together.
ITA with Poshpepper...what a lovely reset!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, it was nice to come back to PS after my long hiatus and find more compliments! I know the feeling of "how did I miss this thread?!" Unfortunately at this moment I still don''t have time to answer individually but I will try tomorrow. But thanks very much everyone!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
At long last I am going to try to reply to some of you.

Date: 4/8/2008 8:55:24 AM
Author: JadeLeaves
Your ring turned out beautiful
36.gif
Thanks, JL! Since your ring is one of the prettiest on PS, I appreciate the compliment from you! I wish my ring had all the lovely detail yours does!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results