shape
carat
color
clarity

The little Radiant that could...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
...and...for those who liked the flower...

Allamanda and diamond2.jpg

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Nicrez, congratz!
appl.gif

*whistle* That is one blindingly gorgeous diamond!!! Lovely romantic proposal at a memorable holiday destination.
9.gif

p.s. ring size pls
1.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Oops! Sorry...ring size 5.25
9.gif

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
How on earth did I miss this thread before????
confused.gif

Congratulations, to both of you! That is one huge chuck of ice on your finger!
love.gif
It looks amazing & your proposal story was so cute! It was worth the wait!

I'm so glad you had a good time in St. Thomas/USVI. Considering the event that took place, it would have been impossible to not have an incredible time. That place is magical.

What a story! I'm so happy for you!
appl.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Verrrryyy cool cracked glass look! I'm not sure I've seen many radiants in person -- yours is really beautiful!
9.gif

thanks for the add'l pics
3.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Ok, now I am getting itchy, and wondering who can create the setting for my ring....My jeweler is making me nervous by not calling me and letting me see a wax of a similar look...

Anyone have a good custom jeweler in NYC? Does anyone think I could get a good wax setting created and a patient jeweler to do all this (take pictures) and help me get my very very simple setting done ON-LINE?! I wanted someone close, so I can see it in stages, but I don't think my jeweler even does it himself, but has someone do it for him...HELP!!!

Here's what it would look like (which I took from an older thread), but the bottm would be smooth, and the whole ring would be a touch thinner and more delicate, of course the prongs would be lower and closer shaved to the stone... ANYONE?!

NR draft setting pic.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoever made the respective cushion diamond ring for GOG did it quite well (pics on show me the ring, bu Cushionsearcher) showing it. maybe Jonathan will share the secret source ?
rolleyes.gif

Mark Morell just made a wax on a look-alike piece...

I'm rather far away fron NY and the one jeweler I know in the US (Jewelryexpert) is not near you.

That little rad deserves a glamorous future
3.gif

usernametaken

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring. Now I need to come up with something creative to put mine in and snap some more photos. That flower shot is great.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Check out that recent custom designer thread, Nic.

I love MM and LM's work from what I have seen. Depends on your budget too.

WhiteFlash also has an in-house designer, Mr. Le...who does custom pieces (he did mine).

There are lots of options! GOG does custom as well, they just did the cushion gal's ring. And it's beautiful! Love the pave.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I can't find that ring...Where is it?!

I did a search on CushionSearcher and got some posts, but no pics!!! Waaaaaa...

I guess the budget is $1500 and under. I would feel awful to make it much more, considering it's so darned simple! Platinum of course and it would be fairly thin, but not as thin as my current temp setting...

Also, I got an idea from a friend to consider putting two tiny (ACA maybe) burnished stones on either side on the stone within the band to sparkle it up...again, I wouldn't want to go tacky instead of simple, so I would want to see a wax with them and without them...

Thanks for the options Mara and Ana...

cushionsearcher

Rough_Rock
Hi Nicrez,

Best Wishes on your engagement and your radiant is gorgeous!! I did get my cushion set into a band that GOG made for me. There are pictures in this thread https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-have-my-very-own-cushion.14185/

I don't know if they actually do the work there or if they send it off to someone, I never actually spoke to the 'designer' but we definitely got what we were looking for and I think they made us a great looking ring for around $950. Let me know if you have any questions and Congratulations!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Was the ring custom made and did they make a wax for you? I am seeing so many people with waxes made for their ring, and I don't have too many jewelers here that I trust to make my ring the way I like in quality and delicateness, without trying to design it according to their taste. Yesterday a lady told me it HAD to have a shoulder, or else it would look odd. I don't think so...UGH! Ok, had to vent, so if anyone has any more designers, PLEASE let me know!!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
What do you think about this one?
a16_200.jpg

It's custom made by Linda Penwarden from Toronto.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Her work is just awesome,
10.gif
Leonid!

LINK

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Leonid! She looks like a great designer! I contacted her, so let's see what happens! She also had this lovely that I was interested in. What do you guys think? I know it's a bit think, and less delicate than I first wanted, but I am considering the lovely (2.5tcw) shared prong eternity ring that will later be placed next to it!
naughty.gif
3.gif
THANK YOU GUYS!!!

radiant bezel ring.jpg

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Leonid, that ring design is awesome! Does she have a website? oops, didn't scroll down far enough, never mind.
10.gif

cushionsearcher

Rough_Rock
I don't know if my ring was technically 'custom made' (perhaps Rhino could answer that). I know that it was made for me based on what I was looking for. They ordered a standard 2mm comfort fit band and then put the diamonds into them halfway around the ring. There was definitely no wax made, but my "design" was very basic and simple and as I said I didn't really 'work with a designer' - I just told Jonathan and AMy what I was looking ofr, showed them a picture or two and they made the ring for me. I'm not really sure what they do in terms of custom work, since mine was very basic, but I'm sure Rhino could tell you.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Ok, too many pictures, but for those who want to see what a classic radiant cut radiant looks like up close... (sorry it's so dark, but it's hard to get light when you are practically on TOP of the thing to get a close up!!!

Close up of cracked glass.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Oddly, the stone when out of focus shows some of the most amazing sparkles, so I did the out of focus to show that. In lower lighting it's absolutely nuts with colors and rainbows...

Blurred little sparkles.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
And here's as close a shot as I can get to being INSIDE a radiant. It's cracked glass effect is most evident in this shot.

Inside a radiant.jpg

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Wow Nic, I was noticing that the out of focus pics really show off sparkle, both white and color. Yours is blinding!! I was wondering how you got such well-lighted pics, my head seems to get in the way when I take pics and I can see a circle in the stone, I wasn't sure if this was considered a 'nailhead.' If nothing in the facet is 'circular' on the plot, why am I seeing a circle? I'll try to take one up close to show you what I mean. Are your last pics with a magnifying glass or loupe?

Colleen

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
These are lit from my bedroom's incandescent light, nice and close (1 foot or so away from it), but from the side, so it looks a bit more yellow than it is in real life. I can't use the overhead lighting as the same thing happens to me with the light being knocked out of the stone by my head!

The pictures I took are with various loupes, and manifications of my zoom. The facets of the radiant picture was taken with a 20x loupe, my zoom to about 4X and about 20 pictures of blurry shots and ONE lucky steady pic (as I am holding it)

For such stationary little guys, diamonds are tough to photograph with my camera... But I try...
rolleyes.gif
You should see the losers that never made it to prime time!

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
nicrez,
either of the rings that you are interested in are easily custom made in nyc. i generally make a wax model for my clients, for approval prior to casting in platinum. you can specify width, depth, height, the degree of graduation of the shank, etc. if you can communicate the details (which it sounds like you can), execution should be possible. the only thing you cannot do is rush.

the "u" set mounting is more forgiving...the "lucida" style prongless mounting is beautiful, but will exaggerate symmetry problems if they exist (if your opposing cut corners aren't parallel, or aren't the same length).

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
great cracked glass shots! and I love those settings...so many choices.....
21.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
As I posted before, I love your stone and I think I want a radiant for my 10 yr. Did you ever come across any square radiants? I like the perfect square but really think I prefer the cut of the radiant over princess...?

PS I think you're heading down a great path for the setting...these clean lines will show off the stone really well.

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Hey Nicrez! Any update on the permanent setting for your beauty!?

Colleen

jenny

Rough_Rock
You're ring is absolutely magnificent!! I like the setting the way it is, it make's the diamond look huge! so pretty!

anyway's my fiance had my radiant ring custom made from a jeweler in flander,nj. i think it's flander if i could find the card i'll let you know but, i think they did a great job and my ring looks very good!! it may not be as dainty as you would like but i used to live in toronto and i loved the linda penwarden ring that you picked out!! so maybe you'll like mine? who knows!!
http://pricescope.com/idealbb/view.asp?mode=viewtopic&topicID=5429&num=30&sessionID=F4427F7F916E421ABF71F1258DDADCF7&pageNo=9

my ring is on page 9 of the ering folder it's the 11th ring on the page!

purduephotog

Rough_Rock
Too wierd! I was just there.... and photographed my cousin's wedding at that little chapel on the top of the building.

I saw the first shot and said "Deja Vue!" or something similiar.

If you'd like any more 'copies' of that area, let me know- haha- I took 1500 photos
2.gif

They were wed on the 25th of May.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Absolutely breathtaking.
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

THANK YOU for sharing!

Lynn

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Nicrez, just caught this thread.

You mentioned your budget for custom, and I just went through this whole process myself. I can tell you that the "names" (often mentioned, but if you're not sure, PM me and I'll fill you in) were considerably expensive....and my setting was 2-tone. They came in over the budget you've mentioned.

I had my ring custom made by WF's bench person instead for less than half the cost and it's GORGEOUS. I think Brian did an excellent job taking the ideas I had and translating that into my setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results