shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your big solitaires (2.5 ct. and over) on size 4 to 4.5 fingers!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ms.Dreamy

Shiny_Rock
hello ladies, I would love to see how your really big soltaire rings look on small finger sizes.
please show me your rings!
36.gif

Ms.Dreamy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Lorelei!
There are so many beautiful rings in these threads!
30.gif

But sometimes I don''t know the finger sizes of the ladies wearing them and I''ll be really happy to get a comparision on how different big solitaires look on my finger size...
21.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/9/2008 9:00:32 AM
Author: Ms.Dreamy
Thanks, Lorelei!
There are so many beautiful rings in these threads!
30.gif

But sometimes I don''t know the finger sizes of the ladies wearing them and I''ll be really happy to get a comparision on how different big solitaires look on my finger size...
21.gif
In some of the pics, the posters often tell their ring sizes for comparison purposes, so there should be a few in there.
1.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Here''s mine... 2.73 with what appears to be a papercut!

Ringle1.jpg

francesfarmer

Rough_Rock
Bliss,
I know you''re thinking about changing your setting but I like it! Where is it from?

Ms.Dreamy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Phoenix, ManhattanLawyer and Bliss - your rings are soooo beautiful!
30.gif

Phoenix - is that the Tiffany Metro band with your e-ring? Do you have more pictures of that lovely rose gold band with or without the e-ring? That would be great! I looked at the tiffany metro in the store lately but it looked a little bit too thin (or at least to thin for the price
2.gif
) but your band looks so absolutely fabulous - I might be changing my mind...

golden

Shiny_Rock
Girls- oh my gorgeousness!

Bliss- What size ring do you wear?

Manhattan- I love the 4 prong setting, that is what I want!

Ms.Dreamy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/9/2008 1:26:11 PM
Author: golden
oh my gorgeousness! What size ring do you wear?

who? me or another lady? I''m a 4 in winter and a 4.5 in summer
3.gif
(I hate my finger size changing when it''s cold or hot - grrr!!!
11.gif
)

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, ladies!

Wow, I''m speechless at the rocks here. Gorgeous.

francesfarmer, thanks! Yes, I am debating upgrading (FI''s suggestion) or getting a custom setting. My setting is some acme plat setting a jeweler in Calif. made for FI. I''m pretty sure he cast it himself because it''s got huge prongs and the finish isn''t completely polished on them... sort of like he handcrafted it in a shoddy way. Crazy, I know!

golden, my finger size is about 4.5-4.75!

Buffy01

Shiny_Rock
Bliss I have to say that when I first saw your post of your ring, I thought it was a 3.5 ct, until you put the stats in, and I was like "No way". Your ring is huge for what the carat size is. Are you sure it''s not a 3.5ct. It is beautiful. I really really like your ring.

Buffy01

Shiny_Rock
P.s. bliss, don''t change the setting, it is fantabulous the way it is.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Buffy01, you are too kind. THANK YOU!!!!
35.gif

It's the monster prongs. I need to take a close up shot of these Godzilla prongs. I am convinced in some way that the Godzilla prongs are responsible for making it look bigger than it is!!!
31.gif
That and the cut. It sparkles, which will make the stone look bigger.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Buffy01 -- I am just now seeing your Calling Bliss thread!

Thank you SO MUCH!!!!! I totally don''t know how I missed it. But I wanted to tell you that your doggie Angel is TOO CUTE!!! That is my favorite thread of all time and your pic is my Favorite Pic of All Time. What a sweetie your rottie is! I just can''t believe you got her to sit still for that one! The expression on her face is So Priceless. Just peeking out. The love in her eyes is oozy like chocolate chip cookies!!!!

Congrats on YOUR gorgeous bling. It is amazing. And your doggie is sooooooo purdy!
36.gif

Buffy01

Shiny_Rock
Hey Bliss, I am happy you found the calling bliss topic, I just wanted to make sure you knew how much I love your ring, and thank you for the compliment on Angel-dog. WE call him that. He is an awesome dog for a rottie, and it is a shame that they get a bad rep. He did though get some extra treats for all that he did for me in that pic.
35.gif

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
Wow, great solitaires. I wonder how long I have to be married before I can upgrade to 2.5+
31.gif

Ms.Dreamy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/9/2008 1:55:32 PM
Author: Bliss
Thanks, ladies!

Wow, I''m speechless at the rocks here. Gorgeous.

francesfarmer, thanks! Yes, I am debating upgrading (FI''s suggestion) or getting a custom setting. My setting is some acme plat setting a jeweler in Calif. made for FI. I''m pretty sure he cast it himself because it''s got huge prongs and the finish isn''t completely polished on them... sort of like he handcrafted it in a shoddy way. Crazy, I know!

golden, my finger size is about 4.5-4.75!

Bliss, your stone is gorgeous - but if you are not 100% happy with the setting, go to a jeweller you can trust and get the perfect setting for your perfect stone!
Do you have any side view pictures of your ring?
Do you like the tiffany setting? That type of setting would look fabulous with your stone - or a more rounded "basket" setting (don''t know how to describe it) - this makes the stone looks even bigger.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/9/2008 12:20:49 PM
Author: francesfarmer
Phoenix,
I love your setting! Do you mind sharing where it is from?
Thank you.

Thank you for yr compliment! My setting is from a local setter, it''s a Tiffany repro.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/9/2008 1:24:15 PM
Thanks, Phoenix, ManhattanLawyer and Bliss - your rings are soooo beautiful!
30.gif

Phoenix - is that the Tiffany Metro band with your e-ring? Do you have more pictures of that lovely rose gold band with or without the e-ring? That would be great! I looked at the tiffany metro in the store lately but it looked a little bit too thin (or at least to thin for the price
2.gif
) but your band looks so absolutely fabulous - I might be changing my mind...
Thanks, Ms Dreamy, for your compliment on both the e-ring and the Tiffany Metro band (and yes, it is the Tiffany Metro). The band *IS* very delicate, very thin and I find myself not wearing it so often for fear of damaging it (most of the time, I wear my e-ring with my other eternity band - shown in the first pic). But it is absolutely gorgeous, in fact it looks much better IRL.

If you want it and don't plan on wearing it everyday, i'd say go for it!!
2.gif
11.gif
1.gif

Here are some more pictures, as requested...

IMGP2274.JPG

Ms.Dreamy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks a lot, Phoenix!
It looks awesome with your e-ring!
30.gif

hm, why do you think I should get it if I don''t wanna wear it daily? - do you think it IS very fragile? (It does look bigger in your pictures that IRL!)
I had a look at it in the store an I was like "whaaaaat - that thin???!? (and you want so much money for it?????
8.gif
)" Then I tried on the Novo - which looked way less fragile.
Hm, tough decision - which one would you chose? (or 3rd possibility: get one custom made - I''ve searched in many jewellery stores for rose gold eternities but found none (wait, thats not true - I found a half-eternity and ordered it immediately
31.gif
, but I am still looking for a thin full eternity (don''t want to buy online))

Another question: Is your knife edge setting as thin as the original tiffany''s? I looked at the knife edge band too the other day in the tiffany''s store but it looked too thin on me
33.gif
but in your pic and others it always looks so good! (maybe it was just the lighting in the store and my swollen fingers that day because of the heat - my finger looked like a sausage with the thin knife edge band
39.gif
(and I''m saying that while I usually love my fingers and they are very thin)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/10/2008 10:04:14 AM
Thanks a lot, Phoenix!
It looks awesome with your e-ring!
30.gif

hm, why do you think I should get it if I don''t wanna wear it daily? - do you think it IS very fragile? (It does look bigger in your pictures that IRL!)
I had a look at it in the store an I was like ''whaaaaat - that thin???!? (and you want so much money for it?????
8.gif
)'' Then I tried on the Novo - which looked way less fragile.
Hm, tough decision - which one would you chose? (or 3rd possibility: get one custom made - I''ve searched in many jewellery stores for rose gold eternities but found none (wait, thats not true - I found a half-eternity and ordered it immediately
31.gif
, but I am still looking for a thin full eternity (don''t want to buy online))

Another question: Is your knife edge setting as thin as the original tiffany''s? I looked at the knife edge band too the other day in the tiffany''s store but it looked too thin on me
33.gif
but in your pic and others it always looks so good! (maybe it was just the lighting in the store and my swollen fingers that day because of the heat - my finger looked like a sausage with the thin knife edge band
39.gif
(and I''m saying that while I usually love my fingers and they are very thin)
You''re very welcome!

I just think that it is sooo thin that if you wear it every day you might damage it. It really is very thin. I remember reading somewhere (I am sure on PS, he he) that it is something like 1.5mm. I do like the Novo too, but I already have 2 other eternity bands, one in WG and one in platinum that I decided I would like one in rose gold, just something different. I personally prefer full eternity to half - no particular reason, just prefer the look of the full eternity. I would certainly buy online, LM has some beautiful ones. Signed Pieces is another fave here on PS. Oh btw, not to make it more complicated for you, but Cartier has one for abt US$3k or maybe a little over (I can''t remember exactly how much, but I do remember thinking, oh, that''s not bad for a Cartier!).

My knife edge I think is thinner than the origninal Tiffany''s, which IMO, is rather thick. Oh btw, I *hate* my fingers!! They''re short and stubby for an Asian''s. Most of the time in colder climate it is 4.25 but when it gets really hot and humid, it is more like 4.5-4.75. Now that I''ve put on weight, my e-ring is especially tight. I am jealous of people with thin long slender fingers!! (jealous but happy for them
1.gif
).

Ms.Dreamy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/10/2008 10:13:20 AM

You''re very welcome!

I just think that it is sooo thin that if you wear it every day you might damage it. It really is very thin. I remember reading somewhere (I am sure on PS, he he) that it is something like 1.5mm. I do like the Novo too, but I already have 2 other eternity bands, one in WG and one in platinum that I decided I would like one in rose gold, just something different. I personally prefer full eternity to half - no particular reason, just prefer the look of the full eternity. I would certainly buy online, LM has some beautiful ones. Signed Pieces is another fave here on PS. Oh btw, not to make it more complicated for you, but Cartier has one for abt US$3k or maybe a little over (I can''t remember exactly how much, but I do remember thinking, oh, that''s not bad for a Cartier!).

My knife edge I think is thinner than the origninal Tiffany''s, which IMO, is rather thick. Oh btw, I *hate* my fingers!! They''re short and stubby for an Asian''s. Most of the time in colder climate it is 4.25 but when it gets really hot and humid, it is more like 4.5-4.75. Now that I''ve put on weight, my e-ring is especially tight. I am jealous of people with thin long slender fingers!! (jealous but happy for them
1.gif
).

sorry for asking more quesions, but you''re such a great help!
1.gif

so, your solitaire band is even thinner that the tiffany knife edge wedding band? (I''m not sure if the wedding band is thinner as the solitaire band - maybe you know that?)

oh, I love cartier - I''ll have a look there when I''m in the store the next time. thanks for the info!

hey, your fingers look great! really! your solitaire and the metro together are so elegant on you! As I said, I have slender fingers and the knife edge looked terrible on me the other day
39.gif
- on you it looks to fall in love with
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results