shape
carat
color
clarity

Regret?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Webster''s needs to revise their dictionary to include "upgrade" as a synonym of "regret."

I didn''t choose my setting; I left it up to my DH and I think he did a fabulous job, but there are times when I''m wandering around PS that I get very tempted by some of the "bling-ier" settings here. A halo around my diamond, for instance, or sidestones to match my wedding band...but then I remember I have a whole other hand for which I plan on creating the ring of my wildest dreams, lol! (fyi: EC 2ct emerald w/halo set in plat.) Mmm hmm, I''m a dreamer!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2006 10:22:05 PM
Author: icekid

Date: 4/13/2006 10:17:54 PM
Author: fountainfairfax
I have serious regret all the time and would offer a word of caution to anyone going the custom route....my jeweler did a great job but I totally regret the decisions I made, almost $3,000 later and I wish I had a totally different ring
8.gif
oh no! why don''t you love your ring anymore? I think it''s beautiful!!

for me- no regrets on the ornate setting, b/c I think when I get a new ring (someday!) it will be a big simple solitaire! hehe
1.gif
Thanks for the sweet compliment, icekid. My regret is that I didn''t follow my heart and original plan and go for something "antiquey" ala Richard Landi or Sheldon Speyer. BF felt they were too grandma-like and with the very thin girdle we went the custom bezel route.....in the future you will probably see my omc in a vintage style setting and a nice cushion sapphire in my current setting (or at the very least, I may add milgraining and engraving to my current setting....)

and I think a little subconsciously I''m a little hurt that NO ONE outside of PS ever compliments or acknowledges my ring, even though that''s silly and most of the time I don''t give a hoot!

momothree

Shiny_Rock
I want to second what Icekid said. I just looked up your ring b/c I was curious and it is stunning!!!! If you do decide to go vintage, I love the idea of putting a cushion cut sapphire in there. That setting is way too pretty to waste!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
The only regret I have is that I didn''t stand my ground about getting a simple soliaire setting in the beginning.
I suggested we do the diamond first, then look for a setting down the road.
I wanted to wait and take time to decide.
As it was, I felt pressured and I just finally picked something that was OK.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Headlight! I love your post! Thank you! I thought I was the Queen of resetting and that I was weird. I had so many regrets on my other rings, and almost aplogized all over for my 3rd setting. Good to know, by the looks of this thread, that I''m not alone. It''s like my shoes...I don''t NEED 12 different styles of black shoes, but I can find 12 excellent reasons for having them, and multiple occasions to wear them.

Ahh women, we are a fickle bunch sometimes.

that said, I''m in heaven over my new setting....j''adore!

Jeannine aka J9 (because its shorter & the last four letters of my name spells 9)

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, but what about envy the OTHER way?
30.gif
I see different styles on PS and want to change all the time!

I opted for a simple solitaire in the beginning because I get tired of "stylish" things VERY fast. I knew that if I had to wear something every single day, it would have to be classic.

Don't get me wrong.
31.gif
I do love love love my ring.
But I often want MORE style sometimes. Surprise diamonds, side stones... you name it!
When I want more jazz, I wear the eternity band with it.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
fountain, I looked up your ring, and i too am shocked no one ever comments on it. It''s GORGEOUS! I really like it a lot.

I have noticed that not many people comment on my ring(s) (any of the three settings) except a girl who sat next to me in a class when I just had my e-ring in a simple thin solitaire.

go figure.

Its diamond ADD and I''m going to follow a previous posters suggestion and just get some fun sets in cz to use when I travel & feel like wearing something different. Diamonique anyone? LOL.... and I think my right hand will get a OMC or OEC in 5 or 10 years...round brilliant, on a thin airy setting..total opposite of my weddingi ring....

Jeannine

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results