shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of my Asscher E-Ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a VERY pretty and special ring!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful ring!!! It is intricately detailed without taking away from the stone AT ALL (a fine balance that is very, very difficult to strike with an asscher, IMO). I''ve never seen anything quite like it! It''s almost like there''s a milgrained itty bitty little halo around the stone....a very cool effect and nice contrast against the straight lines of the asscher. I love all the diamonds in the shank and basket. It''s such a feminine, elegant piece! You did a wonderful job and you have excellent taste!

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
Wow, y'all are making me blush. Thank you so much for all the kind words. I can't even imagine how this search would have gone if I wasn't armed and supported with all the useful and random details discussed here. Even though I LOVE the ring regardless, its still nice to hear all your nice opinions of it. After wearing it for about 2 weeks, its starting to feel 'normal' on my hand, but I can't take my eyes off it and keep getting busted gazing at it at random times gazing!
30.gif

I never thought I'd pick such a feminine, detailed or blingy ring. I'm a simple/practical kinda girl and started out looking at so many that were simpler but similar (1/2 melee side stones, double prongs). But when my fiancee took a special interest in this one (he hadn't had a strong opinion on any of the others), I considered it more seriously and his interest proved to be the tiebreaker between it and other 1/2 eternity bands that always get discussed here. The scroll under the basket and the diamonds on the side of the basket are such nice little surprises. I didn't know I'd be attracted to someting so pretty and blingy, but I hope its not over the top or too cocktail ring-y.

When we picked out the setting, I didn't realize there was a small miligrain halo around the basket, but I loved the milligrain down the shanks. I like the detail, but when I look at the halo too closely there's something I don't like about it that I can't put my finger on (I think I liked seeing the 'edge' of the diamond against my fingers rather than the halo). But I'm sure I can forget about that with time (and it does make it look bigger!).

And I kinda laugh now that I worried about getting a 1.29 E when I also looked at 1.6ish H's that were in the budget. While the loose stone looked smaller, now that its set and on my hand it seems much bigger to me. And now I think a larger stone might have made it too blingy...thankfully, I don't have DS yet! And I was also worried that my pudgy fingers would make the 1.29 look smaller!

For the band, I will either buy the matching 1/2 melee band from Saturn, or I'm thinking about trying on plain platinum bands to see how that looks.

I'm happy to take more photos (this Nikon makes it SO easy), but my creativity has left me...any requests or suggestions? And pic 6 is my favorite so far, even though it doesnt exactly show it all. After I took the photo of the ring on the Rosemary stalk, it made my hand smell wonderful! If only more things were blooming in this 95 degree Atlanta weather!

Thanks again for all your kind words!
36.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love it!!!!!
30.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! I love the setting. It looks huge too! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
36.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
oh so very very very lovely.....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Stunning! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Great ring. Love that antiquey setting.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous ring! I love the setting and how it highlights the steps in the stone! Very lovely, thanks for sharing!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful...it does look HUGE and that setting is perfect!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
what a beautiful asscher

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
The macro mode on the camera sure shows you how dirty your house is! I took a few more photos...and will be on the lookout for more creative photo ops (after I clean a few key windowsills in the house!).

DSCN0880.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
kewl
congrates!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
just saw the new pics...beautiful..

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it is gorgeous!! Congrats!

genette

Shiny_Rock
wow very beautiful. love the stone love the setting love everything...CONGRATULATIONS

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! You have a stunning, unique ring!
30.gif
I really like the milgrain border around the asscher. And of course, that asscher is beautiful! Congratulations!

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, congratulations on the engagement!!!!!!
36.gif

Your ring is absoutely beautiful!

Your photo shots are fabulous. You said you used a nikon on macro. did you use and ipod? what are you setting the camera on? I gave a olympus 6.0 megapix, with 10x zoom, and i can''t get a shot as clear as yours......

tmdblue

Rough_Rock
That asscher is simply stunning and the setting is wonderfully ornate. Congratulations on your engagement!
face1.gif

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
Eva17 - All I use on my camera is a ''scene'' called "close-up". The camera has some really neat ''scenes'' that are preset for certain conditions. For closeup, it zooms just a bit, and uses macro/flower icon, then all i do is take the closest shot i can without it telling me that its out of focus. Super, super easy. I need to figure out some new locations to take more photos!

And thanks to everyone else for all the kind words...I''m so happy living with this ring now - I just got my SI US and am turning a little obsessive compulsive about cleaning it every 3rd day or so :) Its still a little bit tight on me, but I said I''d live with this for awhile to see if my fingers are chubby due to the super hot ATL summer, or if I need to get it bumped another 1/4 size.

35.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! That is a beautiful stone and the setting really compliments it. I love the detail under the stone visible in profile. Yum!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know why I didn''t respond to this post before...That is a LOVELY ring. I love the stone and that setting is fabooooo!

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
A new one in the petunias!

DSCN0938.jpg

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
wOW! Gorgeous ring!! drooool worthy for sure!

You also take amazing pictures, do share your techniques.

Congrats!

jeannine

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results