shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My recut/reset heirloom Aquamarine.

ajl

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations- it turned out perfect!!! And by that I mean that EVERYTHING about it is perfect.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Oh Ellen! It is just beautiful. I don''t even know where to start! I''m so glad you followed your heart and recut the stone. It is just gorgeous! And that setting is really really really perfect for an elongated stone. I love everything about it. When I was reading your story I was thinking, "Please have double prongs. Please have double prongs." Now that I see the single prongs I think it is the perfect choice for your stone! The width is perfect the ''claw'' is perfect. Whoops...I guess my prong fetish is showing a little.
41.gif
Anyway, enjoy your new piece. It is truly beautiful!

secondhandnews

Shiny_Rock
Oh, Ellen!!! I''ve always thought aquas were nice. I love the personality of this aqua. I''m really glad you had it recut and reset. Now you can enjoy truly enjoy it!!! And so can we because the photos are beautiful.

RoseRed

Shiny_Rock
I''m checking back in Ellen ''cause I had to save just about *every* gorgeous pic to my wish file.

The DH was still wiping the sleep from his eyes when I dragged him to the computer and told
him to " Focus, man! Your coffee can wait!!" Needless to say, even coffee-less the DH was
very impressed. So, we are officially saving the pennies for a Leon!
emsmile.gif

I can''t get over how perfect the ring is...And really, Ellen, your photog skills are legend!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/3/2008 12:30:07 PM
Author: RoseRed
I''m checking back in Ellen ''cause I had to save just about *every* gorgeous pic to my wish file.

The DH was still wiping the sleep from his eyes when I dragged him to the computer and told
him to '' Focus, man! Your coffee can wait!!'' Needless to say, even coffee-less the DH was
very impressed. So, we are officially saving the pennies for a Leon!
emsmile.gif

I can''t get over how perfect the ring is...And really, Ellen, your photog skills are legend!
I keep telling her that, she really is talented!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Many thanks to you all!

Harriet
, your secret keeping days are over. You relieved??
9.gif

Tacori, I will, thank you! And if your av gets any cuter I shan''t be able to take it.
2.gif

Miss 7''s, you''re killing me here.
9.gif
Thanks, and I tried REALLY hard to capture the stone, but we all know, it''s not truly possible. But I did get some good moods!

Linda, yes, this was the "somefing" I was up to. Aren''t heirlooms just the best?
2.gif

Alj, another one of my "shoulders", thank you for everything. And you raised a point I totally forgot to mention. When Richard said it could be a square, I immediately thought ASSCHER! We all know how I love them. However, he felt (and maybe it''s just a personal opinion, I don''t know) that, that cut was not suitable for an Aqua. I''ll spare the explanation, but suffice it to say, I really was momentarily dissapointed. But, that''s over.
9.gif
And thank you for that vote on the water pic, I loved those!

ajl, thank you!

Miranda, nope, doubles would not have looked right on this. I had a feeling they would be singles, as an Emerald cut has a much narrower corner than an Asscher cut has. It''s perfect though!

second, thank you, I''m glad you enjoyed the pics!

Rose, you are hysterical!!
9.gif
I could even envision your poor hubby being dragged to a computer screen, while wistfully looking back at his coffee cup!
lol.gif
Glad I could help...
27.gif
Can''t wait to see what you end up with! And gosh, thank you for the picture compliment, I''m turning all shades of red here.
emembarrassed.gif

And thank you too Miss Lorelei!
5.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to come back and look again, sniff.
39.gif

Oh Miss Ellen, that ring would go perfectly with my aqua pendant! Would you like to share???

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 12:50:15 PM
Author: Ellen

Miss 7''s, you''re killing me here.
9.gif
Thanks, and I tried REALLY hard to capture the stone, but we all know, it''s not truly possible. But I did get some good moods!
Well, I don''t know how much better a job you could have done because the photos turned out simply fabulous. Good moods indeed! I honestly think you could run jewelery ads, you just have that skill!

I wanted to ask too, did you get any other cuts out of the original stone, it was quite large! And I noticed some pretty sparkles in the original setting too! Any plans!
31.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Ellen, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
30.gif
30.gif
It is absolutely stunning. The recut is just gorgeous for this stone and what can I say about a Leon setting that hasn't already been said?? It is absolute perfection, a true masterpiece. Your grandmother would love it. Enjoy and wear it in good health!!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ellen. I came upon this thread way too late, for that I apologize. The picture you displayed with your grandmother's rocking chair was touching and I am glad that you are now going to be able to have her closer to you when you wear the ring. It turned out so beautiful, such a beautiful aqua indeed!

Mrs. Smitty

Rough_Rock
I am speechless! Your ring is absolutely to die for!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know I absolutely love it!!! So happy for you Miss Ellen!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks you guys!

SDL
, you didn''t really miss it, I just posted this morning!

Catmom, now you''re talking, I could definitely share with you.
2.gif

Miss 7''s, thank you!! You are a sweetie.
2.gif
I never asked where the rest of it went, I imagine it was ground away. As for the old setting, no plans. I would never be able to use it, as I don''t want a stone that big. Not sure what I''ll do with it, though I won''t just get rid of it.

curly, omie and Mrs. Smitty, thank you all! And omie, yes, she is very close to me now.
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 2:23:40 PM
Author: Kaleigh
You know I absolutely love it!!! So happy for you Miss Ellen!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
Thank you mam, for everything!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it dear friend!! I keep peeking at your fab pics of your beauty. hehe
3.gif
I promise not to stalk this thread anymore, maybe not. hehe
2.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love how beautiful and simple it is. The blue is a really pretty colour.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my that is stunning...I''ve always wanted a pretty Aquamarine, but that raised it to a new level!!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want that ring...seriously! it''s absolutely incredible - yay
36.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
wow. I love it!!!! It would go perfect with my aquamarine necklace at my wedding!!! Can I borrow it?? Heehee...
27.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Wow.

That may be the most amazing stone I have ever seen. It''s so mesmerizing.

What a special stone that is! And how lovely you wear it. Beautiful Beautiful!!!!!!! It is stunning. You have impeccable taste. Just incredible. It is so classy. If you wear it on a hot day, it would be cooling. It''s like a swimming pool on your finger. Congrats on a project well done!!!!
36.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Wowzers Ellen! The recut of your Aqua is so beautiful and refreshing ... I just want to swim in it!
3.gif

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
OMG its breathtaking!!!

Ellen, its gorgeous!!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, ellen. wow.

spectacular.

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Ellen,
Absolutely beautiful. The stone and setting are just gorgeous together. BTW, aquamarines are my birth stone so I am biased
1.gif
. But, seriously, this ring is breath-taking. Your grandmother would be so happy that this girl is still turning heads!

2danes

Shiny_Rock
Good Lord!
I actually didn''t know that you could recut a stone like that!
It''s completely STUNNING! I''m so happy for you that you had it done! I''m sure that your grandmother would be pleased that you are enjoying it! No matter what the shape (the new cut is to DIE for!)
I absolutely LOVE aquamarines, and actually inherited some from my grandmother as well. I had mine reset into a pendant and earrings... but your ring! Wow! So glorious!
Enjoy.

Annie

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Ellen, it is GORGEOUS!!! I love it, I want it!!!
Wear it in good health always, your grandmother would be so proud with what you have done
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I may be a little late, but I ADORE your ring, Ellen!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

This was quite a journey for you, and I am soooooo happy that you ended up with Leon because that setting is the perfect compliment for that very elegant and beautiful stone!!!
36.gif
I''d so love to have a ring like that!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks you guys!!

Addy,
it is a very pretty shade indeed. Actually lots of shades!

Freke, seriously, who knew?? I never imagined it would look this good. Never.

Violet, I''m sorry, but you can''t have it.
9.gif
2.gif
I''d LOVE to have a stone the color of your av though. One of my top fave colors!

tberube, lol! I thought the same thing when I saw your gorgeous pendant.
2.gif
But, no.
9.gif

bliss, thank you! Love the "swimming pool on my hand"!!

Love, po, rainy, Anita, thank you so much!
face23.gif

2danes, again, I had no clue, although with Richard cutting it, I knew it wouldn''t turn out badly, but, seriously. It''s like a piece of art work to me.

DD, I think she''d be as pleased and shocked as I am.

ds, the other pea, thank you for everything.
2.gif
Yes, you do know the journey, and I know you really can appreciate all this.
1.gif

aggiebling09

Shiny_Rock
Ellen, the new cut and setting are beatutiful and classic. I''m a very sentimental person myself, and i''m sure your grandmother would be happy that you are wearing it now. (i especially love sentiment of the rocking chair in the background)

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
It is stunning...absolutely amazing!
36.gif
I know it was such a hard decision to make such a drastic change but the fact you really, really love it and will now wear it and enjoy it makes it so-o-o-o-o worth it. I think it''s gorgeous!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results