carat
color
clarity

My Preloved "Divine Miss M" in a Victor Canera setting

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
RaiKai|1478359061|4094036 said:
So beautiful! I am happy she went to another PSer.

You truly have a stellar collection!

Aww thank you RaiKai. I don't wear my cushion much now. I may have to start thinning the herd! :lol:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bonfire, when you have a chance, would you mind telling us your thoughts of your F cushion and the M OEC? The color grades are so far apart. As an owner of an F, I would have expected you to really mind the color usually associated with the idea of an M. But you don't mind, it seems. Why? What are the differences you notice? What do you like and not like? Why? Any thoughts would be appreciated, if you don't mind sharing. If I'm being too nosy, it's ok. Just ignore my question. :wavey:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi LLJsmom :wavey: Are you kidding? Do I mind talking about diamonds? Baha ha!
I know you had an F MRB and struggled a bit with your OEC decision. Your stone is incredible btw! And I hope you are enjoying it.

Like I said, I wasn't looking for another stone or ring. I was content with my F antique cushion. DSS was a problem though :lol:
When JDDN posted her brand new ring, and I mean brand new. This falls into the "preloved" category but it wasn't worn except for taking pictures mostly. It came in pristine condition. When I saw the pictures I was blown away by how beautiful and WHITE it appeared. When I started conversations with JDDN color was my major focus. Yes, I was very concerned about M color. I always thought of myself as very color sensitive. JDDN assured me that it did not look yellow but was warm. I thought, what does that mean? I didn't want yellow or dingy looking. I had never seen any other old cuts other than my colorless cushion. My MRBs are all F,G,H. We talked back and forth quite a bit about this. Honestly I went back and read through several threads, yours being one. I just couldn't get over how oretty this ring was.
Soooo like I said, I took a leap of faith. JDDN was so wonderful. She offered me a 7 day examination period, which she didn't have to do.
Did I mention how much I like this lovely lady?! Anyway when it came and I opened the box, I steadied myself for disappointment. I'll never forget my very first impression. "Holy crap" this is stunning! This is an M?!!!! Of course I right away compared it to my cushion. The difference you see in the picture I posted is much more pronounced than irl. I was shocked that there wasn't a more obvious tint to the M.

And that's really it. Yes it is warmer. Now I "get it", there is a warm tint but I don't mind. It's not enough to notice in most all lighting conditions. The faceting is beautiful and the colors it flahes are amazing. It really out performs the cushion. She has a lot more "personality".
I hate to say I haven't worm my cushion since I got this ring. To me she's the total package, size being an important factor too :D
I don't regret for a second getting this ring. Maybe the fact that I have both a colorless and a warm stone gives me the option? I don't know, but I always reach for my Divine Miss M! :love: I you have any other questions please feel free to ask!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a beauty! Both of them!!!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1478367590|4094122 said:
Such a beauty! Both of them!!!

Hi tyty333 :wavey: Thank you so much!

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
Wow, this ring is just lovely.

I'm shocked (in a good way) by the M color. Thanks for posting the comparison with your F cushion. I consider myself color sensitive, and the tint in your M is just beautiful.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you lawmaLlama!

I think this picture better shows the color difference between these two stones F-M. You can see the difference for sure but the m also flashes big bold colors!
Sorry my picture turned sideways but you get the idea!

img_13441.jpg

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
It's really a nice warm color. And those prongs to boot!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You lucky girl!!! :appl: I also wondered who got JDDN's gorgeous ring! It was very, very tempting, that's for sure! I really appreciate all diamond colors in well cut antique diamonds. They are just beautiful regardless of color, especially in large sizes. You were very fortunate to get a great cut stone in a gorgeous new setting made by Victor, and it works great with your CVB band! I am very much in favor of multiple diamond e-rings over right hand rings, too! :lol:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a perfect ring and the pastels! whoa!!! congratulations!!! I love it.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1478380535|4094216 said:
You lucky girl!!! :appl: I also wondered who got JDDN's gorgeous ring! It was very, very tempting, that's for sure! I really appreciate all diamond colors in well cut antique diamonds. They are just beautiful regardless of color, especially in large sizes. You were very fortunate to get a great cut stone in a gorgeous new setting made by Victor, and it works great with your CVB band! I am very much in favor of multiple diamond e-rings over right hand rings, too! :lol:

Hi DS! :wavey: Thank you, I do feel lucky. The stone and setting combination was too much temptation to pass up! Thank You for your kind compliments.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1478386088|4094255 said:
This is a perfect ring and the pastels! whoa!!! congratulations!!! I love it.

Thank you Tekate! The pastels and rainbows are beautiful. That's what oecs are all about ;))

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bonfire, I'm sooo happy you love her so much!!! I've been off PS for a few weeks as we've had family in town, so I totally missed Divine Miss M's special unveiling 8) . She looks stunning on you and I'm so glad that you love her personality and her luscious warmth. She couldn't have gone to a more wonderful person ::) .

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much JDDN :wavey: I can't wait to see your beautiful new ring! :love:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bonfire - gorgeous ring! I love it with the french cut band. I too would be wary of an M despite having seen many pics on PS and I'm sure having the F there to compare it to set your mind at ease much more than looking at it in isolation would have.

Do you wear one on each hand and just dazzle everyone you meet with the power of your chunky light flashes???

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
A perfect match! :dance: It looks beautiful on you! :love: It sounds as if it was meant to be! Congratulations! :clap:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bonfire, if you ever decide there is no room in your life for the cushion anymore due to the jaw dropping beauty of Miss M, I'm calling first dips on any offering of sale!! WANT!!! :love:

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful Bonfire and such a great size :love:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE!!! And it looks great with your band too! :love: :love: :love:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex T|1480332118|4103079 said:
Bonfire, if you ever decide there is no room in your life for the cushion anymore due to the jaw dropping beauty of Miss M, I'm calling first dips on any offering of sale!! WANT!!! :love:

Thanks for the compliments Alex, I'll keep that in mind!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnyjay|1480333666|4103087 said:
It's beautiful Bonfire and such a great size :love:

Thanks Monnyjay, I really like the size too :D

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
soxfan|1480344365|4103106 said:
LOVE!!! And it looks great with your band too! :love: :love: :love:

Thanks soxfan! I love your new solitaire setting, it's beyond gorgeous! :love:

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
Bonfire|1478290188|4093795 said:
How does the saying go? Love finds you when you aren't looking. Well, I wasn't looking and bam! JDDN lists her brand new 2.81ct. M VS1 OEC in a Victor setting :love: It was even my ring size! The universe was telling me something. I have an antique cushion 1.84ct. F color so I wasn't sure about an M. With lots of correspondence back and forth with JDDN, who is an extremely sweet and lovely lady, I took a leap of faith. My first thought when I opened the box was "holy crap!! That's an M?" There is no yellow, but there is a warmth. It's hard to explain, but she is bright and lively and white facing in most situations. She is also a chameleon and takes on the colors of her surroundings and flashes rainbow colors! Yum! She really is prettier than my F cushion, not to mention the fact that I'm loving her size.
The Victor Canera setting is divine with single cut bright cut pave :appl:

So here is my "Divine Miss M". Thanks for looking!
Love this. Looks so elegant.

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
Bonfire|1478290188|4093795 said:
How does the saying go? Love finds you when you aren't looking. Well, I wasn't looking and bam! JDDN lists her brand new 2.81ct. M VS1 OEC in a Victor setting :love: It was even my ring size! The universe was telling me something. I have an antique cushion 1.84ct. F color so I wasn't sure about an M. With lots of correspondence back and forth with JDDN, who is an extremely sweet and lovely lady, I took a leap of faith. My first thought when I opened the box was "holy crap!! That's an M?" There is no yellow, but there is a warmth. It's hard to explain, but she is bright and lively and white facing in most situations. She is also a chameleon and takes on the colors of her surroundings and flashes rainbow colors! Yum! She really is prettier than my F cushion, not to mention the fact that I'm loving her size.
The Victor Canera setting is divine with single cut bright cut pave :appl:

So here is my "Divine Miss M". Thanks for looking!
Love this. Looks so elegant.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond and beautiful ring. Enjoy! :)

EllieTO

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Bonfire, this is a beautiful ring! Which setting is it? Do you have side view shots?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bonfire, this is a beautiful ring! Which setting is it? Do you have side view shots?
Check out this thread from @JDDN , the original thread with profile pics. Just contact Victor and ask him for the setting that @JDDN had.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0268.jpg
Hi starrysim! Yes, JJDN had this setting tweeked a bit. It is based on another ring Victor made but she had the profile lowered and added milgrain to the band of single cuts. This photo was taken by Victor and shows the profile quite well. Thank you for your compliment.

EllieTO

Shiny_Rock
Premium
IMG_0268.jpg
Hi starrysim! Yes, JJDN had this setting tweeked a bit. It is based on another ring Victor made but she had the profile lowered and added milgrain to the band of single cuts. This photo was taken by Victor and shows the profile quite well. Thank you for your compliment.

Thanks so much! It's stunning from all angles. I was actually hoping it had a flush stem. Not many settings like that out there, it seems like.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results