shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Tiffany Lucida Engagement Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2008 1:22:23 AM
Author: mb418
Bee*, I am sure your Lucida is gorgeous!
9.gif

Thank you!!

In terms of a wedding band, I got the 3mm lucida band. I think that I have a picture of the two of them together-I''ll try and find it.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s one that I had posted elsewhere-I love how they sit flush.

flushlucida3.jpg

mb418

Shiny_Rock
Bee*, your set is really nice on you! And definitely they fit perfectly together.
21.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! It looks even better when I tried on the diamond lucida band with the other two when I was in Tiffanys in January-the three of them were perfect together!

mb418

Shiny_Rock
Did you try on the 4mm band or the 5mm band? I am interested in getting the 4mm eternity band.
9.gif

Date: 6/23/2008 3:44:58 PM
Author: bee*
Thank you! It looks even better when I tried on the diamond lucida band with the other two when I was in Tiffanys in January-the three of them were perfect together!

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Very very pretty..
3.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love your Lucida!!!

Wanted to put my vote in for the Tiffany Novo wedding band. Do try it on at least before ordering the 4mm band. It would give you a delicate sparkle & be a nice contrast to the wide Lucida band! Especially on your tiny finger! I have a similar scale tapered e-ring band paired with a thinner wedding band and LOVE THAT LOOK!!! Also -- more room for stacking other bands with it later if you wish
31.gif

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!
I have always loved the Lucida rings. My set is inspired in part by the Lucida three stone!

When I read your stats I was amazed at how BIG that 1 carat looked, but then I saw how tiny your hands are!!! LUCKY!

I''m an 8 on a good day! 1 carat looks like a tic tac on me
9.gif

BIG Congrats!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2008 5:50:44 AM
Author: mb418
Did you try on the 4mm band or the 5mm band? I am interested in getting the 4mm eternity band.
9.gif

Date: 6/23/2008 3:44:58 PM

Author: bee*

I tried on the 4mm one also but I thought that it looked a bit wide in comparison to my e-ring band.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love it! It looks huge on your tiny finger! Congratulations on your engagement!

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, and the ring is beautiful. Here's a pic of someone's ring (who's ring is this again?) from the board with a thicker ering and thin wedding band. I think it looks great!

20198fgsdg.jpg

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
1237380ar500lxyn4.gif
I LOVE YOUR RING!. Congrats on the engagement and way that baby with pride.

mb418

Shiny_Rock
thanks so much for the picture!! I hope it didn''t take you long to find it.
36.gif

Date: 6/25/2008 8:09:12 PM
Author: blingergrrrl
Congrats, and the ring is beautiful. Here''s a pic of someone''s ring (who''s ring is this again?) from the board with a thicker ering and thin wedding band. I think it looks great!

mb418

Shiny_Rock
I always LOVE the thin band (a huge fan of Novo)..... so I hope I can find a way to combine the 2 looks together.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I think the Novo wedding band would look gorgeous with the Lucida e-ring.
30.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
..... it''s all been said already, but your ring is GORGEOUS!! You should be a hand model too!!!!!!!

mb418

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/30/2008 12:27:55 AM
Author: motownmama
..... it''s all been said already, but your ring is GORGEOUS!! You should be a hand model too!!!!!!!
Thanks motownmama! You are so kind!!!

I am gonna go to Tiffany on Saturday to try on wedding bands (both Lucida and Novo) and will probably try on the Novo engagement ring as well. :D

mb418

Shiny_Rock
Hello all, I have been *thinking* a lot and browsing on the Tiffany site all day long, and I came up with a couple of new ideas to go with the Lucida. *wink* They are all in my head because I have not seen them in real life yet. I am actually quite excited about this!! As all of you have suggested here (and on my other post about the novo engagement ring), maybe I can stack rings around the Lucida.
31.gif

I am really wanting to make the Lucida look unique and all my own. I love fashion and all thing unique after all, so before I settle for the matching look, I want to "design" a look for myself! My fiancee spent his time to pick out a ring for me afterall (A Tiffany Lucida, for crying out loud! I should have smacked myself!!
38.gif
), so I don''t think I should hurt him and change the ring in so short period of time! (hehe never say never though!)

This has become an exciting project!
9.gif
The only "challenge" is the Tiffany''s here are quite smalle, so are the selection of rings, so I hope they carry the styles that I wanted and get to try them all on!

Will most definitely most pictures here to keep you ladies posted!

13.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! Congratulations!

mb418

Shiny_Rock
I thought I would post more pictures ....
25.gif

I have a size 3.75 finger, and I might need to resize the size 4 band rings that Tiffany have (the smallest size they have). I really love the look of a full eternity band, but I was told that full eternity cannot be resized. Would you recommend me to just buy a size 4 (and wear it a bit lose), or buy the half-eternity band so I can resize it? (I presume that half-eternity bands can be resized??)

picresized_th_1215053775_001.jpg

mb418

Shiny_Rock
About the Lucida ......

In 1999 Tiffany & Co. introduced and started promoting Lucida?diamond cut. Lucida?was designed to target a new customer seeking a more contemporary look. The cut was launched in New York City in September 1999 at a gala party at the Sky Club, with a Tiffany Blue light show brightening the Manhattan skylight. For the evening's event, model Christy Turlington was chosen as the woman reflective the cut - classic yet contemporary. The worldwide launch was backed by an extensive advertising campaign highlighting not only the patented diamond cut but also the distinctive setting.

According to Tiffany it is reminiscent of the Asscher and antique cushion cuts. Termed a "modern classic" by Tiffany, the shape is a square mixed cut. It has 50 facets, a high crown, stepped facets, wide corners and a small table, with a deep pavilion. Using a combination of step cut and a brilliant faceting on the pavilion, the cut produces a contemporary version of the cushion. A special setting has been made to show-case the Lucida cut.

picresized_th_1215054539_003.jpg

mb418

Shiny_Rock
35.gif

picresized_th_1215055664_004.jpg

mb418

Shiny_Rock
Is there anyway to post more than one picture at a time???
8.gif

picresized_th_1215056416_008.jpg

mb418

Shiny_Rock
18.gif

picresized_th_1215056877_002.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful
30.gif
30.gif

cara

Ideal_Rock
Very very nice! And it looks huge on your hand!

You might be OK in a size 4 wedding band, if you wear it with your e-ring to keep it from coming off! And sometimes eternity bands can be tweaked a bit in size, either with sizing balls or something...

mb418

Shiny_Rock
I went to Tiffany to try on wedding bands today with my lovely fiancee! It was so much fun because the staff was so nice! He put A LOT of input in finding out my perfect wedding band that would go with the Lucida and would also fit my hand and smaller finger size. I tried on the Lucida matching band (nice!!) and the channel set thin band (both 2mm and 2.2m), which really match my e-ring as well, and other styles. The staff and I decided that those 2 styles match my Lucida the best, and he is going to order it in size 5 and then have to resize it down to 3.5. (I thought my e-ring was 3.75, but I found out today that it is actually a 3.5)

Although I really want to get a full eternity bands, but since the smallest size is 4, it doesn't fit nicely on my hand. So the staff recommended me to get a half band and size it down. I am really impressed in terms of him NOT trying to hard-sell me (or ignore me)
6.gif
. I have been to other Tiffany's where the staff would say "oh since you can't resize it, you might want to buy a bigger size. Or they will say it doesn't look that big" (when in fact it is quite loose), so they can sell me the full band, which costs more $$.

Also, he actually think the thinner band match my hand, so he told me he prefer the 2mm or 2.2mm (he will order both so I can try them on) over the half eternity Lucida band.

I have tried other styles, which have more sparkles
25.gif
(and probably more $$), but he told me his opinion that it didn't match my e-ring as nicely as the other ones . His manners really reflected that he did NOT want to just sell me any (expensive) ring but was really trying to find me the perfect band. I really appreciate it.
36.gif

I did try to wrap the e-ring with 2 thinner bands, but it just didn't work. Adding a band on top on the Lucida (as oppose to beneath it) didn't look good. So I will just get one great band instead! hehe

I also got something else today! (see another thread!)
30.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I just love your ring. It is simply beautiful!

I wanted to share with you a conversation I had with the guys at Quest jewelers. They told me that you can absolutely resize a full eternity band as they have a certain laser (sorry forgot the name) that allows them to do it. That''s the reason I decided to go ahead and redo my engagement ring with a full eternity band just like my wedding band. I am very pleased with the result and hopefully if at a future date it needs resizing there will not be a problem. I know Quest has a good reputation so I am trusting them on this.

Also, I was informed that you can take some metal off from the inside to allow some play that way. Up to a size difference so that''s another alternative. HTH.

Congrats on your engagement and wear it in happiness and good health!

Best wishes,
Missy

mb418

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 10:28:35 AM
Author: missy
Hi,

I just love your ring. It is simply beautiful!

I wanted to share with you a conversation I had with the guys at Quest jewelers. They told me that you can absolutely resize a full eternity band as they have a certain laser (sorry forgot the name) that allows them to do it. That''s the reason I decided to go ahead and redo my engagement ring with a full eternity band just like my wedding band. I am very pleased with the result and hopefully if at a future date it needs resizing there will not be a problem. I know Quest has a good reputation so I am trusting them on this.

Also, I was informed that you can take some metal off from the inside to allow some play that way. Up to a size difference so that''s another alternative. HTH.

Congrats on your engagement and wear it in happiness and good health!

Best wishes,
Missy
Hi Missy, thanks for the info!! I asked the guy in the shop, but he said he could only add a metal ring inside of the ring to make it smaller, but it won''t look good so he wouldn''t recommend that. I guess Tiffany doesn''t want to make an extra effort to do the resizing ....
8.gif
I live out of the states and am currently moving around so I don''t not know any local jewelers. I don''t want to take the risk of ruining the full band if the resizing is not properly done.

I really want to see your set. Must be a beauty!! Have you posted it here? Let me go check!
36.gif

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations MB!! This is what I was hoping for you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results