shape
carat
color
clarity

My 2.51 E VS1 upgrade in a Leon setting is here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snowflakeluvr

Shiny_Rock
it''s heavenly! congratulations on a stunning design. can''t wait to see pics with matching band...

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
wow its beautiful!!! congrats on your upgrade!!!

by the way im sooo jealous!! lol

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on the upgrade!
36.gif
The 1.6mm shank is perfect IMO- really makes the center pop! The crisp white color and size definetly will get you some attention
30.gif

Michi

Rough_Rock
Wow, so gorgeous! An E and a Leon - I''m very envious. I''m such a fan of Leon''s and your ring is spectacular!!! Congrats!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
WOW
30.gif

Really beautiful ring, you lucky thing!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW that might be my favorite Leon shank to date. What kind of pave/bead setting is that? It''s so lovely!!! Congrats!!! It''s just beautiful!

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
here''s a hand shot with the matching band.

dnring115.jpg

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
here''s another one.

dnring116.jpg

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
here''s one from the profile. sorry it''s a little dark.

dnring117.jpg

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/17/2008 2:10:03 AM
Author: Gypsy
WOW that might be my favorite Leon shank to date. What kind of pave/bead setting is that? It''s so lovely!!! Congrats!!! It''s just beautiful!
Thanks Gypsy!! I believe Leon referred to it as a ''V-shaped'' pave. Not sure if that''s his term or an industry term.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
That''s spectacular!! Beautiful stone and beautiful setting!!

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
SO Gorgeous! It looks absolutely amazing...the thin shank really makes the stone POP~! What a great way to show off that E VS1 beauty!

Enjoy your new ring and matching band. They make a perfect set. Really love the look!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh My Stars!!!!! I am soooooo in love with your rings!!!! They are stunning, delicate, gorgeous, and incredible!!! Please post more pics!!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
OMG, your new set is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love it!!! Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
perfection.
bowdown.gif

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Another totally dreamy Leon ring! That is one gorgeous diamond, and I love how it shines with the dainty, sparkly setting and band - it''s so beautiful
36.gif
So great that you were able to get it done in your timeframe, too -- enjoy!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I think I am in LOVE :) beautiful beautiful set *swooooon*

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all your many kind words! I actually haven''t worn the e-ring with the band yet (except to take the pictures). When I ordered these rings, one of my requests was that the pave diamonds are set in a way that their edges won''t scratch the adjacent ring. My original wedding band is a shared-prong tiffany eternity band and the diamonds scratched the setting of my original e-ring setting.

With this new band, the pave is set so that a thin edge of metal extends beyond the diamonds. However, the metal edge is so thin that I worry it''s not enough of a ''buffer'' and the diamonds will still be able to scratch the adjacent ring. Now this bothered me even with a non-Leon setting so I know it would devastate me if it happened to a Leon setting. So now I have these two wonderful new pieces of jewelry that was intended to be worn together but are just sitting there because I can''t bear to risk them scratching each other. I''ve been staring at the pave to see if it''s safe to wear together but honestly, the work is so fine and microscopic that I can''t tell with my naked eye!!! I don''t know what to do. And hopefully this all makes sense.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, another Leon masterpiece!! It''s GORGEOUS and as always has those perfect Leon claws. Congratulations!!
30.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Oh YUMMERS!!!!
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2008 8:26:46 AM
Author: diamondnut
With this new band, the pave is set so that a thin edge of metal extends beyond the diamonds. However, the metal edge is so thin that I worry it''s not enough of a ''buffer'' and the diamonds will still be able to scratch the adjacent ring. Now this bothered me even with a non-Leon setting so I know it would devastate me if it happened to a Leon setting. So now I have these two wonderful new pieces of jewelry that was intended to be worn together but are just sitting there because I can''t bear to risk them scratching each other. I''ve been staring at the pave to see if it''s safe to wear together but honestly, the work is so fine and microscopic that I can''t tell with my naked eye!!! I don''t know what to do. And hopefully this all makes sense.
Considering Leon created this set with your concern in mind, I''d trust his work, put them on, and enjoy.
2.gif

If by chance, there is wearing in the future, send them back and let him fix it. These are just TOO pretty to not be worn together.
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2008 9:01:53 AM
Author: Ellen
Date: 3/17/2008 8:26:46 AM

Author: diamondnut

Considering Leon created this set with your concern in mind, I''d trust his work, put them on, and enjoy.
2.gif

If by chance, there is wearing in the future, send them back and let him fix it. These are just TOO pretty to not be worn together.
30.gif

ditto!! if Leon knew you were planning to wear them together they should be okay. But, like ellen said, if there is a little wearing, which can happen even with metal on metal rings, just send it back to Leon for a touch up. your set is just STUNNING and absolutely perfect. one of my favorites now on PS for sure!!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
How much are they really going to scratch considering you have that gap?? I''m not sure I would worry to much espicially bc the are not totally rubbing together... They look fantastic together!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2008 9:07:34 AM
Author: mrssalvo

ditto!! if Leon knew you were planning to wear them together they should be okay. But, like ellen said, if there is a little wearing, which can happen even with metal on metal rings, just send it back to Leon for a touch up. your set is just STUNNING and absolutely perfect. one of my favorites now on PS for sure!!
And ditto to that!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are my new all time favorite on PS! Wow. Perfection.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!! I love the type of pave on the bands! I will be redoing my settings as well, and was torn between shared-prong and microp[ave - I think I''ll be going to Leon for something similar to yours! Can you please post more profile pictures of the basket? I think I like a 6-prong look for my stone, but I LOVE the 4 prongs on your huge, gorgeous diamond!

bem3231

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, so lovely! Your setting choice really made the most of Leon''s delicate detail work. I agree with others - if Leon gave you his ''blessing'' to wear them together then I would without hesitation.

That said, being an out-of-US Leon owner myself, I understand that it''s not a simple thing to just send them back to him to be fixed if need be. I''d wear them together for a month and then take out a loupe and see if anything bad seems to be happening, and then decide from there.

Congrats on your beautiful ring!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2008 9:18:21 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 3/17/2008 9:07:34 AM
Author: mrssalvo

And ditto to that!
thritto!!! It is so beautiful, I for sure love diamonds around the band, YUM!
3.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Wow. That''s a stunning ring!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
OMG what a beautiful set! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the thin bands and what a stone!!
30.gif
30.gif

CONGRATS!! (Adding to my favorites pile)
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results