shape
carat
color
clarity

My 1.148 RB in BGD''s Grace setting - attempt 2

tigian

Ideal_Rock
The setting looks perfect! Can''t wait to see it with your band. Tomorrow is the big day!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
wsblue - Thanks, I can't wait to see the ring!

Dreamer_d - So you know what he says to me tonight when I say "how's the ring?" "OH **#@, I totally forgot." I said "WHAT????" and he said "just kidding, it's right here."
38.gif

marcyc and princessplease - thank you

tigian - thank you, I am glad I have a busy day at work tomorrow. I will need to be distracted.

So I asked him how it looks and he says "it looks good." He told me the fed ex ladies looked really down and so he said "hey want to see some jewelry?" and of course they said yes (he was going to open it on the spot anyways to make sure the ring was in there). He said they all loved it and they became much more cheerful.

He said it looks very nice and that the "diamond is the star, as it should be." He is actually pickier than I am, and so I am sure it is wonderful. I have a very long 24 hours ahead of me.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
It''s here!!!!

Delivered by my FI with a dozen red roses
30.gif

The setting is beautiful, but it is too big
6.gif
. It is totally spinning. I am going to wear it for a few weeks and see if it fits with the TX summer swelling my fingers.

I snapped a couple pics with my new camera, not the best, but I got a couple. I am having trouble with the hand pics. Hopefully I will do better tomorrow with the daylight. I am too tired to transfer them, crop them ect. So pics tomorrow.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2010 11:22:10 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
It''s here!!!!

Delivered by my FI with a dozen red roses
30.gif

The setting is beautiful, but it is too big
6.gif
. It is totally spinning. I am going to wear it for a few weeks and see if it fits with the TX summer swelling my fingers.

I snapped a couple pics with my new camera, not the best, but I got a couple. I am having trouble with the hand pics. Hopefully I will do better tomorrow with the daylight. I am too tired to transfer them, crop them ect. So pics tomorrow.
yay! And poo! Do you have another band to try with it? I find that adding the wedding band makes a ring fit about half a size smaller. When you add yours it may not be a problem! Or, just resize it if it is more than that... you live so close and I bet they can do it in a couple days, no?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Well, the good news is my Leon band is done!!!! It is shipping on Monday. The bad news is that my FI has all the sudden decided I should not have the band until the wedding day. I have talked him into letting me try it on for size. I am still working on his for pictures. I might need to enlist your guys help.

Yes, it is close enough where we would probably want to come in person to get it resized since I have no idea what is going on with my hand. It is already 1/8 of a size smaller than my normal ring size.

Pics in a couple hours after we get our breakfast burritos.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
OK, so the pictures look pretty good. The images are not as sharp as I wanted them, but not bad for the first time using this camera.

Here is the ring and the roses, in the BGD box me and my FI both love.

ltfgraceandroses.JPG

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I can finally do a flower shot!

ltfgraceonrosenight.JPG

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
In the morning, no flash

ltfrosegracefloor.JPG

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
This is totally weird because my skin is blurred, but it shows the profile view on my hand. I had a tough time with the hand shots because you have to hold this large camera with one had and look through a view finder while trying the get your other hand in the right place.

ETA - the gap between the diamond and band is not nearly as dramatic in real life as it is in the picture

ltfgracehandside.JPG

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
My best attempt at a hand shot. I will try some more tomorrow.

ltfringpinkgrace.JPG

lweber

Shiny_Rock
The ring is beautiful. I am so glad you got another camera and shared.

What is the wb design like?

It will be excruciating if you have to give it up for resizing, but you don''t want to lose the ring either. How long till the big day?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2010 12:03:43 PM
Author: lweber
The ring is beautiful. I am so glad you got another camera and shared.

What is the wb design like?

It will be excruciating if you have to give it up for resizing, but you don''t want to lose the ring either. How long till the big day?

Thanks, my FI just bought me this camera a few weeks ago. He bought it for our trip to Italy next year figuring I would need a whole year to learn how to use it properly. I realize it has great potential. But, I miss my little point and shoot, and eventually I will replace it.

My wedding band is this style. There will be some differences. It will be 2.2 mm wide and there will not be any millegrain on it.

My ring is actually sliding a lot less this morning. I will have to wear it and figure out if I can keep it this size.

Wedding is just under 4 months away! It is time to get FI his band.

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!
30.gif
It looks so good LF! I hope you are happy :) Congrats!!
36.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
SD lady and Wsblue430 - thank you very much.

I did a lot better with the camera today. Here is an inside shot that came out well.

ltferingleathershot.JPG

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
And I got some outside shots too

ltfgracetilt.JPG

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Last one, the close up.

ltfgracecloseup.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks just great Ltl! That setting is perfect for your size diamond, I know you were concerned, but you needn''t have been based on the end result! I cannot wait to see how it looks with your wb, I think you whole set will be so timeless and classy.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful hand shots Firecracker.
10.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer - I was concerned. But honestly, I was not even considering a solitaire until 2 things happened.

1) Lynn introduced us to the Grace setting, which is the first solitaire I have really loved. I know it is similar to Leon''s, but this setting "spoke to me" more than the Leon setting did. It is hard to describe why without getting too wordy. I always had my eye out for a nice 4 pronged setting with a bar, but never saw the perfect one. There was always something I did not like. The stone was too high/too low, there were diamonds in the bar, or the bar was not straight. This setting is very classic. I did have my concerns about it being too "plain" for a stone my size, but they were clearly unfounded. I did not realize that until I saw the setting in person. Pictures do not do this setting justice.

2) My FI is really into stuff that is timeless and classic (one of the many ways we are alike). He bought me a slightly larger stone than he was initially planning. He put it in a temp setting to let me decide what to do, but he was hoping I would go with a solitaire. His plan worked.

3) I ended really loving the top down view of my temp setting, but the side view was just too bulky. I wanted a setting that was similar to the temp setting, but more refined. This setting did the trick. In a way, the temp setting helped me pick the final setting.

DF - Thanks. I am glad I had a chance start learning how to use this camera. In a way, being forced to use it was good, it is not so imitating now.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Laila619

So have had my setting for a couple days now and i am very happy with it. I tend to get a little DDS on the weekends with all the large stones on the forum, than I go to work, and get over it. My diamond really sparkles under the office lighting, and I get a real life prospective. The setting works great. I had no problems at work, gloves fit right over it as if there was no ring there. It did not catch onto anything. Sometimes it spins, and sometimes it does not. The ring does not feel like it is going to fall off, so I am going to keep it this size until I get my wedding band and can make a judgement.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Oh it''s GORGEOUS!! What a sparkler! It really has presence, if you know what I mean. One of those perfect, classic, well proportioned pieces that the eye can''t help but be drawn to. And I love the wb you''re going to pair it with!

Congratulations!!
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2010 6:46:18 PM
Thanks Laila619

So have had my setting for a couple days now and i am very happy with it. I tend to get a little DDS on the weekends with all the large stones on the forum, than I go to work, and get over it. My diamond really sparkles under the office lighting, and I get a real life prospective. The setting works great. I had no problems at work, gloves fit right over it as if there was no ring there. It did not catch onto anything. Sometimes it spins, and sometimes it does not. The ring does not feel like it is going to fall off, so I am going to keep it this size until I get my wedding band and can make a judgement.
I am the same way about DSS
2.gif
Gotta take a break and get back to reality sometimes. And I am glad to hear about the functionality of your setting! It is so important, because if you cannot wear your ring then how can you enjoy it?? It sounds like it will fit juuuust right when you add your wb. I can''t wait to hear what you think of it! Tell you FI not to be a turkey
3.gif
and let you take a few pictures before the wedding.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2010 7:34:17 PM
Author: Porridge
Oh it''s GORGEOUS!! What a sparkler! It really has presence, if you know what I mean. One of those perfect, classic, well proportioned pieces that the eye can''t help but be drawn to. And I love the wb you''re going to pair it with!

Congratulations!!
36.gif

Thank you so much!!!!! That is exactly the look we were going for.

Wedding band is in shipping, I go to FI''s house on Thursday night.

One ring a week? I could learn to live with this
9.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2010 8:05:17 PM
Author: dreamer_d
Date: 5/24/2010 6:46:18 PM

Thanks Laila619

I am the same way about DSS
2.gif
Gotta take a break and get back to reality sometimes. And I am glad to hear about the functionality of your setting! It is so important, because if you cannot wear your ring then how can you enjoy it?? It sounds like it will fit juuuust right when you add your wb. I can''t wait to hear what you think of it! Tell you FI not to be a turkey
3.gif
and let you take a few pictures before the wedding.

It is very functional. Real life perspective is good. I was looking at the 1-2 ct thread when he brought the ring over, and of course my ring is on the smaller end of that thread. But where I live right now, any bigger would be showy.

I took out the measuring tape. It was a rough estimate, but the width of the shank appears to be just under 2 mm. Looks like 1.8-1.9 mm. I am totally fine with that. I would have never measured it except my FI insisted it was thinner than my last setting and I told him they were the same width and he told me they weren''t.

Speaking of FI, I am not going to back down on this one. I will find a way to get pictures of that band. Hey, there is one poster looking for pics of the Grace with a wedding band....maybe I can claim I am doing good by using it for education. But serously, I havn''t even seen the thing because Leon does not send pictures anymore. I will go nuts. I know he does not want that
11.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results