shape
carat
color
clarity

I just couldn''t help myself...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Showing their relief. Van Craeynest's work is a tactile paradise:

LIB_VCrubystacked002.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Just gorrrrrrgeous!!!!!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Ooooooooohhhhh...drool drool drool....

You should post this (or a link) in the colored stones forum too! I might have missed it if I hadn''t happened upon your Alligator head post.

DiscoT

Rough_Rock
OMG, that is so beautiful!! Really glad you chose the yellow gold!! The ruby looks perfect in it! Love the 3-D effect and the contrasting white flowers. Absolutely gorgeous!! Great trade with the alligator head!
2.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, the new pics of the ring in the light are great! I LOVE the platinum detail against the yellow gold. What a gorgeous ring!

And I read the alligator head story-that''s quite the upgrade-an alligator head to a gorgeous ruby VC ring! Nice work!
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love that ring is amazing!!! Beeeeeautiful
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, everything about your ring is just amazingly gorgeous!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! So beautiful!
30.gif
I envy your VC collection, LIB!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH
30.gif
MY
30.gif
GOSH!
Just beautiful!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LIB, I was just reading your original alligator thread thinking "round ruby, YG, please please please" and what do you know...my wish came true. ROFL.
9.gif
Love your new ring! You have outdone yourself!
36.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/11/2008 8:59:25 AM
Author: Love in Bloom
Date: 4/11/2008 8:56:28 AM

Author: bling addict

That's a stunning ring Love in Bloom!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Really beautiful!

Why thank you Bling Addict! Good morning too
10.gif
Hehe, at the time I was just off to bed here in Australia
2.gif

I just saw the new photos, it looks stunning on your hand!

Is the ring a gift for a special occasion? (Sorry if you have already mentioned in a different post?)
ETA: I just saw, this is waaaay better than an alligator head!

Mariposa

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!! Your new ring is just lovely! Once again, VC has left me in complete awe.

Congratulations on your new beauty.

emrainbow.gif
Mariposa

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Love the hand shots, it looks fantastic on your finger! I really am in love with this setting! It looks like it was made for your stone, what a fantastic choice!

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/11/2008 5:40:11 PM

I must admit too that I frequent their website a lot AKmiss! (always with my drool-cup handy
3.gif
)
I think they are in the process of updating ... Van Craeynest Site
LIB--It seems like Larry and Roger are never idle! I just took a gander and now I curious about one of the pieces shown on their website.
26.gif
I am looking forward to seeing what else comes up!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I am completely in love with your new ring
30.gif
, funnily enough just moments before I saw this post I was thinking how beautiful a Van Craeynest ring would look with a red gem of some sort and your thread popped up :).

He really has some breathtaking designs :)

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock

Elmorton, DiscoT, Thing2of2, Skippy123, LaurenThePartier, Isis~Goddess, Diamondseeker2006, Diamond*Dana, Monarch64, Bling_addict, Mariposa, 777_Lady, AnitaT, and Deelight…Thank you all for your lovely and funny posts concerning my ring!

Selkie - Thank you for suggesting a thread in Colored Stones…I figured out how to take pictures of stones with a microscope and hope to post them soon!

DiscoT – Wow, you noticed the contrast in metals! I know it is difficult to see from the pictures…I adore how visually, the ring has several effects: gold-platinum-gold on each side, platinum-ruby-platinum in the middle. It is even more subtle IRL, and to the naked eye the flower/shield platinum inlays just seem to float on the band!

Think2of2 – I was very fortunate that the sun came out for a short time yesterday! I’ll be sure to share some more of that sunshine…

10.gif

Diamondseeker2006 – I spend a lot of time admiring your jewels as well…even the ones you end up not getting! Lately I’m referring to my VC stuff as my “Garden”…I’m usually not good with plants but I’m hoping it will grow…

31.gif

Monnie – Hehe, the story is soooo messed-up, but it had a great outcome IMO . Thank you for rooting for yellow gold…I enjoy the heft of platinum, but YG makes me feel very regal

12.gif

Bling_Addict – You are in Australia? How cool! I forget that online communities such as PS are actually global communities

36.gif

Maripsoa – I am so addicted to that feeling of awe when I see VC pieces in person…Larry has created a monster

6.gif
!

777_Lady –Originally I just wanted a band ring, and the ruby I ended up with is a good bit larger than I had originally envisioned. The designer never questioned my choices and kind of knew what I wanted better than I did…as it turned out that I am totally in love with the proportions of it. Thank you for validating my choice in setting for my stone!

AnitaT – Me too! It seems the Van Craeynest website had not been updated for quite some time. I’m glad they are ‘out of idle’ and perhaps even becoming web savvy

3.gif
!

Deelight – I’ll post some pictures for you in the VC thread…hoooray for red rocks!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Here are the final bits of sunshine from yesterday...

VCringOnTailFeathers001.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
In "vivid red" mode on my camera
18.gif
30.gif
18.gif
:

VCringOnTailFeathers002.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
This picture makes the metal look dull, but it is shiny-as-a-mirror in real life:

VCringOnWingy001.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Looks like water wings:
4.gif

VCringOnWings001.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
On the tail feathers
41.gif
:

VCringOnTailFeathers003.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
The eyes of the ducky
25.gif
:

VCringOnKeppi001.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2008 5:40:11 PM

LOL Coatimundi! Hoooray ------------------------------>
runaround1.gif
!

Do you have any ruby projects in the works???
31.gif

still in the research stage...
31.gif

I adore your new photos!
36.gif
This ring is seriously one of the loveliest I''ve seen!
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love, you should post your amazing pictures in the Gallery; they are so beautiful!!!!!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2008 12:48:47 PM
Author: coatimundi

still in the research stage...
31.gif

I adore your new photos!
36.gif
This ring is seriously one of the loveliest I've seen!
1.gif
Wow, that is quite a compliment Coati!

Isn't the research stage the fun? I only did a little before I asked VC to source a ruby for me. Larry has impeccable taste in gemstones! I'm kind of a do-it-now, understand it later kind of person...and it can be quite dangerous!

Love, you should post your amazing pictures in the Gallery; they are so beautiful!!!!!
Skippy, I didn't know I could do that! Do you know how?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
The new photo''s are fantastic (giggling at the rubber duck) that ring definitely makes my heart go pitty patter :)

I am certain that one day I will have to own a VC ring of my very own :D

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh Deelight, I know that pitty patter feeling all to well! Good luck choosing when the time comes.
1.gif

Glad you like the ducky too. We found him on our honeymoon in San Franciso:

VCrubyRingOnDucky.jpg

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2008 12:34:53 PM
This picture makes the metal look dull, but it is shiny-as-a-mirror in real life:
Dull, are you kidding!? It looks like I could do my eye make-up it''s so shiny!
LIB, I can''t tell you how many times I have come back to this thread just to stare at your ring! It''s so pretty!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2008 10:24:25 AM
Author: 777_LDY

Dull, are you kidding!? It looks like I could do my eye make-up it's so shiny!
LIB, I can't tell you how many times I have come back to this thread just to stare at your ring! It's so pretty!
LOL, thanks 777_LDY, I'll definitely tell Van Craeynest that. He polishes all of the rings himself (I even got to see him do it when I visited!), and polishing is more difficult than I thought it was
6.gif
. I'm also very flattered you like to stare at my ring
2.gif
... I'll try to keep it interesting for you
31.gif

LIB_VCrubyRingInHands001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results