shape
carat
color
clarity

I have it narrowed down to 2 settings - help me pick! Ritani vs Scott Kay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
a couple photos I got of the scott kay in the store.

scottkay resize 1.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Beacon! I''ve tried on the Scott Kay and liked it. I really like the band you have on too! Is that your wedding band?

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! Yes, that''s my wedding band. The Scott Kay is a mock up with a CZ for the store to display. This is the larger version of the Scott Kay. They make this setting in two different weights.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I like it, I do.... But I LOVE the taper on the Ritani!! I''m going to have to hunt that baby down and try it on, LOL.

Thank you for posting those Beacon!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Everyone:
taverymuch.gif
rockon2.gif

Thanks for the imput! Keep it coming, anyone that hasn''t commented yet, LOL.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the band of the Ritani but hate the head. I much prefer the Scott Kay head.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
i would try it on (ritani)...however, i am such a scott kay girl right now. i like "simplicity" of the design vs the ritani, especially with that upcomming, gorgous wedding band!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Here's a pic from an old post that butterfly17 posted. (ETA: This has a princess in it).

Ritani%20Royal%20crown%20with%20surprise%20diamond.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 1:49:44 PM
Author: jcarlylew
i would try it on (ritani)...however, i am such a scott kay girl right now. i like ''simplicity'' of the design vs the ritani, especially with that upcomming, gorgous wedding band!!
I''m battling. I really am, LOL. Trying to decide. Not to mention that the band would have to wait if I got the Scott Kay.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
late to the party but I vote for the Ritani. both are lovely though.

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
I tried both of those on, and I have to say that I liked the Scott Kay much better. The knife-edge is more smooth and much more comfortable on the finger. I also think that the ring flows better than the Ritani. I do like the slope of the prongs on the Ritani, though. I ended up with the five-stone Scott Kay, and when my diamond was set the prongs came out a little swoopy :) I felt that the Scott Kay was better made. I am VERY happy with mine, and I am so happy that I don''t have to baby it.

You should really try them both on together at the same time to really decide which one you like better. Have your vendor order both in at the same time. Do not go by pictures alone - the rings I thought were gorgeous online were awful in person, and vice versa.

Good Luck to you!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 2:24:49 PM
Author: Venice
I tried both of those on, and I have to say that I liked the Scott Kay much better. The knife-edge is more smooth and much more comfortable on the finger. I also think that the ring flows better than the Ritani. I do like the slope of the prongs on the Ritani, though. I ended up with the five-stone Scott Kay, and when my diamond was set the prongs came out a little swoopy :) I felt that the Scott Kay was better made. I am VERY happy with mine, and I am so happy that I don''t have to baby it.

You should really try them both on together at the same time to really decide which one you like better. Have your vendor order both in at the same time. Do not go by pictures alone - the rings I thought were gorgeous online were awful in person, and vice versa.

Good Luck to you!
Sound advice Venice!

My local Bailey Banks and Biddle is arranging a transfer of the Ritani setting for me so I can compare it with the Scott Kay. Still planning on ordering through Pearlman''s (great price, and Julian is amazin) but I really want to see it first!

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Ritani... the lines are just nicer and more appealing.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 2:30:22 PM
Author: geckodani

Date: 9/16/2008 2:24:49 PM
Author: Venice

Good Luck to you!
Sound advice Venice!

My local Bailey Banks and Biddle is arranging a transfer of the Ritani setting for me so I can compare it with the Scott Kay. Still planning on ordering through Pearlman''s (great price, and Julian is amazin) but I really want to see it first!
I too think this is the best route! Try both on, get the feel for them, and then you''ll know which one is yours!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
They are both lovely but I like the Ritani better

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Wow that Ritani is popular! I am going to laugh if I end up with the SK, LOL!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see you''ve decied, but my vote was Ritani - ggod luck

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 3:09:40 PM
Wow that Ritani is popular! I am going to laugh if I end up with the SK, LOL!

The Ritani''s popular, but the SK is also gorgeous. You really can''t lose!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Haven''t decided yet... have to try on the Ritani... still enamored of the SKay profile...

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
i like the ritani better!! the band looks thinner, which makes the center stone pop more, and i really like the profile.

of course, it''s your decision -- if the first one appeals more to you, go with that! in the big picture, $310 isn''t that much. barely enough to get a month''s worth of gasoline.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 3:37:45 PM
Author: vita*dolce
i like the ritani better!! the band looks thinner, which makes the center stone pop more, and i really like the profile.

of course, it''s your decision -- if the first one appeals more to you, go with that! in the big picture, $310 isn''t that much. barely enough to get a month''s worth of gasoline.
Now there''s a depressing thought, LOL!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
I like the scott kay....

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 3:50:05 PM
Author: PrincessDijon
I like the scott kay....
I keep looking... and going back to the Scott Kay.... Meh.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are pretty but I like the Ritani better.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
BBB has a sample I can look at - I''m going to go Friday and compare them side by side.
36.gif
Yay!

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
Personally, I actually kind of like the Ritani, even though my avatar is a Scott Kay. I think SK does three and five stone rings beautifully, but I''ve never really been a fan of his solitaires. But you really can''t go wrong here. The craftsmanship of the SK I have is exquisite and I love it.

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 3:43:43 PM
Date: 9/16/2008 3:37:45 PM

Author: vita*dolce

Now there''s a depressing thought, LOL!

lol, i know.. meant more to be joking than serious, though gas prices here are climbing since the hurricane has destroyed most of the area, so it''s more truthful than it would have been last week.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I vote for the Ritani too.. I love its curviness!
30.gif
Plus it leaves more money for the blingy band!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results