shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally my turn to display some rock!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats,beautiful ring and a beautiful couple.
36.gif
36.gif

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...the ring is beautiful
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

You two make a gorgeous couple! Congrats on your engagement
36.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
OMG!!! I LOVE that setting!!!
30.gif
The side profile is just gorgeous! I also love the proportion of the center stone to the side stones--it''s perfect!

mara54

Shiny_Rock
A pretty ring for a pretty lady, very nice and congratulations on your engagement
face23.gif
Have you thought about what the wedding ring will look like??

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement, you look like a very happy couple. I love the engagement ring you picked, especially love the side view. What great taste - you did good.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
love the ring!!! it looks gorgeous from all angles and perfect on her finger!
30.gif

brum

Rough_Rock

What a wonderfully warm bunch of people you all are!

Thanks so much for all the compliments and the well wishes.

Forgive me for trying to answer all your questions in one lump; I’m actually quite taken aback by so many replies and all your lovely words.

Let’s start with the ring.

This whole thing was one big surprise for my fiancée (Aom), but believe me, I didn’t just go out shopping one weekend, as I’m sure many of you know on this forum!

At first I was totally engrossed in the diamond thing and assumed to get a solitaire e-ring.

But thanks to the gallery on this forum, I started to open my eyes.

After spending hours and hours trawling through the endless possibilities (my thanks to all who have sent images of their wonderful e-rings in), I decided melees where my way forward.

I checked out some shops and I was immediately sold. To me the melees almost make the ring disappear with twinkle and make the whole setting daintier.

I knew it would work for my ladies lovely slender hands.

I actually had the ring almost completely made whilst still selecting the stone.

Thanks again to PS; I came across a thread from a COWBOYSTU, who had a lovely ring made here in Singapore.

I was so impressed with his design and good words regarding the jeweller, Yuen Tung (Wah Kee) Gems & jewellery that I picked up the phone and arranged to meet them that weekend.

These guys are a family run unit, with an industrial estate shop in quite an obscure location in a Singaporean suburb. In fact, with the big sturdy electric lock door and camera outside, it actually reminded me of a crack-house!

Once the lock is released, one enters an impressive little jewellery store with unobstructed views into the workshops.

Mum and Dad are from Hong, Kong, though their son’s are home-grown Singaporeans.

I originally had shared prongs in mind and sat down with their son, Whye Hoe, to discuss if they could do it, when Whye produced the 4-prong design that you see. It was a full melee style wedding ring.

The one thing I did 100% want, was the U-prong setting, I really like low stone settings and I felt this was my most desirable answer.

So when Whye produced the shard prong design, with all its mini-u-prongs, I immediately new this was the design to go for.

Needless to say, its all hand made in platinum and I selected 3.2 pointer H&A melees, apparently cut in Russia, 5 a-side of the centre stone.

The ring is 2.25 mm wide and a size US4.

I stole a ring from my fiancée, whilst on holiday together over Christmas. We presently live in separate cities, in some ways a blessing as I’ve been able to research without compromising the whole surprise!

Although Aom thought she didn’t pack the ring on return home, we were in a rush, so I seized the opportunity when she was in the shower!

Of course I told Aom I accidentally packed it in my things during the rush!

So back to the ring, Whye Hoe spent almost 2 hours with me on our first meeting. I was genuinely surprised by his grace, good nature and patience, not to mention knowledge of his trade.

I returned once to see the ring before the diamonds where set and requested minor changes to the centre U-prong as it wasn’t dainty enough for me.

Third time I turned up at the store was 2 days before my fiancée arrived and it was perfect. In fact It I surpassed my expectation.

These photos are from a 6 Meg pixel camera with amazing magnification. With it, I can see the inclusion s on the centre stone, yet the ring still looks remarkably uniform and well made. I have no idea how jewelers can make things some small, but I take my hat off to their wonderful skill.

Whye Hoe organized sketches of the ring and took many, many calls and questions from me. Remember I’m an engineer, they say we’re the worst for attention to detail! He remained helpful and patient to the end.

If anyone is in Singapore and wants something made, something special, with some of their own ideas in mind and for a remarkably good price- Yuen Tung is your Jewellers.

I thoroughly enjoyed the ring making experience and I’m thrilled to have something made with my input for my special girl.

As for the wedding ring-I seriously can’t think that far ahead, but knowing that the ring is so petite and dainty, I’m 100% confident that a wedding band will easily fit more-or-less snug to it. The huge images make us forget how wee these rings are and the u-prongs actually protrude very little.

If you’ve not fallen asleep, I’ll be sure to tell you about the centre diamond soon!

Thanks again for your kind words.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
A beautiful ring for a beautiful girl!

Congratulations to you both. And that ring is to die for
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

blod

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
IS that a Tacori setting?? I love the prongs! Gorgeous!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
bling bling! absolutely gorgeous ring, and couple!
1.gif
congrats and best wishes to both of you
36.gif

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, you have a lovely fiancee and a gorgeous ring! I love your descriptive story of the making of the ring! Please tell us about the centre diamond now!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on the engagement! I love the profile view of the tiny "u''s". You did a very good job! Now tell us about the center stone.

brum

Rough_Rock
hi to all.

so sorry i''ve not got back to you about the diamond etc. been so busy at work.

had to work past midnight last night!

have a day off over the weekend. promise to get back to the forum then!

cheers

brums lady

Rough_Rock
many thanx for the all sweet compliments & wishes
1.gif

yes i was thrilled and surprised when i saw this stunning ring- you wouldn''t believe how fire the centre diamond is when its under the light! I still cant take my eyes off it now
30.gif
30.gif

sure my fiance will tell you about the centre diamond soon
2.gif

best wishes to you all xx

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just beautiful! Love that stone and the diamonds in the band, as well as the beautiful design and construction of the ring!!!! Congrats!

brum

Rough_Rock
I know, what a slacker I am!

Sorry about that. was going to sit down and write about the stone last weekend, but recieved late notification, on friday, that i''d not be needed in work until Tuesday.

Took the opportunity and flew over to visit my fiancee''s parents to seek formal permission to marry their daughter.

And of course, spent some quality time with my lady.........................................

Soon soon!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results