shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged! 1930's fishtale setting <3!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I am totally obsessed with fishtail settings, and somehow have none. But I absolutely love this!!!!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been taking photos and looking at them to help me decide if I can really part with my diamond or not. For some reason after looking for so long at pictures of other rings seeing mine in photos helps me realize how beautiful it is. Still hoping to make a trip to meet Jim in person before making any firm decisions but for now I'm just enjoying what I have :)

p1050335.jpg

p1050339.jpg

p1050342.jpg

p1050343.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always thought this was a gorgeous ring, and I really hate to see you change because you'd never be able to get a similar one for the price he paid several years ago. I'd save for an anniversary ring from James Meyer and alternate them when you feel like wearing a larger or smaller stone. I think you'd eventually be sorry if you sold this ring.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1409067875|3739529 said:
I have always thought this was a gorgeous ring, and I really hate to see you change because you'd never be able to get a similar one for the price he paid several years ago. I'd save for an anniversary ring from James Meyer and alternate them when you feel like wearing a larger or smaller stone. I think you'd eventually be sorry if you sold this ring.

You very well might be right diamondseeker and your voice of wisdom though this whole thing has helped a lot. I'm finding myself more sentimental than I realized looking at my wedding pictures and thinking if it was different and it bothered me. I also love how my RHR and e-ring match. Maybe I just need to get over thinking people are noticing my big diamond and being self conscious about it-that's really what it boils down too. I doubt most people even notice it unless they are bling obsessed like myself.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Your set is gorgeous! I followed your thread about the possible switch to a JM ring. I love JM as well but wouldn't part with this ring to get one, especially with all of the challenges listed in your thread.

I don't have a particularly large diamond, but I wear rings on both hands, including my newish five stone which is very blingy. At times I feel a bit "over the top' , but my hard earned purchases make me happy, period. So the hell with the peanut gallery :devil:
Wear & enjoy your rings! Apologize to no-one. People probably don't judge, but if they do it's because they wish they had your rings!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to say I love the fishtale set. So, so lovely on your hand! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
vintagelover229|1409069911|3739543 said:
diamondseeker2006|1409067875|3739529 said:

You very well might be right diamondseeker and your voice of wisdom though this whole thing has helped a lot. I'm finding myself more sentimental than I realized looking at my wedding pictures and thinking if it was different and it bothered me. I also love how my RHR and e-ring match. Maybe I just need to get over thinking people are noticing my big diamond and being self conscious about it-that's really what it boils down too. I doubt most people even notice it unless they are bling obsessed like myself.

I 100% understand about feeling self conscious about diamond size. If you followed my journey, I had a 1 ct diamond for 30 years (still have it but just don't wear it because the cut is not so good). I got a 1.6 ct diamond for an anniversary after I came to research here. Jonathan can tell you that I probably told him 50 times that the diamond was just too big for me and I felt like I needed to sell it or trade it in and get a smaller diamond around 1.3-1.4 cts. Everyone I know in real life outside of PS friends wear their original e-rings and most are a carat or under (even thought some are well off and could have a larger ring if they wanted). My sister-in-law has 1.2 cts and that is the largest in the family. It concerned me that some friends have smaller diamonds and I did not want to seem materialistic or ostentatious. I know everyone says don't care what other people think, but if you care about the people, you do care to a certain extent! Anyway, I changed from a 7.6mm stone to a 7.5mm stone because I found a good deal and made money off selling the first one. I could SEE the difference and regretted going down in size because I finally was used to the 1.6! As you know, I still wasn't quite happy, and I decided that my true love in diamonds were old cuts and switched to an AVR. I started looking at a 1.8 ct stone and ended up with 2.3 cts because I love the facet pattern so much! I'd probably downsize a little if I could go to H color, though. Anyway, I have been okay with the new ring. No one I know knows I switched the 1.6 because it looks the same to them (big). So that transition was actually easier!

All I can say is that I don't wear fancy designer clothes or drive a fancy car. But jewelry is my hobby and I guess that is the luxury I allow myself!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
woofmama|1409093377|3739759 said:
Your set is gorgeous! I followed your thread about the possible switch to a JM ring. I love JM as well but wouldn't part with this ring to get one, especially with all of the challenges listed in your thread.

I don't have a particularly large diamond, but I wear rings on both hands, including my newish five stone which is very blingy. At times I feel a bit "over the top' , but my hard earned purchases make me happy, period. So the hell with the peanut gallery :devil:
Wear & enjoy your rings! Apologize to no-one. People probably don't judge, but if they do it's because they wish they had your rings!

Thank you so much for your feedback woofmama. I think since my husband loves it so and I do love it but it's not james meyer...I'm leaning towards keeping it. At least for the time being-we have a lot on our plate and a ring is so trivial compared to the other things going on in our lives that making a special trip at this point in time is pretty selfish. Hopefully he's still creating in a couple of years and if so-maybe I can swing something for our 5 year anniversary.

You are right-to hell with the peanut gallery :) I do enjoy and love wearing my rings-and I just helped a friend find a beautiful engagement ring for his soon to be fiance and its helped distract me from my 'bling issues' lol!

derbygal said:
Just wanted to say I love the fishtale set. So, so lovely on your hand! :appl:

ericad said:
GORGEOUS!!!

Thank you derbygal and ericad. Even though it's big is does look nice on my hand :) I do enjoy looking at it far more than a person should ::)

Diamondseeker: Thank you for sharing your diamond changing journey with me. I knew that you had some changes and reservations about the AVR (the 1.8) and then did end up bigger but I hear you with that faceting pattern. It's unlike anything I've ever seen-doesn't it throw off light from across the room? I'd be all creepy and try and find who was wearing the bling bling if we were at an event and I saw you. I've been known to do it before :rodent:

More pictures because why not?

img_5401.jpg

p1050338.jpg

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Presenting my non-JM change up :) My 1.64 N SI AVR-a match made in heaven!

dsc01088.jpg

_22320.jpg

dsc01089.jpg

dsc01092.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous. :love: Perfect in every way. :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness vintagelover, you are full of surprises!! So you decided to go with an AVR instead of the James Meyer? It is absolutely beautiful and looks perfect in the setting! I'm very happy for you (and your husband lol!) - congrats, and enjoy your new beauty!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
I came right over after I saw the other thread on rocky talky, lol. More pictures, please! Love your set, and your diamond is sooooooo appealing Just gorgeous! Congrats!!! Wear it in good health!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results