shape
carat
color
clarity

Dreamgirl needs your opinion...which Tiffany wedding band looks best with this Tiffany engagement se

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hello PS''ers! I need your opinions please!
4.gif

I looked at the RB with Tapered Baguettes again at Tiffany on Saturday for the third time (and I''m IN LOVE with this setting!!) My boyfriend really likes this setting A LOT so I just might be lucky enough to have it! The only thing I worry about is a wedding band that would go with it. I really like the Tiffany Novo wedding band but when I asked the SA about the Novo with the RB Tapered Baguette setting she said she thought it would be "too busy" but I tried it on anyway. I don''t understand why she thinks it would be too busy. She suggested the shared setting wedding band but I don''t care too much for that one. I worry the prongs will rub away.....I really like the thinner wedding bands like the Novo and Legacy.

So.......I was going to create a poll but I''m tired of waiting for it to work. I give up on that. I have provided an image of this Tiffany Round Brillant with Tapered Baguettes attached with 7 wedding band options. Keep in mind that I prefer a thinner band. In my past visits to Tiffany, I have tried on 1. Novo, 2. Legacy, and 7. Shared Setting (which I''m not sure I care for.) Please tell me out of these options below- which wedding band you like the best with this engagment ring setting and why. You could even tell me which ones you don''t like with this setting and why as well. Also, I know Musey and a couple others have the Jazz setting. I''m not sure how wide this setting is but it looks rather thin to me....

Not sure I will get this ring in the future (I''m talking 1-3 years from now) or not but until I can oneday try this setting on with various wedding bands, I''d really like to see what everyone thinks about these wedding bands with this setting!! (I really like to plan ahead...lol)

dgdreamrewbwbands.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the Novo and the shared prong, the e-ring is one of my most favourite settings!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I like the channel set square because it echoes the baguettes, or the Tiffany Jazz, because I like the non matchiness of it.

mrsv

Brilliant_Rock
Channel Set for sure! Classic and less likely to eat your e-ring then the shared prong!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
BLESS YOU, Dreamgirl! Its great to be able to see them all together like this!!
9.gif

I like 2, 4 and 7. I guess that's Legacy, Channel square, and Shared Setting (because it seems sparklier). Something about the Legacy seems really classic and pretty to me, so I think that's my favorite of the 7. ETA: Oh, and I love milgrain!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
To me they all look busy. I would choose a plain platinum band.

But different people have different taste, so who cares what I would choose? What matters is what YOU like.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
4 and 5 for me!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Wow how incredibly tough! I like the Novo and the shared prong, but I feel you on the shared prong rubbing against the e-ring. I really like the square baquette band and the Legacy too.

Dreamgirl, I think you need several bands!
31.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The alternating Jazz, followed by the channel-set square, followed by the Legacy.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Dreamgirl!

I like the Legacy and the channel set round. Normally I like a shared prong, but there''s something about that style of ering with the legacy wband that has a really great vintage look. Just my 2 cents.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Hello Dreamgirl!

First off, it''s great to see all these pretty combos in one place!
1.gif

Second, to your question...

I like options #4 (channel-set square) and #6 (alternating jazz). I like #4 because I think the squares compliment the baguettes and don''t take away from the WOW factor of the round center stone. I also like #6 because the alternating sized round add a matchy but not matchy uniqueness all at the same time (though I don''t know if it will be too wide for your taste with the larger stones).

If you love the Novo, go for it! I do sort of agree with your SA in that it seems a bit busy. I agree with you too though about worrying that the shared prong would rub so I''d avoid that one too even though it''s super sparkly!

Goodluck! Be sure to let us know what you decide!

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 12:23:11 PM
Author: geckodani
I like the channel set square because it echoes the baguettes, or the Tiffany Jazz, because I like the non matchiness of it.
I agree with gecko...channel set square. When I saw it...I thought "Yes that''s it!".

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Channel set sqaure. But, what about the channel set baguette band? I think that would be perfect..

MissDimity

Shiny_Rock
My two faves are channel set round and novo. I just think out of the ones presented these complement your e-ring better, the others distract from your e-ring.

Other settings I would consider:
1. plain band
2. alternating baguette and round diamonds channel set

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/18/2008 12:48:07 PM
Author: glitterata
To me they all look busy. I would choose a plain platinum band.

I agree but something simpler might look ok, like a scattered diamond band.

scatringy.jpg

MissDimity

Shiny_Rock
Just went on the tiffany website and the baguette channel set band looks really good with your ring.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Normally I'm not into highly matched sets, however, all the rings you have choosen seem to clash a bit too much with the eng. ring. Sorry!

IMO, a plain band would look most elegant. If you absolutely must have a diamond band (lol!) one of the two channel styles seem to coordinate the best.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like, in this order:

Channel Set (square)
Channel set (round)
Shared Setting

Also okay, but not the best:

Novo
Legacy

I'm not liking either of the jazz bands with it, I'm sorry!! But I'm sure that that's at least partly because I'm used to seeing them with a very different style of engagement ring.

FWIW, I think I would like a plain band best with that ering. Really. Or the channel-set baguette band.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
i think the jazz might look cool with it. Have to see it on a hand to really tell though.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
I like the Legacy band with that setting and here's why: The Legacy doesn't distract my eyes from the e-ring as much and allows me to enjoy both rings independently and together.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also keep in mind that rings look SO SO SO different in photographs than in real life, especially in Tiffany's photographs, which are just so weird and inaccurate to me. These pictures are just not an accurate representation of the bands (I say that as someone who owns a jazz band, and has tried on the alternating jazz, legacy, novo and shared prong setting). That probably renders all our opinions useless
3.gif
You really have to choose in person.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow! So many replies so fast! I went to a meeting and didn't expect that many responces. Thank you everyone! Also, don't forget- I don't actually have an engagement ring just yet, this just happens to be one that FF seems to be leaning towards.....Keep the comments coming!

One last thing to add....I realized that the space between my knuckles on my ring finger isn't that long which is another reason why I like thinner wedding bands. (I've got short fingers lol)

emilina22- Thank you!

Lorelei- This e-ring is soooooo beautiful. It is very throwback. Very me!
31.gif

geckodani- Yeah! I really like non-matchy sets. Some match but not too matchy matchy. I like that ring you are showing me, but I think it's too wide and I really like the eternity bands...

mrsv- That is so very true! Which is why I really don't like the shared prong as much. I mean, it's a very pretty ring. I just worry about it eating away...

BigT- FINALLY!!! I made my thread! The poll would have been more fun but I couldn't take waiting anymore to create this thread. I also couldn't wait (however long from now) to look with FF at this e-ring and wedding bands. I figured Photoshop is the next best thing! lol! Yeah, I noticed after putting the Legacy with this e-ring that it kind of POPS to me. It's very classy looking. I just wonder if the milgrain would wear away. I think Lisa1.01vs1's husband has a Tiffany milgrain that she had to send back because it wore away....Not sure if it would do that on the Legacy though. (I'm in love with your e-ring! You should put a photo of it on your avatar)

glitterata- I'm sure my boyfriend would agree with you but I like as much sparkle as I can get!

LaurenThePartier- Thank you for your help!

coatimundi- I like the square cut band as well. My boyfriend however has mentioned in the past that he doesn't like square cut diamonds. I wonder what he thinks of this band...hmmmm. Also, I think I need several bands as well!!! And the thinner the bands, the more stacking you can always do!

Circe- Thank you. I've never actually seen the alternating Jazz band. I'll have to look and see how large the diamonds are on that band. I'm worried it might be too wide..

Iowa Lizzy- YES!!!! I really like the vintage look. This is something I felt the same about with the Legacy next to it....
31.gif

audball- Thanks so much! I see what you are saying about the square cuts not taking away form the WOW of the center stone. #6 Jazz I haven't actually seen in the store so I'm not sure how large the alternating diamonds are. I'd let you know what I decide but it might be a long while from now......

thanks ams!

westjenn- Yes but it might be too wide for me..

MissDimity- Thank you for your opinion!

Matata- I can see your point but that band isn't me.

MC- Thank you for your opinion!

musey- Thank you for your help!

joflier- Very true. I'd really like to someday see these on hand with the e-ring because it makes a HUGE difference!

pixley- I see your point! Thank you very much!

laurel25- Thank you!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 1:32:43 PM
Author: musey
Also keep in mind that rings look SO SO SO different in photographs than in real life, especially in Tiffany''s photographs, which are just so weird and inaccurate to me. These pictures are just not an accurate representation of the bands (I say that as someone who owns a jazz band, and has tried on the alternating jazz, legacy, novo and shared prong setting). That probably renders all our opinions useless
3.gif
You really have to choose in person.
Absolutely! They look very different on the hand than in photos or even from in the case! I plan on trying them on sometime and obviously after I get an engagment ring because I''m not certain that I will get this setting, but its one of the two that are more than likely going to end up being my ring. I''d ultimately go to the store and try them on with the ring as I did the with the Novo....

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I didn't read any responses yet b/c i don't want to be influenced by the responses :) It's the baguettes in that ering that make it harder to pair with a band - if it was just the solitaire, you could do any band you want, but this makes it a little more difficult.

Of all of those i most prefer the shared prong eternity - it looks great with the ering! #7

After that, i like the channel set round - #3

Next, i am surprised to say i like the #5 jazz - with equal sized diamonds...something about it really appeals to me.

Finally, i like the legacy #2

****The three other bands i do NOT like nearly as much with that ering - the novo #1, and the #6 jazz with differently sized diamonds (i do agree with the SA and i think both of these are too busy with the Ering) The channel set square/asscher #4 i just don't like b/c the square diamonds in the band just don't coordinate with the RB in the Ering in my opinion).

ETA: i just went back and read the responses - glad i didn't see them first or i would have for sure been influenced :) I do think the baguette band others mentioned above would be nice too!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I really like the channel set square, or the shared prong. I have a channel-set square band (see avatar) and I''ve thought about resetting my solitiare with side baguettes, like you show in the picture. Yummy! I also really like the shared prong, though - good luck! They are all beautiful!

ociopia

Rough_Rock
I believe you have to go with what you love when they are combined on your hand and seen by your eyes.

Think of it this way - you''ll be wondering about it for such a short time, having great fun on this list getting great input and ideas.

You''ll be living with it the rest of your life. Every day you''ll look down and there they will be.
34.gif

So the way you feel about the two together, when you look at your hand, is the only and I mean absolutely only thing that matters. Your own opinion.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
violet3- That is the issue for me. This setting is so pretty and my boyfriend (and me) love it sooooo much that I really think I might get this ring someday. My only thing is a wedding band with it...lol! Our other option that we both like is the Tiffany Setting. That obviously would just be a matter of which one is pretty? Because anything would go with that one... Thank you for your help!

vespergirl- Yes, your wedding band does look pretty! If you do re-set your ring, it would look gorgeous! Though, it looks very pretty now too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results