shape
carat
color
clarity

1.16 AVC ring (K SI2) with traps

Vampira

Rough_Rock
Oh wow, HUGE congratulations! I think you made a wonderful and classic choice. I'm one of the many who would look at that ring on an almost weekly basis. If we'd had the budget, that absolutely would have been my top e-ring pick as well. Looking forward to seeing pics of it sized and in situ! :)

Lenapie

Rough_Rock
Love this ring! I've also been eyeing it for a while! I kept replaying the videos Grace had on her site. There's so much finger presence, it's to-die-for! Absolutely love the basket/gallery area as well. You rarely see three-stone rings that allow for a wedding band to sit flush and this one seems to allow for that, which is fantastic (for me)! Maybe one day I'll be able to commission something similar! Enjoy the beauty, 2ndchance! :D :love:

2ndchance

Rough_Rock
Vampira|1462052197|4025607 said:
Oh wow, HUGE congratulations! I think you made a wonderful and classic choice. I'm one of the many who would look at that ring on an almost weekly basis. If we'd had the budget, that absolutely would have been my top e-ring pick as well. Looking forward to seeing pics of it sized and in situ! :)

Thank you so much! I will wear it in good health (hopefully soon!) I'm totally dying to get it back. I just want to see it on my ring finger! I love so many different kinds of rings but I loved the classic, yet unique look to this one.

2ndchance

Rough_Rock
Lenapie|1462052548|4025609 said:
Love this ring! I've also been eyeing it for a while! I kept replaying the videos Grace had on her site. There's so much finger presence, it's to-die-for! Absolutely love the basket/gallery area as well. You rarely see three-stone rings that allow for a wedding band to sit flush and this one seems to allow for that, which is fantastic (for me)! Maybe one day I'll be able to commission something similar! Enjoy the beauty, 2ndchance! :D :love:

Thank you! The basket is one of the things I love most! And, it does allow for a wedding band to fit really nicely, so I'm excited about that. Next I get to agonize and obsess over what kind of wedding bad to get! :wall: :lol:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy gorgeous ring batman!! It is stunning, what an AVC!!! And the traps and the setting?!?! I will be staking this thread until you post more photos!! :dance:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so beautiful. Congrats :wavey:

2ndchance

Rough_Rock
JDDN|1462082793|4025721 said:
Holy gorgeous ring batman!! It is stunning, what an AVC!!! And the traps and the setting?!?! I will be staking this thread until you post more photos!! :dance:

You're too kind, thank you. I'm so anxious to get it back!!!

Honesty, I'm glad to hear how much people love it. Not that I don't, but it really is a different style than I thought I'd end up with. It's so much prettier in person-the pictures bring out the inclusion and yellow, which you don't see IRL at all, and I love the finger coverage (for a smaller stone) and the way the traps compliment the AVC, but there's still a big part of me that's trying to get used to this style ring and I really hope I didn't make a mistake. I always envisioned a thin pave band with a big solitaire AVC. But we can't afford the size solitare i would love, so I thought this would be a good choice for the finger coverage I crave without having to add a halo. Nothing against them, I just felt they didn't suit me even though they're beautiful. Even though I didn't like the way halos looked on me, I still swoon over them and kind of want one. Argh I'm a mess. I love lots of rings and just hope this is the right one for me. Hopefully when it comes back and I see it on my correct finger these feelings will lessen, or go away completely. :pray:

Oh, also, my boyfriend is not into jewelry at all and I had to do this all myself. I think if maybe he picked this out for me I wouldn't be agonizing about making the right choice as much? :confused: I adore AVC's and I love, love the basket on this one. The band is nice and thin like I like (2mm). I don't know why I'm so nervous about this!!? :(sad

Plus I feel like this is as close to a dream ring we can afford. I need to get it appraised, but I suspect if I had bought this diamond new and commissioned the ring, it would have been a couple thousand more than we paid. A K color is as low as I go. Past that the color starts to bother me. there is an L VS2 1.22 AVC for $6340 and a P vvs2 1.17 for $6123. These are the closest to the K Si2 1.16 I have and are too warm for me. Plus, we paid $6150 for the ring, less than the cost of the L diamond alone. But $6k is still a good chunk of change and I just hope it's the right ring! I know I wouldn't have had the patience or money to commission a ring, but if I had, the Basket would have been similar-scrolly or flowery. The only think I would have done differently is possibly a pave band, but not 100% sure about that bc of cost. I also would have just had a solitaire if I commissioned it, but then I'd be upset that it didn't provide enough finger coverage and I do love
That this ring is unique - I know people with solitaires and halos, even three-stone, but no one with three stone AVC and traps ! :naughty:

I need therapy. Lol

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that ring is incredible!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect! best wishes for a wonderful future... congratulations! :love: :love:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Wow! It's really beautiful! :love: :love: :love: What a great find! Lucky you! :appl: Congratulations! :clap:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring!!! Great buy, too! I love AVCs so much! :love:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2ndchance|1462109793|4025772 said:

Honesty, I'm glad to hear how much people love it. Not that I don't, but it really is a different style than I thought I'd end up with. It's so much prettier in person-the pictures bring out the inclusion and yellow, which you don't see IRL at all, and I love the finger coverage (for a smaller stone) and the way the traps compliment the AVC, but there's still a big part of me that's trying to get used to this style ring and I really hope I didn't make a mistake. I always envisioned a thin pave band with a big solitaire AVC. But we can't afford the size solitare i would love, so I thought this would be a good choice for the finger coverage I crave without having to add a halo. Nothing against them, I just felt they didn't suit me even though they're beautiful. Even though I didn't like the way halos looked on me, I still swoon over them and kind of want one. Argh I'm a mess. I love lots of rings and just hope this is the right one for me. Hopefully when it comes back and I see it on my correct finger these feelings will lessen, or go away completely. :pray:

Oh, also, my boyfriend is not into jewelry at all and I had to do this all myself. I think if maybe he picked this out for me I wouldn't be agonizing about making the right choice as much? :confused: I adore AVC's and I love, love the basket on this one. The band is nice and thin like I like (2mm). I don't know why I'm so nervous about this!!? :(sad

Plus I feel like this is as close to a dream ring we can afford. I need to get it appraised, but I suspect if I had bought this diamond new and commissioned the ring, it would have been a couple thousand more than we paid. A K color is as low as I go. Past that the color starts to bother me. there is an L VS2 1.22 AVC for $6340 and a P vvs2 1.17 for $6123. These are the closest to the K Si2 1.16 I have and are too warm for me. Plus, we paid $6150 for the ring, less than the cost of the L diamond alone. But $6k is still a good chunk of change and I just hope it's the right ring! I know I wouldn't have had the patience or money to commission a ring, but if I had, the Basket would have been similar-scrolly or flowery. The only think I would have done differently is possibly a pave band, but not 100% sure about that bc of cost. I also would have just had a solitaire if I commissioned it, but then I'd be upset that it didn't provide enough finger coverage and I do love
That this ring is unique - I know people with solitaires and halos, even three-stone, but no one with three stone AVC and traps ! :naughty:

I need therapy. Lol

Oh my goodness, I feel you 2ndchance! We put a lot of pressure on ourselves to choose "the perfect ring" when really there very well may be 2 or 3 or 4 "perfect rings", LOL. Plus an engagement ring is an emotional piece so a lot of energy goes into choosing one. I think it's normal to have the feelings you're having. But a 3 stone is a fantastic alternative to a larger stone as it gives more finger coverage and adds quite a bit of bling to the overall look. What you have is so unique and absolutely gorgeous. I would LOVE to have your ring! And you know what.....if in some years you are able to afford a larger AVC in a halo or on a dainty pave band.....your ring is the perfect right hand ring, LOL!! I know, I'm terrible!

2ndchance

Rough_Rock
JDDN|1462202524|4026147 said:
2ndchance|1462109793|4025772 said:

I need therapy. Lol

Oh my goodness, I feel you 2ndchance! We put a lot of pressure on ourselves to choose "the perfect ring" when really there very well may be 2 or 3 or 4 "perfect rings", LOL. Plus an engagement ring is an emotional piece so a lot of energy goes into choosing one. I think it's normal to have the feelings you're having. But a 3 stone is a fantastic alternative to a larger stone as it gives more finger coverage and adds quite a bit of bling to the overall look. What you have is so unique and absolutely gorgeous. I would LOVE to have your ring! And you know what.....if in some years you are able to afford a larger AVC in a halo or on a dainty pave band.....your ring is the perfect right hand ring, LOL!! I know, I'm terrible!

Thank you for your words of encouragement, kindness, and understanding!

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations 2ndChance!

I know I am late to the party, but I just saw your posting to Show me your AVC (OMG! Gorgeous!!), so I thought I would read your back story. I am so happy for you! I had been watching your ring for some time too (just for the love of AVC's), so I am so excited she's gone to a loving home!!! I am also so happy you decided to "see her in person!" Boy oh boy, no one knows how important it is to see one of these babies in real life than me (see My Custom AVC Project is About to Begin thread! ha ha). And might I add, seeing them IRL is one thing, but seeing the one you are considering owning is truly another and I am so glad you allowed this one to work her AVC magic on you because she is just SPECTACULAR!!!

JDDN is so right (as usual!!! :angel: ) "if in some years you are able to afford a larger AVC in a halo or on a dainty pave band.....your ring is the perfect right hand ring, LOL!! I know, I'm terrible!" Your ring is stunning on either finger and you never know what your future will hold! I actually started out with a CZ 7 years ago, went to a 1.5ct MBCushion about 4 years later and now just got my dream 2.5ct AVC!!!

YOU NEVER KNOW :pray: you could have something you never imagined on either one of your hands someday!!! :love: :love: :love: Right now, your ring is just gorgeous and you are starting out with something so beautiful and you are so lucky (as soon as your man officially proposes OMG!) to start staring at it everyday! :apple:

Congratulations again!!!!
Lainey

2ndchance

Rough_Rock
LaineyRod|1463852109|4034480 said:
Congratulations 2ndChance!

I know I am late to the party, but I just saw your posting to Show me your AVC (OMG! Gorgeous!!), so I thought I would read your back story. I am so happy for you! I had been watching your ring for some time too (just for the love of AVC's), so I am so excited she's gone to a loving home!!! I am also so happy you decided to "see her in person!" Boy oh boy, no one knows how important it is to see one of these babies in real life than me (see My Custom AVC Project is About to Begin thread! ha ha). And might I add, seeing them IRL is one thing, but seeing the one you are considering owning is truly another and I am so glad you allowed this one to work her AVC magic on you because she is just SPECTACULAR!!!

JDDN is so right (as usual!!! :angel: ) "if in some years you are able to afford a larger AVC in a halo or on a dainty pave band.....your ring is the perfect right hand ring, LOL!! I know, I'm terrible!" Your ring is stunning on either finger and you never know what your future will hold! I actually started out with a CZ 7 years ago, went to a 1.5ct MBCushion about 4 years later and now just got my dream 2.5ct AVC!!!

YOU NEVER KNOW :pray: you could have something you never imagined on either one of your hands someday!!! :love: :love: :love: Right now, your ring is just gorgeous and you are starting out with something so beautiful and you are so lucky (as soon as your man officially proposes OMG!) to start staring at it everyday! :apple:

Congratulations again!!!!
Lainey

What a nice reply and wonder words of encouragement. Thank you! (Still no proposal :( but, I turn 40 in a week and a half and in July we go to Europe, so I'm thinking one of those events)

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to say that I totally understand where you are coming from - I, too wanted a large cushion solitaire, since i love halos on other people but hate them on me. My husband proposed with a family OEC, and I didn't have the heart to ask for a different stone, so I opted for a 3 stone for more presence.

And you know, I still dream about a big cushion, but I am very attached to my ring and really, really glad I went for a 3 stone. Your ring is beautiful! I hope you get to wear it soon :)

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
2ndchance|1463858597|4034511 said:
What a nice reply and wonder words of encouragement. Thank you! (Still no proposal :( but, I turn 40 in a week and a half and in July we go to Europe, so I'm thinking one of those events)

Awe 2ndchance (I love your name) and if it means what I think it means - I am a wildly happy 2nd chancer myself and happy birthday to you!!! My husband proposed to me in EU too...Santorini! Europe is a WONDERFUL and romanic place to get engaged and well worth the wait!!! Hopefully we can get some great hand shots of your beautiful hand and ring in Europe in just a short 2 months!!! :appl: :love: :wavey: :appl: :love: :wavey: :appl: :love:

2ndchance

Rough_Rock
LaineyRod|1463888561|4034653 said:
2ndchance|1463858597|4034511 said:

Awe 2ndchance (I love your name) and if it means what I think it means - I am a wildly happy 2nd chancer myself and happy birthday to you!!! My husband proposed to me in EU too...Santorini! Europe is a WONDERFUL and romanic place to get engaged and well worth the wait!!! Hopefully we can get some great hand shots of your beautiful hand and ring in Europe in just a short 2 months!!! :appl: :love: :wavey: :appl: :love: :wavey: :appl: :love:

Yes, this will be my 2nd marriage :)
Fingers crossed for Europe!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results