shape
carat
color
clarity

what to wear?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Off topic about what to wear, but have a great time at Tavern! I love that place! The steak is really good (better than Wildfire in my opinion, if you''ve been there), and yummy au gratin potatoes. Charming atmosphere too. I''m jealous!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, thanks again all for bearing with me on this topic! After searching (obviously) desperately I got the hubster to change plans a little bit to work with what my closet had to offer. I am not wearing the black dress! We want to look at the Christmas lights on Mich. Ave after dinner, and we''ve just had a big, fresh snow, so there is no way I am wearing stockings and heels, even in a carriage! December in Chicago is just not the time for little black dresses, especially when it snows, unless you''re not walking farther than 10 feet to the limo. So, without further ado...

Friday night (tomorrow, yay!) we are eating at the Rosebud on Taylor--a staple of Chicago; I''m going J.Crew all the way, a la Fair Isle red reindeer cardigan, fitted oxford shirt, dark denim knee-length skirt and black knee high boots...Saturday is actually a little up in the air still...hubby decided to compromise and wear a navy sportcoat, tie, and trousers, and (THIS IS THE BEST PART) we will shop on Michigan Ave. that morning for an appropriate outfit for me for the evening! Bless his heart, he is actually a guy who cares what I wear and how I feel about what I wear and always understands when I say I need something new.

I loved all of your suggestions. It is so fun to post things on here and get real unbiased feedback from people! I love it!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Your outfit for tonight sounds great! Are you sure you still want to wear a skirt?
2.gif
We got a ton of snow in the western ''burbs! Hopefully downtown is all snow-plowed out. I haven''t seen the snow trucks out here since yesterday afternoon....of course after I had my fender bender!
14.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
monarch--what a sweet guy you have to be willing to go shopping on Michigan Ave for appropriate dinner clothes! Downtown will be beautiful with the snow for your carriage ride. Are you celebrating a special event?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, he''s a keeper!
emlove.gif
face23.gif

Pebbles, most likely I will not be wearing a skirt...we''re in the western ''burbs as well, and boy did we get dumped on yesterday! How ''bout that plane skidding right off the runway! I was surprised they were actually landing planes in that weather--should''ve been delayed back in Baltimore, where it flew in from, esp. since heavy snow was in the forecast.
Downtown better be plowed! I may not be wearing a skirt, but you better believe I am wearing cute shoes! No snowboots for moi!

We aren''t celebrating any special occasion, really. Although we did get engaged downtown three years ago on Dec. 14th, so I guess you could say it''s our "engagement anniversary." Actually, I had mentioned to him that I wanted to go look at the Christmas displays and lights on Michigan Avenue this year, and we ended up deciding to make a nice romantic weekend out of it. Maybe we''ll make a baby while we''re there, too! LOL
emwink.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/9/2005 1:26:26 PM
Author: monarch64
Yup, he''s a keeper!
emlove.gif
face23.gif

Pebbles, most likely I will not be wearing a skirt...we''re in the western ''burbs as well, and boy did we get dumped on yesterday! How ''bout that plane skidding right off the runway! I was surprised they were actually landing planes in that weather--should''ve been delayed back in Baltimore, where it flew in from, esp. since heavy snow was in the forecast.
Downtown better be plowed! I may not be wearing a skirt, but you better believe I am wearing cute shoes! No snowboots for moi!

We aren''t celebrating any special occasion, really. Although we did get engaged downtown three years ago on Dec. 14th, so I guess you could say it''s our ''engagement anniversary.'' Actually, I had mentioned to him that I wanted to go look at the Christmas displays and lights on Michigan Avenue this year, and we ended up deciding to make a nice romantic weekend out of it. Maybe we''ll make a baby while we''re there, too! LOL
emwink.gif
I heard about that plane! I''m surprised something like that hasn''t happened sooner. I grew up not too far from there and remember always being freaked out when I was on Central ave with the planes landing! They used to fly over our back yard too really loud. When I was a baby there was a horrible plane crash really close to my house. The plane was heading for Midway but was having engine trouble so it was shooting for the school ground across the street from where I lived. It overshot the school and hit a house on the next block. A couple of people that lived in the house died, and I believe everyone on the plane died too. I was at home with my grandmother as my mom had a doctor appointment. When she got back to the area all the streets were blocked off and she freaked out. She finally got back and realized it hit on the next block. My grandma said she heard a loud boom when it crashed. Pretty darn scary!

Hey -- that "makin'' a baby" stuff is TMI!
2.gif
I told my hubby we''ll try for #3 if he gets me a nice christmas present!
31.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, just thought I''d wrap this thread up by letting you know how it went! Hubby ended up taking me shopping on Michigan Avenue for a dress (we changed dinner to 10:00 reservations Saturday night at Joe''s on Mich. Ave.--men, jacket required), and I found a Laundry by Shelli Segal chocolate brown twist front halter dress and a beautiful cashmere wrap at Lord & Taylor..I had shoes to match with me, and of course my diamonds! It all worked out perfectly. I felt a little "Pretty Woman" due to the fact that he took me shopping on Chicago''s equivalent of Rodeo Drive, although we certainly didn''t spend near as much on my ensemble as Julia Roberts did! We did some Christmas shopping, walking up and down Michigan while snow was steadily falling, ate at some other great restaurants, and all in all fell in love all over again. We had a corner suite with a gorgeous view of the city...we went up in the Sears Tower on the way out of the city on Sunday...it was the best Christmas gift we have ever given each other! I found it not to tear up
face16.gif
on more than a few occasions!

PS--glad I found this particular dress--I''m wearing it again for New Year''s out with friends, and the fabric is very all-season and goes well with my skin tone, so I will definitely get more use out of it! If you see me posting a similar thread in the future, please come to my house and smack me! Thanks again everyone for your advice!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oooh the new dress sounds fabulous monarch, what a great time it sounds like you had!!!! I love the idea of a Pretty Woman shopping spree!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/14/2005 1:59:26 AM
Author: monarch64
OK, just thought I''d wrap this thread up by letting you know how it went! Hubby ended up taking me shopping on Michigan Avenue for a dress (we changed dinner to 10:00 reservations Saturday night at Joe''s on Mich. Ave.--men, jacket required), and I found a Laundry by Shelli Segal chocolate brown twist front halter dress and a beautiful cashmere wrap at Lord & Taylor..I had shoes to match with me, and of course my diamonds! It all worked out perfectly. I felt a little ''Pretty Woman'' due to the fact that he took me shopping on Chicago''s equivalent of Rodeo Drive, although we certainly didn''t spend near as much on my ensemble as Julia Roberts did! We did some Christmas shopping, walking up and down Michigan while snow was steadily falling, ate at some other great restaurants, and all in all fell in love all over again. We had a corner suite with a gorgeous view of the city...we went up in the Sears Tower on the way out of the city on Sunday...it was the best Christmas gift we have ever given each other! I found it not to tear up
face16.gif
on more than a few occasions!

PS--glad I found this particular dress--I''m wearing it again for New Year''s out with friends, and the fabric is very all-season and goes well with my skin tone, so I will definitely get more use out of it! If you see me posting a similar thread in the future, please come to my house and smack me! Thanks again everyone for your advice!

Ooh that sounds like a WONDERFUL weekend. So funny that you were at Rosebud that Friday night, I was just across the street that night grabbing a quick dinner with my bf
3.gif
Is the Joe''s you''re talking about the restaurant on like Grand & Rush? I recently went there for a surprise party, it was pretty good...minus the fact I don''t like seafood
20.gif
Anyway, glad you had a great weekend...perfect way to get away with out really having to go too far.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blue, the Joe''s I was referring to is right across from the Marriott on Michigan Ave., the address could quite possibly be Grand and Rush, then. I am but a country girl swept off her feet by a big city guy four years ago! LOL! The food was superb, as was the wine. Have you ever been to the Seneca Hotel (don''t know the address), they have a wonderful little piano bar on the street level floor, our driver recommended it and dropped us off there and it was Fan-tab-ulous!! After that, we went to the infamous RedHeaded Piano Bar two blocks from our hotel...loved it! I could never live downtown, too much of the aforementioned country girl, but what fun a few nights in the city is!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results