shape
carat
color
clarity

What foundation and/or powder do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks! the mineral craze is everywhere. definitely interested to try their version of it.

sera

Ideal_Rock
I did try the Mineral Power when I was out of my BE; it''s pretty nice.

pavelover, if you can go to a Macy''s or Sephora or somewhere they carry Benefit, try their Erase Paste. It''s thick and creamy and covers well... it also brightens. I think it might work well on dry skin.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2008 8:39:51 PM
Author: pavelover
Hi Sue,
I hear you about the bare minerals showing every line. I can''t stand it. And the primer also made me break out. I am still sort of using it and using loreal minerals that I had previous to bare minerals. I am desperate for a foundation that will look natural, provide coverage for my undereye circles and not rub off- yuck I hate that. I am interested in any new ideas?

pavelover: I have tried many under eye concealers and most all of them cause wierd little bumps under my eyes. At least with me. And almost universally, after a short time they end up collecting in the fine lines around the eyes and or look hideous in photographs. The best one I have found is by Hourglass. I use their concealer in "Pearl". I can''t find it in my city, so I have a friend pick it up for me whenever she visits from Los Angeles. It zaps under eye circles very effectively.

One thing that I find necessary under the eyes is to put a moisturizer on first before applying the concealer. I use Absolue Eye by Lancome. It''s pricey but it''s the only thing that doesn''t cause those dreaded mini-bumps that look like calcium deposits under my eyes. (I doubt they are noticable to the naked eye, but they are noticeable to me in 10x magnification...YIKES!!)

Also, if you want a mineral powder that doesn''t do what the other "mineral" products do, try GloMinerals. I got it from a dermatologist office in compact powder form. If you put in on over a sunscreen or moisturizer, it''s awesome. I think it''s important to go matte vs. illuminating unless you are very young with flawless skin. "illuminating=highlight every line and flaw " in my opinion.

I only like to use anything "illuminating" to highlight the below eye/high cheekbone to top ear area.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2008 9:09:33 PM
Author: miraclesrule

Hi Sue,
I hear you about the bare minerals showing every line. I can''t stand it. And the primer also made me break out. I am still sort of using it and using loreal minerals that I had previous to bare minerals. I am desperate for a foundation that will look natural, provide coverage for my undereye circles and not rub off- yuck I hate that. I am interested in any new ideas?

pavelover: I have tried many under eye concealers and most all of them cause wierd little bumps under my eyes. At least with me. And almost universally, after a short time they end up collecting in the fine lines around the eyes and or look hideous in photographs. The best one I have found is by Hourglass. I use their concealer in ''Pearl''. I can''t find it in my city, so I have a friend pick it up for me whenever she visits from Los Angeles. It zaps under eye circles very effectively.

One thing that I find necessary under the eyes is to put a moisturizer on first before applying the concealer. I use Absolue Eye by Lancome. It''s pricey but it''s the only thing that doesn''t cause those dreaded mini-bumps that look like calcium deposits under my eyes. (I doubt they are noticable to the naked eye, but they are noticeable to me in 10x magnification...YIKES!!)

Also, if you want a mineral powder that doesn''t do what the other ''mineral'' products do, try GloMinerals. I got it from a dermatologist office in compact powder form. If you put in on over a sunscreen or moisturizer, it''s awesome. I think it''s important to go matte vs. illuminating unless you are very young with flawless skin. ''illuminating=highlight every line and flaw '' in my opinion.

I only like to use anything ''illuminating'' to highlight the below eye/high cheekbone to top ear area.
I remember a woman from Aveda talking about deposits under the eyes... I think she said it was due to oily/greasy residue from make-up. IIRC, she also mentioned something about women putting Vaseline under their eyes and then later some needing the deposits scraped out.
23.gif

She also said that the white bumps on lips is from animal fat in some chapsticks, etc.... again IIRC.
14.gif

Just thought I would mention that since your post reminded me.

I got a Kinerase eye cream as a sample... it''s really nice. I agree with miracles... very important to moisturize.

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/26/2008 2:28:43 PM
Author: sera

pavelover, if you can go to a Macy''s or Sephora or somewhere they carry Benefit, try their Erase Paste. It''s thick and creamy and covers well... it also brightens. I think it might work well on dry skin.
Hey Sera,
thanks for giving me that name- benefit- I have liked some of there stuff before- I will check it out- is it a concealer?

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
MiracleSue,
thanks for your response- I do use moisturizer- right now I am using jan marini from where I get facials- I started using there bioglycolic and I really think it helped with lines on my forehead. I then got the C-esta cream for eyes- I think this is ok but I haven''t noticed any miracles. I now bought a heavier cream and am putting it on my face and under eyes. I will check out glominerals. It sounds good. Thanks for the tips!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Lancome all the way, 100% everything I wear is Lancome.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2008 9:01:55 PM

Date: 4/26/2008 2:28:43 PM

Hey Sera,
thanks for giving me that name- benefit- I have liked some of there stuff before- I will check it out- is it a concealer?
Yes, it''s a thick, creamy concealer and brightener. It seems to absorb in almost... it''s not something that "sits on" the skin that rubs off, gets creases or becomes cakey.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2008 12:10:26 PM
Author: VegasAngel
I use Paula Begouns SPF 15 Best Face Forward Foundation & SPF 15 Healthy Finish Pressed Powder. if I was looking for something just to even out my skin w/sheer coverage I would go for her Barely There Sheer Matte Tint SPF 20 or Aveda''s Inner Light Tinted Moisture SPF 15 I
emlove.gif
Aveda.
i can second the Barely There Sheer Matte by Paula Begoun. i hate putting on foundation, and i love this stuff. easy to put on, blends beautifully, very light even with the SPF which i love that it has. you can build it up for more coverage, but i have only ever needed one layer to even out my pale/rosy/splotchy skin tone.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/28/2008 12:41:50 AM

Date: 4/27/2008 9:09:33 PM
Author: miraclesrule

Hi Sue,

pavelover: I have tried many under eye concealers and most all of them cause wierd little bumps under my eyes. At least with me. And almost universally, after a short time they end up collecting in the fine lines around the eyes and or look hideous in photographs. The best one I have found is by Hourglass. I use their concealer in ''Pearl''. I can''t find it in my city, so I have a friend pick it up for me whenever she visits from Los Angeles. It zaps under eye circles very effectively.

Also, if you want a mineral powder that doesn''t do what the other ''mineral'' products do, try GloMinerals. I got it from a dermatologist office in compact powder form. If you put in on over a sunscreen or moisturizer, it''s awesome. I think it''s important to go matte vs. illuminating unless you are very young with flawless skin. ''illuminating=highlight every line and flaw '' in my opinion.

I only like to use anything ''illuminating'' to highlight the below eye/high cheekbone to top ear area.
I remember a woman from Aveda talking about deposits under the eyes... I think she said it was due to oily/greasy residue from make-up. IIRC, she also mentioned something about women putting Vaseline under their eyes and then later some needing the deposits scraped out.
23.gif

She also said that the white bumps on lips is from animal fat in some chapsticks, etc.... again IIRC.
14.gif

Just thought I would mention that since your post reminded me.

I got a Kinerase eye cream as a sample... it''s really nice. I agree with miracles... very important to moisturize.

I think it''s milia & it occurs when dead skin get trapped in small pockets at the surface of the skin or mouth, babies & adults get it. If I get one that is a good size I pick it. Microdermabrasion helps get rid of it as well as using an AHA or BHA.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Vegas Angel: OMG, thank you for giving a name to this condition. I''m so glad to find out I''m not crazy and this actually had a name. Whenever I used a new product, like eye makeup remover for example, I would have one of these pop up and BAM, I would toss the product away.

I am so hesitant about anything under the eye now because the last time I tried something new, I got one that actually ended up ...and this might sound gross...just under my eyelid and the leg of it looks like a whitehead on my actual eyelid. I tried to get rid of it myself, but to no avail. I will have to check with the dermatologist and see if they can remove it.

The things we women go through....
27.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I really love my Mary Kay foundation. I have tried almost EVERYTHING and it''s one of two that doesn''t turn orange on me. The other one I like is Paula Dorf, but it''s $50 and MK is $14. I have dry skin so I have a hard time with the Mineral powders... they settle where they shouldn''t... it''s not pretty on me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results