shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you getting your SO for Xmas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Oh Monarch...I''ve got one from the same mold! (not the green growing kind...the special order man department kind...) Anyway we just bought a new home that has about a gazillion Oak Trees...hence mega gazillion leaves. He went out and bought a leaf blower...for anyone else this commercial grade blower is MORE than enough, but noooo...went back and bought one that is a back pack...this thing will blow a car battery across the driveway...still not powerful enough...goes back bought this...this...thing. It is called little Wonder. It is this fan on wheels with a volkswagen engine that will blow the roof off the house...hmmmm just right!

You know I blame the television series home improvement. That Tim Allen showed our guys not to settle for the ordinary...BIGGER IS BETTER. Well, of course in diamonds that is true. But in lawn equipment, engine size, and now your fish tank! Will the madness ever end?

Ok, heres the deal...have you seen the electric fish aquarium? You plug it in...or maybe it is battery operated...anyway these fish just swim. They get the job done. They also have column tower fish tanks. They take up no more than a foot square of ground space...

Ok, your going to pass on the fish...just let him know I tried.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
DKS,
You are quite a character, you just crack me up!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Door Knob, I guess men are as bad with their "toys" as we women are with our jewels!!! Yup, our men are definitely cut from the same man cloth. Throughout the past year and a half since we bought our first house, I have rolled my eyes to myself every time hubby has gone out to purchase the latest greatest lawn tool/grill/home appliance/tool/electric tool/WHATEVER! The most ridiculous one to date was the lawn edger, this electric thing with a blade on it that you stick in between your lawn and the sidewalk to make a nice, neat edge so the grass (heaven forbid) doesn''t overlap onto the sidewalk. I made some comment to him about it while he was using it, like "what in the world do we need that for?" and wouldn''t you know, some guy walks past and says "wow, that looks really nice!" I was trying not to gag!!!
face22.gif
We also were fortunate enough (I say this with a small degree of sarcasm) to buy a house in the same neighborhood as one of his good friends, who bought their house shortly after we moved in. Not that the guys will ever admit it, but they have been in a hot competition over who has the most toys--they even "swap" things like power washers, snow blowers, etc. just to "try them out." Home Depot just loves them, let me tell you. Then again, so does our jeweler, who has supplied about 8 engagement rings and countless other presents to even more of our friends!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DKS:

P.S. I don''t think my husband would find the electric tank too humerous. LOL. It would be like you giving your husband a hair dryer for his oak leaves!
emotion-20.gif

Tali

Rough_Rock
Not very romantic, but my DH is getting luggage. We''re headed to NZ for 6 months
36.gif
and he needs it........

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
He has always wanted a courduory quilt for some reason.. soo i am learning how to quilt (slowly but surely) then the normal clothes and socks :) plus some goodies for his truck he is redoing.

i think the best gift i ever got him was a telescope and then from the national star registary i named a star after us "team jc". we love going to look at the stars and just get away from the hussle and bussle of life and just enjoy each others company under the big sky!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
We haven''t exchanged x-mas gifts for each other in a long time. We just buy something that we want for the house. This year my husband wants some surround speaker system for the tv (I am soooo not into electronics!) but I told him I want a gift FOR ME this year.
2.gif
Actually, we really need a new car, so if we get that it will be nothing else....which is OK by me.
2.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Wouldn''t you love to live in one of those Lexus commercials where you open the box and it''s a set of keys - you run to the window and there''s a 330 with a big red bow in your driveway
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2005 7:36:20 PM
Author: Starset Princess
Wouldn''t you love to live in one of those Lexus commercials where you open the box and it''s a set of keys - you run to the window and there''s a 330 with a big red bow in your driveway
30.gif
haha SP whenever that happens in a movie or a commercial I am like YEAH RIGHT!!!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
I can guarantee you, that will NOT be us!

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
I''m getting mine an

MP3 player
games for the PC
a new road bike -- he loves to cycle, but for several years has only had a mountain bike. He usually runs but now, getting into his 40s, the joints arent what they used to be and he mentioned that he wants to switch back to cycling. I caught him one day drooling over a road bike, casually found out what size he needs, and I''m on it! It is a cool bike, and he''s going to love it!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Portoar

I love it! Every body should have some form of a bike under the tree! Good idea! Walmart has those name plates for bikes...is his name a common one? I would get him a bike horn too just for yuks.
emwink.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
My BF and I are going low budget this year (like $50), b/c he''s buying my ring. Last year I made him a calandar (thanks kodakgallery.com) with pictures from the year before. I''m making him another one this year. I''ve also turned him into a cook, and the other weekend we were cooking dinner for my grandma and I was teasing him about aprons and he said he wanted one, so I''m getting him an apron from Williams-Sonoma with his nick name mongrammed on it.

A potential surprise side gift might be a rolex in the pocket of the apron (if he proposes in time for me to be able to buy him the watch before Christmas).

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought hubby a pretty blue cashmere sweater today. Now all I have to do is find him something golf related and I''ll be all set!!
2.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Author: appletini
Appletini - a friend made appletinis for us the other night and they were so good and tasted like candy & before I knew it was absolutely bombed. The next day I had a terrible pounding headache! lol

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2005 8:57:20 PM
Author: pebbles

30.gif
I can guarantee you, that will NOT be us!
9.gif
I got that last year!
And my daddy just got the big one for his sister! I love those bows!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am getting my SO:
a neat thing of diffrent kinds of jerky, elk, moose and flavored beef
an audio to audio plug so he can use his MP3 player in his car
Logitech wireless controllers
a sweatshirt from the CD our songs is on
a new rosary
a leather portfolio which can hold his pda

I know this all sounds like weird stuff, but this year I am getting the present. So I am doing a gift basket kind of thing for him.

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
I am upgrading some of my Hubby''s wardrobe.

I got him a suit--an almost constant need, but I got a nice one at the Saks outlet for 25% off the outlet price
2 belts -- his old ones were getting really baaaad)
A casual watch--his died last month
A flannel shirt--we just threw one out this morning
A medium blue button down shirt--just like the one the dry cleaner lost
29.gif
)

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I just got V a 60GB Black iPod, I bought him a 256 MP3 player 3 years ago for about 500$...it is amazing how much prices have changed. I hope he likes his new one!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results