shape
carat
color
clarity

Fall and Winter Must-Have''s??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kayla..yes I saw the seagrass color on ShopBop..figured it was new for spring!!

I have recently become OBSESSED with the cargo pocket pants from Juicy in the velour, I LOVE THE set I got from ShopBop, they are so flattering to me and comfy. I call them ''faux pants''..anyway I was going to buy a Juicy doggie set on eBay for less than $100 but then found out that 99% of the ones on there are FAKE. So now I am unsure where to get a set (they are from last year, the doggie sets I guess)...I really just want a few more pairs of the cargo pants but I''m not sure where to get them and not pay retail! I think I have found one or two authentic Juicy sellers but apparently it''s even very hard to identify those for certain. On the other hand I think well these are CLOTHES and I do wear them out after a few years, it''s not like a handbag where I''d buy only authentic because I want to carry it for 20 years. So maybe I will just get a good replica of the set as long as it fits good and doesn''t cost an arm and a leg.

For the sale I kept procrastinating and then when I went to buy, I couldn''t get the Pomegranate full set!!! I just was able to get the hoodie and then I got a pair of the Success cargo pants. But seemingly everything I liked was either sold out in pants or top so I wasn''t able to get a set. WAH!

So now I am on the hunt. I want a Travis velour cargo doggie set (light blue) and also maybe a Smokey set and a black pair of cargo pants just on their own.

momothree

Shiny_Rock
Thought I''d pipe in and report that I just bought my first pair of Juicy velour track pants today. I very belatedly decided to accept that Juicy is more than a trend and is probably here forever. Anyway, I was in Nordstom Rack today and decided on a whim to try on a pair of dark olive green pants. To my surprise, both the color and the fit were extremely flattering. Well, how about that! They had no matching hoodie which is fine by me because I think I''m a little old to pull off the whole kit & caboodle without looking like "mutton dressed as lamb" (to quote my favorite fashion advisors Trinny and Susannah). Anybody over 40 out there in PS-land wear Juicy?

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2006 3:38:59 PM
Author: Mara

I have recently become OBSESSED with the cargo pocket pants from Juicy in the velour, I LOVE THE set I got from ShopBop, they are so flattering to me and comfy.

That''s funny because I recall that you said you did not like them because you thought it made your butt look wide?
I have only two that I bought this year, in Sara J and Louie V and I don''t like how wide the bottom of the pants are. They are much wider than the regular pants, especially now that they are hemmed.

I am not sure if I should keep the PUff Puff jacket. It is very tight on me for a medium. I even sent it back to shopbop for an even exchange and the new medium they sent is very tight as well. The body is tight and shorter than my other mediums and the arms fit a lot tighter as well. I actually feel like I got the original ones I sent back!
I asked my husband if he thought it was too tight and he said no. I have to decide soon as the 21 day exchange will end this week.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2006 12:30:46 AM
Author: butterfly 17

Date: 1/9/2006 3:38:59 PM
Author: Mara

I have recently become OBSESSED with the cargo pocket pants from Juicy in the velour, I LOVE THE set I got from ShopBop, they are so flattering to me and comfy.

That's funny because I recall that you said you did not like them because you thought it made your butt look wide?
I have only two that I bought this year, in Sara J and Louie V and I don't like how wide the bottom of the pants are. They are much wider than the regular pants, especially now that they are hemmed.

I am not sure if I should keep the PUff Puff jacket. It is very tight on me for a medium. I even sent it back to shopbop for an even exchange and the new medium they sent is very tight as well. The body is tight and shorter than my other mediums and the arms fit a lot tighter as well. I actually feel like I got the original ones I sent back!
I asked my husband if he thought it was too tight and he said no. I have to decide soon as the 21 day exchange will end this week.
2.gif
Yep I did say that, but I never tried them on! I just figured wow back pockets and front pockets? That's wide hip and big butt heaven!! NO THANKS!

But then my girlfriend got a pair because she said her other girlfriend, who is kind of a bigger girl, REALLY LOVES them because they make her look smaller. So that got me thinking and then she said she loved them so I decided to try it and LO and behold I love them too. Damn!

I actually love how somewhat flared the cargo pants are on the bottom, it's more fun for me than the regular pants. I have about 4 pairs of regular velour pants with no cargo so I figure I can branch out a bit. And they look more like real pants than sweats as well, even my friend thought so.

The hoodies are inconsistent this year, my gal friend typically wears a large but the one she got was too big and fit me better, so she wants to sell me that one and get a medium.

So after scouring around, I think I found an authentic seller of the doggie cargo sets, she's in the UK and gets her stuff from a 'reliable private seller' not in China or anything. She will sell me the Smokey and a Travis when she gets it for about $120 each. Hmmm. Not sure on that one yet. I am so tempted to just buy a $50 fake set and call it a day, I mean if it FITS the same and looks the same who else will know????? It's a sweat set! Sometimes I feel like a nut for spending so much on this stuff.
20.gif
But on the other hand I don't really want a replica, even a good one. Phbbtt. Where's that money tree when you need it!?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t read all posts about fakeys..but I think I did a 180 in the last few days. Like it hit me. Why spend all the money for the real deal? If it''s the same quality, and it makes you feel good, and it''s not too flashy (I''m not up to fakes LVS or Guccis, etc, yet)....Why the hell not. I shouldn''t have to spend all this money to be fabulous! I''m fabulous already! :) I say go cheap. And spend the $ where it''s important...I want to move in a few years and not be stuck here forever. Fake city here I come!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone buy Cole Haan handbags? And where

I saw some while at the Houston Galleria yesterday - I LIKE !!!!

And I went to the Princess Diana exhibit, oh my gosh. The dresses, jewels to die for- just yummy.
Her wedding dress was pure confection - so young and fluffly - but then again she was young. It was interesting to see the transition of clothing styles as she got older. After she divorced her style changed and was sorta a screw ''em attitude and she began wearing sexy revealing clothing. She was tall and thin. In pictures and on tv she always looked like maybe she was a size 8 or so, but these selected pieces of clothing made one think she was fairly slim.
I saw her once in London. I was shopping in a antique silver shop and there was a rush of "Diana, Diana is next door". Well, hell, I flew out and waited on the sidewalk for her to come out of this tiny little dressmaker''s shop. Her dark blue Rolls and chauffer were waiting for her. She came and was so polite to the 5 or 6 of us waiting for her. She paused on the sidewalk, smiled and gave a little wave. We respectfully did not get too close 10 ft maybe (it''s been years since this happened) She was married to Charles at this point. I have always wondered what would have happened to her had she lived.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Ann,
I have one cole haan clutch for going out/parties, but otherwise I don''t have any others.

You can go on the website- colehaan.com and purchase from them directly or try bagshop.com (I think?) and as long as you have the item number, you can ask them to get it and I think they give a discount.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2006 9:51:05 PM
Author: moremoremore
I didn't read all posts about fakeys..but I think I did a 180 in the last few days. Like it hit me. Why spend all the money for the real deal? If it's the same quality, and it makes you feel good, and it's not too flashy (I'm not up to fakes LVS or Guccis, etc, yet)....Why the hell not. I shouldn't have to spend all this money to be fabulous! I'm fabulous already! :) I say go cheap. And spend the $ where it's important...I want to move in a few years and not be stuck here forever. Fake city here I come!
I think I agree when it comes to these Juicy sets but honestly I can't buy a fake bag. I JUST CAN'T. I bought a $20 Kate Spud off of some dude in NYC on the corner (it says Kate Spade) but I never wear it because I feel like everyone would know if I did. Plus the fakes sometimes can be expensive as well, aka fake LV's run like $100-300 sometimes so why bother to spend that when you could just get the real thing?? Sure it's more but I also can't stomach paying some of the fake replica prices! Clothes are one thing because I wear them out but I don't think I'll ever be a bag convert!! However, let me know how that goes MMM...you never know!~

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I still don't think I'd do a fake Louis or Gucci or Coach b/c of the monograms...I'd feel too weird...But I gotta tell ya, I saw a faux Tod's DBag on line that was a mirror image...Not too many people would know a Tod's if they saw one. It was real leather and the slightest detail was the same. It looked so well made which is the key...not like a Kate "Spud" LMAO!!! LOL
I went for it for a hundred bucks considering that Tod's are kind of up there in the price range. I can't wait to get it. But...ummm, I kinda then ordered a real one too LMAO! I'm going to burn in hell really when hubby catches on. Not to mention that I realized that I needed therapy when I thought about how purchased two of the same bags last month b/c I "loved it so had to have it and not one more bag for as long as I lived"..... And now I'm trying to get the paralegal to buy one or get my MIL to go for it. Sick. Sick. Sick. Maybe this will be a "J.B. Tod's" LOL

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Let's see if this works. Not the one I ordered b/c it is a tad too small...but the detail in the close ups is not even funny. It's not flashy so maybe that's why I changed my tune on fakes. But watch, it comes and it sux! For ex, I think this is like over a grand...and it's a hundred bucks for the exact same leather and made just as well...why the heck not. Again, I wouldn't feel comfortable with a fake monogram type bag...but geez, if these aren't so darn cute! :)

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Hmm. Didn''t work.

tdbag.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
How cute is the inside!? Real suede!
I think the key for me is that I''d buy a bag like this regardless of the name...

inside.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
And not to go off on a tangent...but does anyone know what kind of plant/tree that might be? A Japanese Cherry? I love it. Not so much the vase. But the idea.

japancherry.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes I think that is a Japanese Cherry Blossom or something like that! It may even be a regular cherry blossom?

I love the big magnolias in vases too, my girlfriend has a tree in her yard and she pulls flowers from it all the time, they are such great striking decor flowers.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oh crap! That''s awesome! $89 not really TOO bad considering the price of the flowers at pb, etc...
My compu is still messed up so I''m going to take a look at them tomorrow on my work compu...Thanks!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
There must be something wrong with me. ......I don''t have any "must-haves".

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Everything I see is a must have
38.gif
3.gif
18.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wanted to update this thread with a bunch of sale goodies that I have gotten in the last few weeks....since it''s almost end of winter here in California...lots of stuff is on sale and I have found a few good deals online.

1) Was at Loehmanns last week and they had some new Juicy stuff in which I was stoked about! I got a pale pink pair of the fleece cargo pants for $49 in my size and also a pair of the Creamsicle orange color terry drawstring pants but with the cute ruffled pocket on the back butt for $49. Also picked up two C&C tanks for $16 and $24 when their retail is $40! Score. Of course there I am on a rainy day in line with all summer/spring stuff, the irony!

2) A few weeks ago I found a pair of the AG Goldie jeans in Merlot on Revolve Clothing in my size on sale for $79 with free 2 day shipping, I got them and ADORE THEM. They are now my new favorites, they are so flattering on! The rise is smaller 6.5 instead of the Legend and the Club which is more like 7 and 7.5 and it actually flatters me more because I don''t need extra material at my waist. I adore them. I hope that this style comes up in another wash on sale at some point because I would definitely buy another. They have the yellow stitching at the waist and hems in 3 parallel lines rather than just the one typical yellow denim stitching line so it''s a fun fresh take on jeans IMO, makes them look a bit different.

3) On eBay 2 weeks ago I got a great deal on some AG Legend 100% cotton jeans (retail $150!)...the gal never wore them so she sold them and I got them for $17 including shipping. How sweet is that? Well she had them hemmed and she said 32 but when I put them on it was a little more like 31...so just a TINY bit too short for my happiness because I''m a little taller. I could wear them with flip flops, but I think I will take the hemming out so that they can fray at the edges and it will give me that tiny bit of extra height that I think I want. But they fit PERFECTLY and are very comfy and for $17!

4) I have been drooling over the Juicy velour cargo sets online but all the fakes on Ebay kept me from buying anything...well a month ago my GF and I placed an order on ShopBop during their 20% sale and she got the Success cargo pants and the matching track jacket and I got the Pomegranate Hoodie and a pair of Success cargo''s because I ordered too late and alot of the other stuff was sold out. Well her track jacket was too big for her! So she sold it to me for $50 which was a total score since she only wore it once...so now I have the matching jacket to my cargo pants. I LOVE the Success color too, it''s a very rich dark blue that is complimentary to my skin tone.

So I think that''s it for my update on my must have and fun sale purchases. I''m still looking for another pair of jeans that are Legend and STRETCHY to replace my old ones that are tearing at the pocket (I''ve worn them sooo much in the last 1.5 years!), there was a pair on eBay that I bought new for $49 but the seller kept LOSING the jeans in the mail, so finally he just refunded my money. There is another pair up right now for $49 by another seller so I may try to buy those and see if they work out. I just love these Legend 98/2 jeans and really want another pair before my old ones just give up or I have to patch a pocket!

Anyone else got some good sale goodies in the last month or so??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results