shape
carat
color
clarity

Coveting Coach Bag!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oops the picture did not come up for some reason...sorry about that. The link takes you to a bag which I think is the one Mara posted for 250$.

Marabadlessthen300.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Somehow Mat, I don't think that's the real thing!! The fake ones are around that kind of super high discounted pricing.
2.gif
It'd be nice but doubt it...hehee. But SHHH don't show it to Greg..he'd probably say it looks just as good!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
ooh,
I love the bag you posted, I would definitely get it!!! It is so cute!

You know, if you open a Saks 5th Avenue card, you can get 10% off you purchases for one day.
31.gif
It doesn't matter what it is!

I love LV bags, although I don't have too many of them, and I love the monogram canvas the best.

I had posted a while ago about getting an LV bag from someone on ebay and I did wind up purchasing it from her. I got it for $550 and it retailed for $825. It came with the original box and the original receipt from Eluxury. Plus the dust bag and locks and keys.

The other day I took it to the LV store at the Short Hills Mall and they said it was real, so I am really happy about that.

The bag that was posted doesn't look real to me. I think the reason being that it is really cheap for something that is brand new and has never been used, LV doesn't put plastic on it's handles, the canvas does not look even( the bag looks longer on the right side) and smooth ( the texture looks rippled, like when a car has a paint job after an accident). The inside red lining just looks awful and lastly there is a brown cowhide tag on the right side of the strap handle, something which LV never puts on their bags.
2.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Matatora, the bag you posted is surely fake, but it still looks okay. I mean, if you know what you are getting and not expecting the real thing, maybe it''s not too bad. I''ve seen a lot of bad fakes, and this one, from the pic, is a close replica.

Mara, I saw the LV Coussin bag a while back and tried it on. It is a PERFECT size, and I love the shape. The ONLY thing that bothered me is that when I wear handbags with a double shoulder strap, one strap always falls down, and I am constantly yanking it back up on my shoulder. I do have narrow shoulders though so it''s probably not a problem with most people. I just sold a Coach Signature Small Slim Duffle on eBay after carrying it only a few times because the wide shoulder strap would always fall off my shoulder. It just about drove me insane!! That''s okay though -- got most of my money back and now I can go handbag shopping again!
31.gif

Don''t forget to post pics when you get the bag. An arm shot would be nice.
2.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/5/2005 9:00:03 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
Catmom I really like that bag! Does it have any outside zipper compartments or are they all on the inside? No matter how much I try to ''downsize'' the amount of stuff I carry, I never seem to be able to close a bag completely!

I have never really gotten into designer purses because I always felt that if you paid that much for one you would have to marry it! If it gets dirty or stained, I guess that is too bad about your luck, huh? Just seems like when the next season rolls around, I would want something different. I have a couple of Stone Mountain bags that I switch around with but at some point I don''t want to put my stuff in that ''used'' pocketbook anymore. I just want to pitch it and get another one. It''s easier to do that if you only paid $100 for it as opposed to $350. Make sense?
Thanks MGRs. It only has an inside zipper pocket plus cell phone and extra pocket. It has a small open pocket on the outside, though. It is pretty roomy inside which is why I went with it. I have several smaller coach bags and never had enough room inside. This one has room to spare.

I know what you mean about spending that much and then it gets dirty or old. I have a light blue all suede coach bag that I love but it tends to get dirty very easily. I''ve found that the main material on this bag seems to repel stains and the suede is a dark chocolate brown which shouldn''t show dirt. I''ve got my fingers crossed that this one stays cleaner longer. I have several bags that I switch around with depending on the season or how bored I get with them. They usually hold up very well [except for above mentioned] and I really have no need to purchase more other than I just like a new style.
11.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2005 8:11:15 AM
Author: diamondlil
Matatora, the bag you posted is surely fake, but it still looks okay. I mean, if you know what you are getting and not expecting the real thing, maybe it''s not too bad. I''ve seen a lot of bad fakes, and this one, from the pic, is a close replica.

Mara, I saw the LV Coussin bag a while back and tried it on. It is a PERFECT size, and I love the shape. The ONLY thing that bothered me is that when I wear handbags with a double shoulder strap, one strap always falls down, and I am constantly yanking it back up on my shoulder. I do have narrow shoulders though so it''s probably not a problem with most people. I just sold a Coach Signature Small Slim Duffle on eBay after carrying it only a few times because the wide shoulder strap would always fall off my shoulder. It just about drove me insane!! That''s okay though -- got most of my money back and now I can go handbag shopping again!
31.gif

Don''t forget to post pics when you get the bag. An arm shot would be nice.
2.gif
Oh no...I am afriad I am one of those weird people who has never liked LV bags...they just do not appeal to me. I had one of the round bags given to me and I gave it to another friend.
28.gif
Just not my style. But I will still try and find one of those lame ones for my buddy even if I think it is Gad-awful ugly.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness Mara, I got that bag for around $90.00 at the Coach outlet around June of this year. Exact same bag! How much is it listed for online? You say it's a fall bag though?
Hmm yup got it this summer and they said it was an "outlet" item because Coach was doing away with the buckles, but I love the buckle on it!

Congrats on the pending LV!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe we should re-name this thread to the "Show me the Purse" thread. I had a girls'' weekend in the NC mountains and while up there we hit the Coach outlet store. I''d been eyeing a beautiful brown suede Coach purse for months now. I looked at the bag at another outlet in the summer and it was marked $269. I walked in and browsed the clearance section hoping for a miracle. Well the handbag gods were shining down on me because there in the halogen spotlight in the cubby was my bag. It was redlined down to $209. The sign above it said "additional 20% off all clearance merchandise" That brought it down to $167. Since October is breast cancer awareness month, Coach was offering a coupon for an additional 15% off ANY merchandise even clearance. For a 10 dollar donation to the Susan G. Koman foundation I got the coupon, a coupon booklet for other stores in the mall and a silver bracelet. The extra 15% brought the price down to $145. I snatched it up!!

Love that new leather smell!!!

brown coach.JPG

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - what a deal! Don''t you just love getting a bargain like that? That is a very nice looking bag - enjoy!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
So pretty, Pearcrazy!! Love suede!

Angel, the bag retails for $349 in fall colors, but the one I saw was pink. I haven''t had a chance to go to the outlet in Gilroy or to Loehmann''s who sells Coach from previous season...but maybe soon I''ll have a chance and will get lucky...we''ll see!

On a positive note, Greg said he was going shopping for ''a lucky birthday girl'' this week at the LV store or Bloomie''s...YAY! Just a few more weeks and I''ll hopefully have my new bag...and trust me since he is getting it for me, I will be required to use it at least every other month for the next 2-5 years.
5.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
So are you interested in the pink bag Mara? If I''m not mistaken all the bags in the pink leather were on clearance too. I''d definately check out the Coach outlet near you. If you get there before the end of October then you may be able to get the extra 15% off coupon that Coach was sponsoring.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2005 8:11:15 AM
Author: diamondlil

The ONLY thing that bothered me is that when I wear handbags with a double shoulder strap, one strap always falls down, and I am constantly yanking it back up on my shoulder.

I have the small LV bucket bag and one strap always falls off my shoulder without fail. I have to place the one that falls, under the other one to stop it from falling, otherwise, my bag is wide open!

Lately, I have started to covet the hand held bags, ie. Alma, ellipse.

I was thinking of getting the Coussin or the papillon, but then I remember the double strap problem, so I doubt I will get one.
My next one will most likely be the LV pochette croissant. I need a small bag to carry my wallet and cell phone when I have the diaper bag with me.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh Kayla that''s a nice one. I''ll show it to Greg though he''s more the type who would just pay more to get it from the store to know it''s kosher...he isn''t really the type who would want to ''hassle'' (how he''d see it!) with eBay. Plus it''s my bday on THURS so I hope he already has done the deed!!
31.gif
But maybe not and he could save some $$!

I worry about the double strap a bit, but I figure I don''t want to overthink the purchase...I saw it on a client and loved it and she had both straps on and they seemed to fit fine...I have been thinking about a new LV for almost 2 years now but just never could committ to one style...!!!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Well, I am sending you birthday wishes and hoping that he did get you the bag.

I usually by a designer bag once a year. Although this year, I was not supposed to get one, but then I found the one on ebay.
It''s actually the first bag I ever purchased on ebay, although I have sold 2 LV Wallets, 1 Gucci wallet and two Gucci bags. But that''s another story!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tend to really spend and get a new bag every two years or so...in the meantime I beef up the collection with things from Loehmann''s in the ''style'' for that season, aka Kenneth Cole has some great stuff that is usually good for 3-4 months etc...but I could never see paying $$$$ for the trendy stuff like LV cherries or whatever that are going to come and go. But I guess if you have got the money and can spend it ala Paris Hilton, why not.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2005 12:45:59 PM
Author: butterfly 17
Hey Mara,
Look at this ebay listing for that LV Coussin bag.

The person just bought it on Aug. 22, 2005 and they have the original receipt, etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-LOUIS-VUITTON-COUSSIN-GM-HANDBAG-HauteTOTS_W0QQitemZ6813960185QQcategoryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Wow, Butterfly, that looks like a great bargain. If I could get over the 2-strap issues, I''d consider it myself.

Great find, Pearcrazy. I love the suede!

Has anyone ever heard of bags by an Italian designer Berge? I just purchased on at a discount store for half price. I''ll try to post a pic.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Here is my new Berge bag. I saw these in Nordstrom''s last year for $200. I got it at a discount store for $90 on clearance. It is dark brown crock with denim blue "pony hair" accent on front, whatever that means. It was just the right size and cute with jeans, so I could not resist. Probably only werable with solids though because of the print, but I HAD to have it.
2.gif

Berge handbag.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
that''s cute dl

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondlil, love your new bag, how fun is that???

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara,

Has your birthday come and gone yet or are we still waiting for the big day? Just wanted to know what you found under your ''birthday tree''!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Sevens and Kaleigh. I generally buy solid bags, but I loved this, and I must admit, it was a spur-of-the moment decision to just do it. I really *need* a plain black shoulder bag, not too big and not too small, but I just have not come up with the right one.

Only 2 days to go Mara. We''ll be waiting.
31.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Slightly off topic but does anyone like Dooney and Bourke bags? I bought a D and B tote the other week and I love it
30.gif
It seems really well made and I just wondered how popular they are in the States or are Coach the big guns? It wasn''t cheap either
8.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondlil,

What a cute bag! Congrats on a great find.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s two more days to go!!
31.gif
Birthday is on Thursday....!

Greg keeps saying things like he got me a nice Louis Vittonne from an online store...
20.gif
he''s so silly.

Of course now that I know he is getting me that one, I keep seeing others ones around that I like too....it''s like diamonds, the madness never ends!
5.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not to worry Mara - that''s what they make returns for! Seriously, hope all your dreams come true!
emgift.gif
emotion-19.gif
emcake.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
yesterday, I was at thevDisney store and someone had the coussin bag and it looked so good, so I asked her how she felt about the shoulder straps, if they fell all the time she said no, that she loved it.

I am so tempted to get this bag now.

Mara, you are a bad influence!!! Shame, shame, shame!!
38.gif
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks MGR!! I hope so too.
9.gif

Oh I am so glad to hear that Kayla, I was secretly kind of worried about the straps, hee hee. Well as soon as I get it (IF!), I will take lots of pictures!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see it!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see your new bag Mara. I love Louis Vuitton! Have yourself a great birthday on Thursday!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results